[SUGGESTION] CPU capacity limit

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
I came up with a solution to missiles and other OP stuff. I present to you:

The glorious and terrifying CPU limit!

The idea:
1 - Every cab has a CPU limit, wich when reached, will not let you add any blocks that are using said limit.
2 - Each corporation has thier own cab, with thier own bonuses and restrictions.
3 - With each level of corporation license you get, the CPU limit is increased, aswell as the restrictions being removed and new bonuses added.
4 - You cant have multiple bonuses from multiple corporations, you have to chose ONE, and you cant change it while in battle. Same with multiple cabs from one corporation, you have to chose one.
5 - Blocks can, and will use the CPU limit, weapons being the most expensive type of all.
6 - Leveling up increased the CPU limit

Description:
1 - Makes sense, scince your tech is somehow being controlled, the drill being used automaticly, all the weapons activate with 1 button, and all the wheels are being powered with also just 1 button.
2 - Makes sense, because each corporations is focused on something diffirent (kinda).
3 - This would add a lot meaning to the license level, scince right now it is only for unlocking new blocks and sometimes new missions.
4 - It would make sense if diffirent corporations didnt use the exact same CPU, scince they are focused on diffirent stuff (kinda), because if you have an off-road truck, you dont want to use F1 wheels. And vice versa. Just imagine an F1 appearing at the race track with big truck wheels.
5 - Here comes the missile fix. Just make them cost a LOT, so you can only have 4 of them, or 4 only with Hawkeye cab, scince it gives "Weapons cost 10% less in CPU" bonus, or something like that.
6 - This would be logical scince you get more blocks as you level up and you want to use them

Recomended bonuses and restrictions:
Maybe it would make sense to start with no bonuses or only 1-5% instead of what ive listed, and then make it stronger as the level goes up
Reverse with restrictions, would make sense to make them weaker at higher levels

It would make sense for GSO to give all kind of bonuses, but weak, scince its a starter corporation, or maybe it could give "Conveyors speed +10%" bonus at some point, scince its the only corporation with component factories.

For GeoCorp, give it bonuses like "Durability +10%" and "Resources yield +5% more", or just make the "Automatic drills activation on contact" exclusive to GeoCorp. The restrictions are simple, "Max speed -10%" or "CPU weapons cost +25%" will do.

The Venture bonuses are simple: "General max speed +20%", "CPU wheels cost -10%". The restrictions can be "Durability -5%", but maybe its a little too much scince Venture blocks are already very weak, so maybe it would be better to go with "Battery capacity -5%" or "Weapons weight +10%"

Hawkeye is simple, "CPU weapons cost -10%" and "Battery power capacity +10%" for bonuses, while "Collector capacity -15%", "Conveyors speed -5%", and "Resource sell cost -10%" for the restrictions.

As for Better Future, "Hover strength & speed +10%", "Laser damage +5%", and "CPU Wheels & Tracks cost +5%" is all it needs. Maybe "Anti-Grav range +10%"

I will say it again: The bonuses should be applyed ONLY if the player is using a cab from the corporation with said bonuses, and ONLY on the tech the cab is placed on

Last edited:

Epic afdc

One word for this: no
Not only will adding limits to weaponry ruin the fun of the game, but it’ll break so many techs it’s ridiculous.

This is exactly the thing that pushed me away from all sorts of building games such as crossout and Robocraft. Limits like this aren’t fun.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
I would only advise adding this as an option for hosts in multiplayer
Putting limits on campaign techs, creative, and R&D would frustrate many players;people already dislike the block limit on Console versions of the game-we don't need to frustrate everyone further

As Epid afdc said this would break many techs and render others useless

A missile nerf is probably due by now, but I don't support it being in the form of limiting creativity

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
Im not saying that the limit should be small... i said nothing about the numbers. I only said "4 missiles max", but just a single missile could be equal to 1000 GSO 1 blocks

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
As i said, the limit doesnt need to be small, infact it would be awesome if Payload tried to optimize the game so there would be no build box, and the limit would be bigger than the build box even if it was there

Captain Load

While multi-techs could exist with such a paradigm a lot of others couldn't. Soooo...perhaps something more like:

• Every cab has a CPU rating. We'll say GSO's has 500. Every block demands enough computing power from the cab to be attached to the tech. A simple GSO 1-Block demands 1 CPU while a Megaton Cannon needs 20. Manufacturing blocks like factories and SCUs would logically demand the most, which could put some limits on mobile bases. Imagine a GSO Refinery needing 40 CPU. This sort of scheme could probably work and would add a smidgeon of realism to the game without severely impacting anyone's fun. We'd be forced to make some design choices, which would add variety to the builds we see. It also might spark a min-maxing war and we'd end up with the "optimal" version of every type of tech posted to the Workshop, so there are some possible hazards to creativity. There could even be a Secondary CPU block that used maybe 5 CPU points of processing power while also adding 25 to a tech. These external CPUs would also burn a bit of energy. Naturally, CPU requirements could be disabled in any game mode (chosen by the host in co-op). I would actually like to see both CPU and power requirements for techs. Designing a tech should be more involved than "add moar guns" to your rolling mountain of GC or HE batteries. As for individual cab adjustments I kinda like OP's list although I could see the GC weapon penalty being a little punishing. It wouldn't be if GC would get some actual weapons, *cough*, ahem..

Last edited:

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
If you guys really want gun bricks and missiles to be nerfed, I present one solution other than limiting weapon numbers:
Build Smarter

Giant gun bricks and missile batteries tend to be very cumbersome in the first place, so creating a fast flanking tech would work fine
And for missile batteries, once some of the missile launchers explode, its pretty much game over

No need to introduce a PC version of a block limit for the sake of "game balance"
I haven't even mentioned the number of design paths that will be blocked if this is added-airships, giant meme techs, carriers, bases, etc
This is meant to be a simple game;crafting is already confusing for some players-add on to that weapon damage modifiers, flight, and many control setups-no need to introduce another mechanic that doesn't really benefit the game

Console already suffers, so no need to make PC players suffer as well. Instead, we should optimize the game for console to get rid of their block allowance

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Limits of any kind that cause building restrictions are a real kick in the face for a builder like me and if they are too bad I could see it ruining the game and then the Dev's would have pc players complaining about limits as well as the console players .
I already think our build limit is way too small, but that may just be me.

I think the main problem with missiles is that there is no real defense against them. We need a weapon that can shoot them out of the air, but still have a chance of missing so that missiles don't become useless all together.

Why not give the player an incentive to build smarter rather than just dropping more guns on a tech.
I would suggest a smaller reward if you are driving around in a monster with a million guns. Something like 10 BB's and maybe no XP for that kill, but if you were to use a smaller, less op tech and fight the same battle you would get 100 BB's and an appropriate amount of XP.
The harder the battle the bigger the reward.
Could even have special rewards that can only be unlocked by being the underdog in a battle.

Have a good one [8D)

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
Limits of any kind that cause building restrictions are a real kick in the face for a builder like me and if they are too bad I could see it ruining the game and then the Dev's would have pc players complaining about limits as well as the console players .
I already think our build limit is way too small, but that may just be me.

I think the main problem with missiles is that there is no real defense against them. We need a weapon that can shoot them out of the air, but still have a chance of missing so that missiles don't become useless all together.

Why not give the player an incentive to build smarter rather than just dropping more guns on a tech.
I would suggest a smaller reward if you are driving around in a monster with a million guns. Something like 10 BB's and maybe no XP for that kill, but if you were to use a smaller, less op tech and fight the same battle you would get 100 BB's and an appropriate amount of XP.
The harder the battle the bigger the reward.
Could even have special rewards that can only be unlocked by being the underdog in a battle.

Have a good one [8D)
I like your idea, but im sure someone will find a way to get the most XP and BB in every battle

Captain Load

If you guys really want gun bricks and missiles to be nerfed, I present one solution other than limiting weapon numbers:
Build Smarter

Giant gun bricks and missile batteries tend to be very cumbersome in the first place, so creating a fast flanking tech would work fine
And for missile batteries, once some of the missile launchers explode, its pretty much game over

No need to introduce a PC version of a block limit for the sake of "game balance"
I haven't even mentioned the number of design paths that will be blocked if this is added-airships, giant meme techs, carriers, bases, etc
This is meant to be a simple game;crafting is already confusing for some players-add on to that weapon damage modifiers, flight, and many control setups-no need to introduce another mechanic that doesn't really benefit the game

Console already suffers, so no need to make PC players suffer as well. Instead, we should optimize the game for console to get rid of their block allowance
If Terratech crafting is confusing for someone they should probably stick to mobile games. And why should PC players be constrained by console limitations, esp. since the game is such a poor fit for those platforms? If Payload wants to make "Terratech Lite" their welcome to pursue it while allowing the overwhelming majority of players on PC to enjoy something more than a dumbed-down Roblox.