Steam Workshop Game Saves Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey everyone,

What does everyone think of the recently added Steam Workshop saves feature?

Are there any more tags you'd like to use?

Is there a compelling case to add Campaign saves? Would you even want to add Campaign saves or would it been seen as a bit of a cheat?

Let us know!

Epic afdc

I see this as simply another way to share stuff in the community. I personally don’t see myself using this that much. But I’m sure lots of other people love this feature.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
it's really low resolution
Yup. I guessed that you devs are well aware of this, but I reported it here the other day anyway.:rolleyes:

I think there's more arguments for potentially allowing uploaders to change the displayed thumbnail on the workshop (don't know if that's an option...?), if not in game. Because it's impossible to get a good, representative thumbnail some of the time, if you have an adventure map or something with a quiet start area. Or, I had to move away from the starting line of my Tron race to get a decent shot of the gates and other items there.

People seem to have been able to access and play my co-op save OK, btw. One even said they had fun with friends (whatever that is:p;)).

What does everyone think of the recently added Steam Workshop saves feature?
I guess there's not that much nuance to this feature - it either works or it doesn't fore the most part (and it seems to work, from what I've seen). But I think it'll be a good while before more than a handful of players use this (publicly), so I hope your window for feedback doesn't close too soon.

Cropper2019-05-14-02-12-50-1853930.jpg

s there a compelling case to add Campaign saves?
I'd say that there will be, once there is co-op campaign. e.g. for when a player who's been hosting wants to hand off the world file to one of the other players (e.g. when they stop wanting to play).

I definitely envisenge community members occasionally wanting to show off their campaign worlds in ComCore; @Matt's always on about how "you couldn't possibly build this in campaign, it's too expensive" and I know a bunch of players have experience otherwise, heh.:)

Although, if campaign sharing is possible, there will deffinitely be "all achievements" saves shared (hell, if no one else does one, I'd make one myself eventually).;)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK, here's a thought: favourites have no effect in the save loader menu.

I think it would be helpful to be able to get them to float to the top of the list of saves. All workshop saves are buried at the bottom of the list, currently [Edit - unless you've just played the save, I think].

Of course you can only favourite saves in the Steam workshop itself currently, so that might involve additional UI in the loader.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, and the "Go to Steam Workshop" button doesn't currently go direct to the page for the highlighted save file, as it does with snapshots in that loader, which is very handy. I'd guess this is to be added anyway? Very handy for looking up instructions or unsubscribing (assuming there'll be no direct way to do that in-game).

Status
Not open for further replies.