• It Depends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

diamondnife

Jun 10, 2017
The Technocratic AI Colony.
There could be a special block fabricator or scrapper so you can craft the special blocks once you get the fabricator, and a scrapper for the opposite reason. This could make it so special blocks could be used more in campaign mode to add a little bit of spice to the techs you see.

P

Pink Kitty

You used to be able to just buy them.

The devs have said you will again.

They have to fix some stuff first though.

But EXP are coming back to the main game. You just might have to wait a while.

GSO_One_Block

Jun 14, 2017
GSO Building Corp, Earth
EXP is my new favorite corporation (aside from GSO) and I think that it could be an extension to GSO because there is so many different corporations now, I love how much variety the corporation has.

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
EXP is my new favorite corporation (aside from GSO) and I think that it could be an extension to GSO because there is so many different corporations now, I love how much variety the corporation has.
Sorry to say that, but EXP is not a corporation.
EXP stands for experimental and is therefore just a collection vial for all blocks, which are not assigned to any other corporation yet.
EXP-blocks are considered to be in "test-mode" and some of the EXP-blocks won't even make it to one of the corporations (and therefore they won't be accessible in main game).

Please find an overview of existing and planned corporations here: http://terratech.gamepedia.com/Corporations

Just to give an example: The fireworks-launcher (which I love at the few times when it works) is in EXP since I started playing the game some years ago. It was discussed at length how and where to implement it, but it has not been assigned to any corporation yet.
Those new blocks (mostly wheels) which everybody seems to love a lot, will be assigned to corporations pretty soon I guess. The big question remains... Who is going to get which wheel? (see pink kitty's link for some ferocious discussion about it)

Back to the topic:
As EXP is no corporation and those blocks will be in main-game sooner or later in an existing corporation, or will be removed from the game, I don't want the devs to go through the trouble to create those kind of blocks you suggest.
I enjoy waiting for the blocks to be assigned to a corporation and looking forward to get them in their true style in main-game.
Even if I have to admit, that the process could be faster for some of the blocks... ;) just kidding!

P

Pink Kitty

It has a lot of variety, because it's not a corp.
It's just a label, and colour scheme to identify it.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Back to the topic:
As EXP is no corporation and those blocks will be in main-game sooner or later in an existing corporation, or will be removed from the game, I don't want the devs to go through the trouble to create those kind of blocks you suggest.
I enjoy waiting for the blocks to be assigned to a corporation and looking forward to get them in their true style in main-game.
Even if I have to admit, that the process could be faster for some of the blocks... ;) just kidding!
I agree with this statement; especially the portion pertaining to the rapidity with which blocks are promoted to campaign gameplay mode since it is my understanding aside from the Venture Missile Launcher the preponderance of blocks incorporated into the campaign have been of Hawkeye Design.

TLDR:
3 new springer wheels: Venture.
F1 wheels: Venture.
Monster truck Wheels: Venture.
Titan Wheels: GeoCorp.
Giant Tracks: GeoCorp.

As far as we know.
Seeing as while the springer wheels seem to fit well with the theme of venture's pursuit of mobility it would stand to reason that they eventually become venture blocks unless a case can be made that one of the three variants is somehow better suited to Hawkeye / GSO

The f1 wheels are undoubtedly venture as no other corporation would sponsor such a wheel given the terrain within Terratech.

The monster truck wheels, in my opinion, would be better suited to the primary corporation otherwise known as GSO. Reasoning being is that GeoCorp Tends to borrow many concepts from GSO and the Titan Wheels should be no exception. Both of these are very high-end wheels and should probably be available within the highest grade; with the Monster Truck wheels being GSO grade 5, and the Titan wheels being Geocorp Grade 3, perhaps even Grade 4.

The Geo Treads which have been in EXP a couple months now seem to accelerate quickly and then "slow down" to a certain speed. As if their coefficient of friction is being negated by an apparent lack of mass.... Hopefully this issue will be addressed in the near future and permit these treads to be released to campaign forthwith.

All that said, I have high hopes that all of these directly mentioned blocks will be released before 0.8.0.

diamondnife

Jun 10, 2017
The Technocratic AI Colony.
Personally, I think the Titan Wheels should have more suspension. In R&D, I went over the bumps behind the manufacturing blocks, and the Titan Wheels went everywhere. Monster trucks have some of the highest suspension. Maybe that could happen in the future.