Suggestion #2 Tesla Gun

RC-3197

Jan 5, 2018
Hi, I'm back with another suggestion for Terra Tech. The recent addition of the anti gravity gun to experimental is what pushed me to suggest one of my most radical weapon ideas.

The Tesla Gun.

First of all let's get something out of the way
94cf5c319a7660297cd4b4fc3e6fc83a_original.jpg
If anyone were to get this it would probably be these bad boys (Reticule Research), especially since they have what looks like a massive tesla gun mounted on the front of them. I have no idea what is in store for this tesla gun but I really want to emphasize that my idea and this can exist at the same time, just with some rebranding involved as to not confuse the two with eachother. So if that is indeed a tesla gun we would just come up with a new name for my idea (of course then it could be added to a different faction instead).

With that out of the way we can continue.

The Tesla gun is a very unique weapon. It is also a very deadly weapon for both you and your opponent. What this weapon does is weaponize your batteries. Think of it as a wireless charger except it's sole purpose is to destroy (looks I found an alternate name for it). What it would do is drain power from your batteries and try to charge your opponents tech past their maximum threshold, making the enemy tech's batteries explode if you charge them with more than they have capacity for. But of course the risk being that you don't have enough battery power yourself to blow them up. Fail with this and you've lost a decent chunk of your power for literally no reason, left yourself vulnerable, and charged their batteries (how nice of you). Succeed and you've just blown up all their batteries and probably the entire tech!

The suggested size for this block would be either 1x1x3 or 1x1x2 but I'm open to suggestions.

As for it's power drain and output, I have absolutely no idea because I don't know the power metrics in this game so I can't give a concrete number. Just make it so you can't just one shot people with all your power at once. I suggest something like a full GSO battery drained and launched at once with the fire rate half of that of a 3 pound.

Just to make sure you aren't confused this is a weapon block, it is fired using the space bar, but it drains your power and sends it equally to your target. If the power you send makes their batteries charge past their capacity their batteries will explode.

Also if an enemy tech does not have batteries this weapon will do nothing but waste your power.

Usage Scenarios:

Scenario 1:
You have a fully charged tech with one 5 GSO batteries a shield and repair bubble and this gun. You find a tech and it has 10 GSO batteries at roughly below half capacity because you attacked it earlier. You attack it with your tesla gun for 5 shots and lose all of your power. The enemy tech is now almost fully charged and destroys your sad tech because it no longer has any power to run its shields.

Scenario 2:
You have a fully charged tech with one fully charged GSO battery and this gun. You find a massive enemy tech with 30 fully charged Geocorp batteries. You use your agility to get up close and attack it with this gun. You hit it and lose all of your power, but the massive enemy tech starts exploding because it couldn't handle the extra charge.

Scenario 3:
You have a tech with this gun. It does nothing because you have no power.

Scenario 4:
You have a massive tech with hundreds of these guns on it with hundreds of Geocorp batteries, it is fully charged. You go around decimating techs left and right with this monstrosity until you run out of power and can't fire it any more. You also find some tiny techs without batteries and the weapon does nothing to them, you just shoot them with your megatons. All is well, and you decide to recharge your batteries at daytime.

So in summary:

The Tesla Gun is a 1x1x2 weapon that drains your battery to overcharge your opponents batteries and make them explode. This weapon is very risky because if you fail to charge the enemy tech past their capacity you will have lost a decent amount of power (depending on how much you fired the weapon) for nothing and their batteries are now charged more (their shields are up and stronger than before your attack). It drains about a single GSO battery worth of power when it fires and it takes about half as long to fire as a 3 pound. If you do not have power you cannot fire this weapon. If the enemy tech has no batteries this weapon will do nothing

I would really like to hear what you think about this idea, your feedback, and if you would like to see it in the game.

Also name suggestions would be nice too. The only idea I have is Zeus Wireless Overcharger.

Here's my previous idea (and there's more to come):

Anti-Missile Laser (Point Defense Laser)

Last edited:

RC-3197

Jan 5, 2018
Well it looks like I was a little late on my idea, even though I had been sitting on it for about a year someone recently posted about something very similar and I just found out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So congrats to Rafs for reading my mind and posting a very similar idea...

Read about their idea here
1559346169488.png
Just so you know I'm not kidding when I say I've been sitting on this for a year:
1559346711762.png
I would like to share the entire list but I know the developers don't like big idea lists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and Rafs

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
How do you know they don't like big idea lists?
If you do it in a good format I think any "text wall" becomes a pleasant reading :)
Zanzistar for example loved the Junkers thread, and it was many many replies long (because of character limits) hehe
Who had the idea first doesn't matters, what matters is joining our voices to say what our community expects from the game ;D
I'd love to see your list, don't be shy of sharing it all, unless you want to do some refining, what is normal (I usually take a week writing to release those big brainstorming threads).
Nice idea btw, we need different weapons that interact with different blocks of a tech.

Reactions: eddie and RC-3197

RC-3197

Jan 5, 2018
How do you know they don't like big idea lists?
If you do it in a good format I think any "text wall" becomes a pleasant reading :)
Zanzistar for example loved the Junkers thread, and it was many many replies long (because of character limits) hehe
Who had the idea first doesn't matters, what matters is joining our voices to say what our community expects from the game ;D
I'd love to see your list, don't be shy of sharing it all, unless you want to do some refining, what is normal (I usually take a week writing to release those big brainstorming threads).
Nice idea btw, we need different weapons that interact with different blocks of a tech.
Thanks for stopping by! I stumbled upon your post about 5 minutes after posting mine and I must say I was both impressed and shocked that someone else had the idea too. Great minds think alike! I just a tiny bit upset that this has happened to me twice in a row now, after posting my last post I saw another post with a similar idea. It's all cool though.

As for the thing about lists, I was just scrolling around the suggestions threads and I saw a comment from one of the developers in one of the idea list threads that said they didn't like big idea lists because they had so many different ideas all over the place. Which is not an issue if you go into detail but I don't want to risk it.

I think it's a good thing for me because my ideas in the notepad file are just short little blurbs to help me remember the idea, so when I go to do individual posts on them I can give a bit more detail and have detailed focused feedback on each idea.

Maybe they'll actually add it now that multiple people came up with the idea lol :D

Reactions: Rafs