Stasis field concept because I like my fusion techs.

Nuke_Pulse

Bohemian engineer
Website
www.twitch.tv
Here's an idea: we have antigrav nade launcher in testing, how about stasis fields that can lock things in place (much like stasis rifle in Subnautica). Could be used for a weapon and could make the life of fusion engineers much easier. Also if that could be possible, how about a static stasis field generators and manipulator beams to move frozen objects around?

In my head, the generator blocks work as corners of the field and they are connected to other generators via beams. These beams set the border of the field. if you right-click the generator, two options pop up: "Field on/off" and "Connect generators". The latter allows you to click a generator nearby (direct line of sight is required) to form the borders. Once a 3D shape is formed, the stasis field emerges.

As for the manipulator beams, they can be a separate block or built into the generators themselves. Accessing the manipulators focuses the camera on the field or the tech that is being moved around. Accessing this "stasis affected tech manipulation mode" or "SATM mode" could be done through the block itself (third option for the generatos) or through an external control block attached to one of the techs with the generators (this could give some system of progression into this whole mess if used with the built-in version of the manipulators). The controls can be set in the SATM mode.

Here's a quick schetch of what I have in mind

freshair.png

If you are interested in any of this, please ask away. Also, please excuse the possible incorrect usage of tenses, they're not exactly my strong suit.

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Here's an idea: we have antigrav nade launcher in testing, how about stasis fields that can lock things in place (much like stasis rifle in Subnautica). Could be used for a weapon
This bit is a really cool idea, I like it. It would be hard to balance it so that it's not OP but it would definitely be possible with our current zone weapon tech (the tech behind the anti grav weapon).

The rest of the stuff not so viable, it sounds like you're suggesting basically a rework of the crafting system but you can then move techs and blocks around using beams. That's super cool but definitely very large in scope :D

Nuke_Pulse

Bohemian engineer
Website
www.twitch.tv
This bit is a really cool idea, I like it. It would be hard to balance it so that it's not OP but it would definitely be possible with our current zone weapon tech (the tech behind the anti grav weapon).

The rest of the stuff not so viable, it sounds like you're suggesting basically a rework of the crafting system but you can then move techs and blocks around using beams. That's super cool but definitely very large in scope :D
I understand that this idea is big. I don't see how it fits with crafting, though. As for the weapon balance, the stasis bubble could collapse once too many objects (projectiles or loose blocks for example) are present in the field.

Nuke_Pulse

Bohemian engineer
Website
www.twitch.tv
What about some Geocorp and GSO stasis platforms? they have a little pattern on the active face and anything touching it is locked on to it, and anything touching it, ect
Sounds a lot like the magnetic landing gear from Space Engineers. I wouldn't mind that at all.