Sound Waves Cannon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FoxVulpe, Aug 4, 2018.

1. FoxVulpe

FoxVulpe Well-Known Member

(Im back and i bought TT ! , as i prommised i didnt played TT until i buy it , loots of stuff changed ) are those people that i know still here?
    Anyway to the tread

So a Cannon that shots some kind a vribations or waves that can...stop the tech from funcioning correctly for some seconds..?

150° degree of angle and 10-20 metters of range
    Meybe..Geocorp should have it? Becouse its not really a weapon

I shall think more

Galrex, Lord Zarnox and Potato like this.
  2. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

@FoxVulpe congratulations on buying the game - it's the right thing to do for these devs. :)

A stunner cannon would be OP at this point in time due to the fact that you can spam missiles - no need to stun an enemy if your missiles can track them.

This would be great against fast Techs, but then again, you don't need to be scared of them if what you're driving is decked out with guns and armor.

But this would be good. Though IMO it fits better in Reticule Research or Better Future.

Galrex, FoxVulpe and Lord Zarnox like this.
  3. Lyons

Lyons Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a good idea. It's creative but Imagine what people could do if they had enough of them. They could just have one cannon on there and then keep stunning the tech. We already have the aa gun which makes planes go crazy and flip upside down and stuff so this wouldn't be a good aa either

4. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

In this case :
    -stun for 5sec
    -then immune to stun for 30 sec ?

It should avoid spamming.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  5. FoxVulpe

FoxVulpe Well-Known Member

Yes yes quite like this
    Or reloads slow

Lord Zarnox and Seth_Seth like this.
  6. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Maybe if it just caused weapons to be unable to change their angle for the duration of the effect (as in, weapons keep their angle from when they were stunned, not go back to default aim direction). They can still move and shoot, but they can't aim anymore.

Epb7304 likes this.
  7. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

I would think that thematically that a sonic weapon wouldn't be used to stun machines. People sure, but I remain unconvinced that our techs actually contain people, I think they are piloted remotely. However to stun machines an electrical/EMP weapon would be a better fit than sonics.

However a sonic cannon could be used for something else, and especially as the OP suggests GC. Sonic tool IRL are used for abrading. So how about a short range (about double the various plasma beam weapons) sonic cannon with a large spread (think shotgun but wider) that is fast at breaking rocks (without needing to be specifically aimed at them it's a wide cone) and that when used on techs it inhibits the regen effect and does damage.

Lord Zarnox and harpo99999 like this.
  8. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

I think they are peoples in it , cabs have a little window so if it was piloted remotely it will be useless IMO.

9. Lost Ninja

So do the AI cabs... :/

10. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

They are also 1 cubic meter in volume, approximately. You wouldn't be able to sit in there.

11. Lost Ninja

I always thought (from something I heard on a stream I watched back in around 0.5) that the basic GSO cab was 2.5m high. Making a single block 2.5m³.

What also makes me think that the cabs are remote is the fact that you can have several on a single tech and if one dies how do you know it wasn't the one the player character was riding in?. If all die you reappear moments later in a new one.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  12. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

later info in the forum has defined the basic 1x1x1 block as 1 meter, so no there is NO entities inside the cabs

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  13. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Ok ^^

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  14. Epb7304

Epb7304 Well-Known Member

How did this post devolve into an agument about cabs? xD

15. Lost Ninja

Because I said that a sonic weapon might be usable to stun people but there are no people in the cabs. Then we were trying to work out what size they were. Don't think it was an argument though.

16. Lost Ninja

Venture have a model for a sonic cannon... :D

It's unfinished but just the fact that there is a name there means that the devs are at least thinking about it. :D

FoxVulpe and Lord Zarnox like this.