Suggestion: Fleshing out tutorial NPCs (and possibly NPCs in general) from a newbie

Are NPCs sufficiently fleshed out in their story missions? (Purpose of mission, Personality, Etc)

• Yes, and I believe that the NPCs don't need any further expansion in the near future

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes, it is sufficient, though I would not mind further elaboration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is insufficient and needs work, though it is mostly workable, currently

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No, it is very insufficient and needs alot of work

• (other; no opinion, different idea, etc)

• Total voters

AffinityCraft

Apr 3, 2021
When I started the game I immediately noticed how Crafty Mike just felt... well, hollow. They appear, give blocks, and disappear and after completing all missions and are never heard from again. I don't recall that Mike implies that they will not return to get the blocks or anything, so it feels like a loose thread.

I am thinking just adding one line at the end of each mission, a suspiciously specific denial on how Mike is giving the blocks to the player, and on the final mission of "I think you can take care of yourself now" will be satisfactory as a conclusion, and more-so if the player can learn a bit about Mikes origins; maybe a handler from GSO who took interest, a sponsor of the player, or something else.

I think that adding one extra line for every story mission that implies the specific purpose, or the NPC's nature (I appreciate that the first mission of GeoCorp with the foreman does imply sufficiently, though I don't recall it really clearing up that the GeoCorp NPC ran out of fuel, is lazy, or what they were really doing) would allow a much fuller clarification of the nature or purpose of the NPCS that the player interacts with.

Reactions: TreeTech

AffinityCraft

Apr 3, 2021
Update: Having played to Bomber Command and completed Suzie Vroom (Getting their heads signals the end of missions?) I can say that, at least, the Hawkeye guy feels the most complete. Their role is a drill Sargent and they aptly play the stereotype for easy identification. However, the others still feel lacking, so I won't change my vote, because even Sarge needs a very obvious backstory (I dont recall Why they were sent. Are they the standard training officer? This "sector" officer? And what about others? And finally, im unsure how destroying the hawkeye units sent after the crashed helicopter has enlisted me)

Shpick

Jun 30, 2020
oh i always felt different... like i always wanted to see the drivers behind these techs... unless everyone is a robot...