Speedy Crafting Challenge Redemption Round

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
The last time I ran this one a recent update had messed with a bunch of the techs causing them not to work.
What I would like to do is to run it again without any issues like the last.
I was going to stick to the original rules, but I may add one or two of my own.

I think next friday will be a good closing date for this. So May 12, 2017 will be the last day to enter. I will collect them that night and then run the challenge and post the results here as soon as possible.

Rules:

- Base must be able to make a Venture Springer Wheel.
- All resources required in the recipe will be supplied by the same tech that I used in the first run I did of this. It is posted below for you to test with.
- Players must specify clearly where the resources need to be picked up from (we recommend only having a single receiver on your Tech).
- Crafting times will be taken from as soon as the silo has been pulled. They will be stopped once the crafted block hits the floor.
- I will be timing them down to the frame for accuracy!
- You can re-enter your previous tech or build something completely new.
- No blocks will be added to make anything work and nothing will be altered from the way you send it in.
- incase of a tie during the crafting portion of the challenge the visual awesomeness of the tech will be the deciding factor, so be creative.

How to enter:
All entries must be posted here in either R&D or Creative mode save game or snapshot form. (I don't want to miss any this time.:)

Resource tech for testing:
2 selective harvest.png

Here's hoping for a fun, fair challenge! Good luck to all who enter.

The Winner will get bragging rights and will be remembered as one crafty builder!

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Masakari

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
I'm in!
Here is my reworked tech.
Only one way to load in resources.
With my design preset of component factories is not needed.

6thSpeedyCraftV2

6thSpeedyCraftV2.png

I still think, that comparing preset bases to those not preset is comparing apples with pears, but it is your challenge, so it is your choice how to do it.
Mine should work eitherways and produces times below 30 seconds.

May the Zestiness be with you!

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
If we get enough entries on this - i'll run it on a stream :) good luck!
I figured the way this was abandoned that you had lost interest since you had moved onto the last destruction challenge and had mention that awesome bunny building challenge. I have a bunny build actually, but I wouldn't call it cute ;).

Either way we can both play with the entries and see what surprises are in store :).

@Chrii_the_Vieh I like how you are taking advantage of the rules vagueness by entering more than one tech.:cool:
27 seconds you say? Does it burst into flames while it crafts at that speed ;).

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
I figured the way this was abandoned that you had lost interest since you had moved on
Not lost interest - just didn't want to commit too much time into filling out the rules. If that part gets done for me then i'm happy to showcase any competition that gathers interest on these forums :)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Not lost interest - just didn't want to commit too much time into filling out the rules. If that part gets done for me then i'm happy to showcase any competition that gathers interest on these forums :)
Don't let the rules spoil the challenges. Just make the rules and follow what you decided on and if someone doesn't like something about them they don't have to participate. I know it sounds kind of mean, but rule changes or just ignored rules have been a problem for me a number of times not the rules themselves.

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Jamie

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
@Chrii_the_Vieh I like how you are taking advantage of the rules vagueness by entering more than one tech.:cool:
27 seconds you say? Does it burst into flames while it crafts at that speed ;).
Unfortunately, it doesn't, but wouldn't that be awesome? A base, which sparkles and flames when it crafts ultra-fast ?!? Nice idea...
I'd love to see some more interest in this challenge, but I guess most of the active players did finish this with the past official challenge. I wonder if someone can beat my base?

Reactions: reaperx1

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I'd love to see some more interest in this challenge,
It's not over until Friday so I am hoping that everyone is just waiting until the last minute to post their techs.

Ultra-fast crafting flames would be pretty cool, unless it meant that your system was about to explode from overheating :).

Have a good one [8D)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Well I guess everyone has had enough of speedy crafting.
It looks like it is down to @Chrii_the_Vieh and @Pink Kitty as I was going to add the tech I missed the first time if Pink didn't build a new one for this challenge.

Well it comes down to just two and if they can beat the 30 second mark we will know who the fastest crafter is and they will get the grand prize. Which is braggin' rights ;).

The challenge is now closed and any submissions after this point most likely won't make it into the challenge.
Thanks!
I thought there would have been more entries so I didn't even enter, now I wish I had of.

Have a good one [8D)

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Very nice approach to the challenge!
Thanks so much for doing this.
... and hey, it looks like my design did do it... Winner!

I like my non-preset design still the best, as it is the most reliable and one of the quickest I've seen so far.

I thought, that I ironed out the issue with the components beeing droped.
Maybe I uploaded the wrong gamesave... oooops... :p
My preset was doing runs about 27 seconds, so I have to screen for the right gamesave now, if I can be bothered to do so...

Thank you reaper and may the zestiness be with you!

Reactions: reaperx1

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Good job on the crafter @Chrii_the_Vieh ! Congratz on the win, and the braggin' rights :).
I think some of the time issues may have been due to R&D issues with this update. The little pauses and such.

No problem, I was glad to do it. Thanks for the interest!

Have a good one [8D)

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh