Space Junkers Corporation

Lobstrex

Nov 30, 2017
UK
Hey guys, recently discovered this game, and though I'd put forward some ideas for the planned Space Junkers corporation.

If you're unaware, Space Junkers is a planned corporation that is based around 'hand made patch works of old salvaged wrecks'. I mainly drew inspiration from the Mad Max series, and this photo that I found on the wiki;

I've created some blocks for SJ, and I'll slowly be adding to the list. So far, I've created;
Standard blocks:
1x1
1x1 Slope
1x2
1x2 > 1x1
2x1 Panel

Wheel blocks:
Small light
Small medium

Weapon blocks:
Medium thrower

You can view a 3D model of the above blocks at the following link;
https://skfb.ly/6uQLE

I threw together a couple of vehicles with these parts so you can get an idea of what a tech might look like, too;
https://skfb.ly/6uQLH

I'm open for any ideas or critique, and I hope to add to this post fairly often.

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Amazing artwork!
It looks like the blocks provided above look like frames rather than blocks(GEO Corp anchor/girder style with less bulkiness), so that probably is a lightweight version of the normal concept art blocks( that look like rusted metal blocks).

It also looks like the fuel tank launcher shown looks quite powerful (and maybe functions in the way the current EXP Bomb Bay works, but at an angle with much more throwing power).

The Grade 1 SJ cabs look and function like the GSO Cabs, but with no weapons. (Molotovs thrown out of the window for the cab attack, anyone?)

(It looks like the Tech shown on the left in your 3D model picture is built in a way that Terra Tech's building system is not compatible with.)

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Hey guys, recently discovered this game, and though I'd put forward some ideas for the planned Space Junkers corporation.

If you're unaware, Space Junkers is a planned corporation that is based around 'hand made patch works of old salvaged wrecks'. I mainly drew inspiration from the Mad Max series, and this photo that I found on the wiki;

I've created some blocks for SJ, and I'll slowly be adding to the list. So far, I've created;
Standard blocks:
1x1
1x1 Slope
1x2
1x2 > 1x1
2x1 Panel

Wheel blocks:
Small light
Small medium

Weapon blocks:
Medium thrower

You can view a 3D model of the above blocks at the following link;
https://skfb.ly/6uQLE

I threw together a couple of vehicles with these parts so you can get an idea of what a tech might look like, too;
https://skfb.ly/6uQLH

I'm open for any ideas or critique, and I hope to add to this post fairly often.
Crossout, anyone?

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
(It looks like the Tech shown on the left in your 3D model picture is built in a way that Terra Tech's building system is not compatible with.)
Yea that's the 2x1 > 1x1 adapter block I'm guessing which like you say won't work like that.

Crossout, anyone?
Yea I was getting that feeling too seeing all the scaffolding/frame/tube-work like look to it.

Blaze Elvira

Jun 8, 2018
your idea is pretty cool, I see thatthis was posted in 2017 (atleast as I can see) have you made anny progress on the space junkers? if not I have a few ideas :3

Sokolov

Jun 30, 2018
I would like to propose an idea for the weapons of this corp.
As they are made from salvaged parts, they behaviour can be ... unusual.
For example, each shot can have 10% chance to be an overcharged one - dealing 2x the damage.
After each shot there is 10% chance of jamming - the weapon will be inactive for some time(2-3s)
All chances are just a rough estimaton, subject to change!

Captain Load

Mar 8, 2016
Space Junkers will probably never happen, just like all the other things they've talked about for years.

Sokolov

Jun 30, 2018
In my opinion, they will happen. But TT team has got some more important things to fix and add.
Also another idea: The Fabricators of this faction have the possibility to recover resources if you stop the block from being created. And the scrappers do not lose any resources. Or an another possibility: If crafting is interrupted, it makes a block involving most of resources already

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Apr 9, 2018
1x2 -> 1x1 adapter block would never happen, that would break the grid-based tech building.
4x2 -> 2x2 adapter would be doable though as that does not involve half block offsets.

InvisibleIce

Dec 29, 2018
this is is way old but, I may be able to add these to the game! I have good 3d modeling and scripting skill.