Strange bug causing extreme lag

JumboPotato

Aug 2, 2017
I have this strange lag on my save file where for some reason these lines that display what the filter blocks are filtering are uncontrollably "going nuts" jiggling, constantly moving instead of staying still causing extreme levels of frame drop and the game thinks im having a stroke when i dont touch the mouse as the block i have selected for example is also uncontrollably shaking making it extremly hard to build and causes extrem drops in frames.

but when i place the same tech/base on a different save file all seems fine...
is there a way to fix and save my save file because its the most successfull save i have.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Hey @JumboPotato , thanks for reporting this. There could be various reasons for this happening. As @QuackDuck suggests, uploading the output log and save file would be very useful here. The video attached will show you how to find the files :)

JumboPotato

Aug 2, 2017
sure, attached is hopefully the right save file and output log, i would also like to add that as of now there seems to be unexplainable massive shadow circles also jiggling about and i would deeply appreciate it if my save file would be saved because it is my most successfull game save :p

also, to add on the information, i am using the latest release version and i have went on an unstable version once to try it out.

thank you so much!
@Adriano @QuackDuck

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroGravitas

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Took a look at your save @JumboPotato , I think the issue is due to you being so far away from the origin point of (0,0). Which version of the game are you playing? This is fixed in Unstable, but not yet in Stable. If you want to switch to the Unstable it should fix it, but please remember to make a back up of your save game, in case you experience similar terrain issues to some other players.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Took a look at your save @JumboPotato , I think the issue is due to you being so far away from the origin point of (0,0). Which version of the game are you playing? This is fixed in Unstable, but not yet in Stable. If you want to switch to the Unstable it should fix it, but please remember to make a back up of your save game, in case you experience similar terrain issues to some other players.
Given the size of the savegame file could it be related to this thread?

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Don't think so @Zed , in this save there's over 100 hours of playtime, and a lot of the world has been explored (Jumbo's base is located at 182, 111961) so in this case it's probably just a lot of game time and exploring.

Reactions: Zed