Stop blocks from snapping to unrendered attach points

Twigjack

Jun 3, 2018
US, EST
If the little red dot isn't visible, don't snap there. I'm trying to build a wall right now and for some reason the shield bubble generators refuse to snap to the side closer to my tech 90% of the time.

Hydraesque

Jun 3, 2018
there are also too many times where I want to carefully insert a block way inside my tech, but I cant because it snaps to the closest point. Blocks should only snap to points that your mouse is directly on

Reactions: Epb7304

Mental__blocks

May 29, 2018
Blocks should only snap to points that your mouse is directly on
No. That could easily require excessive accuracy. Better to use the one closest to the pointer, but not change to another too easily (consider mouse movement as you click – this would use a smaller radius for snapping to a node and a larger radius for retaining that potential attachment).

Hydraesque

Jun 3, 2018
No. That could easily require excessive accuracy. Better to use the one closest to the pointer, but not change to another too easily (consider mouse movement as you click – this would use a smaller radius for snapping to a node and a larger radius for retaining that potential attachment).
oh, no, I dont mean exactly on the attachment point, I mean touching the block itself, so it doesnt just snap to a random block your mouse isnt even on

Twigjack

Jun 3, 2018
US, EST
there are also too many times where I want to carefully insert a block way inside my tech, but I cant because it snaps to the closest point.
I have the opposite problem, where I want to carefully insert a piece and it is convinced I want to put it AS FAR AWAY FROM ME AS POSSIBLE, LIKE MAYBE OUTSIDE SOMEWHERE. >.<

Hydraesque

Jun 3, 2018
I have the opposite problem, where I want to carefully insert a piece and it is convinced I want to put it AS FAR AWAY FROM ME AS POSSIBLE, LIKE MAYBE OUTSIDE SOMEWHERE. >.<
omg that also happens to me often too, like I want to place a weapon or whatever and it appears underneath my tech and im like huh