Sudden Insane Low FPS

Spyrox

Website
www.DontKnowWhatThisIS.com
Alright, So i was just happening to be playing on the game where I had gotten that weird bug that gave me almost all the parts.
Link to thread: http://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/given-nearly-all-blocks.305/
And all of a sudden. Insanely low FPS. I've been using Fraps as a FPS Counter (not taking video, doesn't work).
I run the game at a usual 60fps, but sometime in the middle of the game i get a max of 10-20fps, for the rest of the game. The only way to fix this for a few minutes of game play, is by saving the game, exiting the game, and getting back on. I can now play for about 15min at 60fps again, before yet again, dropping down to 10-20fps.

I have a really good computer system:
Windows 8.1
AMD Radeon R7 12 Compute Cores 8G 3.70GHz
RAM: 8GB
64-bit

I believe the problem, may not be my computer, but the fact that the game doesn't get rid of unused items around the entire world quickly enough.
I most definitely do not want parts around my base to disappear to quickly, So changing the despawn on those parts should not change. But the parts that are further away from my base may need to have their time greatly reduced. I've come to my base to return parts, gone around the world on an adventure for 30min, come back, went the opposite way, found the exact same parts that i rather dropped or let them sit there.

So, do this 10 times, and guess what, you get over 200 parts just lying there doing absolutely nothing except lagging the game.

Spyrox

Website
[Edit]: Im going to try to do this in the new update to see if it still occurs, once i get around busy schoolwork.

Last edited:

Whensgen

Maybe in the future, a despawn radius slider in the options? One that will allow players to decrease-increase the distance you can get from a part before it vanishes? Or even a "Clear World" option to wipe out all sitting parts

Spyrox

Website
Maybe in the future, a despawn radius slider in the options? One that will allow players to decrease-increase the distance you can get from a part before it vanishes? Or even a "Clear World" option to wipe out all sitting parts
This is a good idea. I like it. The clear world button would most definitely be something to go on.

Dan Andre Syrtveit

+1 here. Also running beta 0.3.7.

Windows 7
AMD core 4 something 3.6 ghz =)
AMD Radeon 9870GHz
RAM: 16GB
SSD disk
64-bit

Started to lag after i got alot of resourses in my base(30-50) and perhaps 20 pieces on my vehicle. stops lagging when i get away from tha base. and then it suddernly starts again:S =)

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
A good suggestion that may help with the issues people are having here. Shall pass it on!