• I agree with most of them

• I agree with some of them

• I only agree with a few

• I dont agree with any of the suggestions

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 16, 2020
Denmark & Germany
n-x.xyz
In advance, this game is really really awesome and i dont belive i ever played a single game so much initially.
The points here might have been mentioned by others before and there might be mentions or statements about my feedback that have already been adressed by Developers. I dont have the time to read the entire forum to prevent that.

If anyone has a specific concern or argument about the suggested features/feedback, i'd welcome a discussion :)

I might post additional points and suggestions later over time in this thread and add them to the list below if possible and with a different color.

Thanks for taking your time to read my thread.

PS: To any dev reading, thanks for making Terra Tech in the first place. Its one of the best games i've ever played.

(You can find my suggestions in the posts below, sadly i reached 5k+ characters)

References

Part 1
Part 2

Terra Tech Plus
Additionally to this thread i started a project related to community suggestions.
Its not a project about my personal suggestions but all the available feedback and suggestions from the community not officially implemented. If you are curios about getting changes made to the game or you have ideas that you would like to see in Terra Tech, join us and find out how we can realize it together.

(Click here for the forum thread)

1605882386681.png

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020
Denmark & Germany
n-x.xyz
Map System
  • A minimap is not enough, there should be a full fletched map system.
  • A generaly good example is the map of 7 Days 2 Die, i know sounds wierd but they actually have a fairly simple and easy to understand system.

Altimeter
  • Should have 2 seperate displays to display the height difference to the water level and a second display for the actual distance currently below the lowest block of the craft.
    (I belive in its current state its completely useless.)

Camera
  • Its utterly ridiculous to limit the angle of the camera in a creative game about block building.
  • Remove Zoom and Tilt restrictions
  • Add a free camera mode withing certain boundaries of the craft
  • Allow us to disable the red connection grid nodes that get displayed in building mode, these heavly reduce performance on huge crafts.

Building Controls
  • Add a Keyboard based system like from the depths to allow quick adding of blocks in the same directions.
  • Add "fill" options for horizontal or vertical areas free of blocks, from the depths gives a good example on how thats realized efficiently.
  • Add more hotkeys in general. There should be the ability to set hotkeys to rotate blocks in only one XYZ direction instead of having to shift through all that are possible. Example let us bind numpad 2 to always roate the current block towards south Y direction, numpad 8 to always rotate north in Y direction. This would allow for quicker adjustments of blocks.
  • Give us a hotkey to copy the current block orientation of the with the mouse highlighted block towards the currently selected block / the block that you want to build next.
  • There need to be hotkeys to undo and redo every action, always.

Conveyers
  • Allow us to disable the auto alignment of conveyers within the options.
  • Allow us to disable the hold right click to change conveyer direction and make it a part of a context menu like for recalling structures and vehicles.

Aim / Damage System
  • The mod to remove splash damage of rockets to blocks behind the block that has been hit should be the default for the game.
  • The mod to allow enemies and your own crafts to have target leading regarding bullet speed's and velocity/travel times should be the default.
  • Certain blocks should have resistances towards certain types of damage in addition to different health values.
  • There should be different attributes to different damage types, kinectic/energy/explosion/plasma. These things should provide certain additional benefits as example shield penetration for kinetic weapons.
  • There should be flares that can be fired as deterrent against rockets, this is a good way to combat the abuse of rockets as ultimate weapon against any craft over ridicolous ranges and would also allow the removal of the maximum efficiency range on rockets.
  • There should be more defensive strategies in general. A System to detect and destroy rockets coming towards it as example (the real life example of a weapon system like that would be the Phalanx.)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020
Denmark & Germany
n-x.xyz
Experience / Quests and Leveling
  • There should be significantly more quests available at any moment to choose from, not only different ones but literally giving the ability to use quests to farm is a fun way to keep people engaged on the long term.
  • Consider a general leveling system with perks and skills to unlock for a campaign playthrough to make late game exp relevant again. A Diablo 3 like system wouldn't be advised from my perspective but a system to unlock certain abilities or improvements in a few different skill tress would add to the replayability and depth of the game.
Missing Blocks & Block Behavior
  • There should be a conveyer system for crafted blocks. This would add a additional level of complexity towards automation and remove the wierdly implemented physics based crafting to a certain degree wich would be nice in general to be more efficient on every end including performance.
  • The fact that structures get disabled when they are out of the current range, is counter intuitive for alot of people- but is essential to game balance for muiltiple reasons. A minecraft like chunk system to keep areas loaded when out of bounds might be a reasonable thing at some point, however i belive its propably not worth the effort in the end. (This is more of a opinion than really a suggestion.)
Balance and Difficulty
  • There should be a system with different sliders towards easy and hard regarding:
    1. Invasions. Their diffuclity, size and frequenzy.
    2. % Sliders for improvements to block health/durability of enemies.
    3. % Sliders for extra damage to certain damage types from enemies.
    4. Sliders to determine diffuclity, size and frequenzy and spawn distance of enemies in general.
  • A system would be nice where a snapshot of every user build vehicle with statistic is saved regarding cost/size/blocks used/efficiency/... to make a huge and only growing library of user created vehicles for singleplayer campaings as random enemies and not only as invaders over the twitter system.
    (Not actually sure if it isnt like that already.)

Reference
Auto Miners
  • Increase the range/size of either the ressource nodes so its easier to get 4~ miners on a node or increase the trigger range for auto miners for the same result. Its really annoying having to replace them 10+ times to have 4 of them on a ressource node. If you are concerned about the amount of auto miners that can be placed on a single node for balance, just limit them in count per node.

Last edited:

missleMaster1793

AKA Terro
Aug 21, 2017
The stars and beond.
Balance and Difficulty
  • There should be a system with different sliders towards easy and hard regarding:
    1. Invasions. Their diffuclity, size and frequenzy.
    2. % Sliders for improvements to block health/durability of enemies.
    3. % Sliders for extra damage to certain damage types from enemies.
    4. Sliders to determine diffuclity, size and frequenzy and spawn distance of enemies in general
I think this is a great idea, but a system like the one I just posted (click link in Signature) would allow players to have their own specific difficulty, where they can be comfortable. Especially (Even though they don't really have representatives here XD) the lil kids who aren't as skilled as some older players.

• A system would be nice where a snapshot of every user build vehicle with statistic is saved regarding cost/size/blocks used/efficiency/... to make a huge and only growing library of user created vehicles for singleplayer campaings as random enemies and not only as invaders over the twitter system.
I think it is like that, but the thing is that without a diverse fleet (VERY DIVERSE) You don't get to see that whole spawn set. you need like 10 p u r e techs of each corp (Different sizes) to get even like maybe 25% of the spawn set... it's insane. That's one reason I left; the tech I made could counter EVERY vehicle in that spawn set, but every time I made a new vehicle, I had quite a hard time making it better.

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Aug 15, 2018
Somewhere in Seattle Washington.
A system would be nice where a snapshot of every user build vehicle with statistic is saved regarding cost/size/blocks used/efficiency/... to make a huge and only growing library of user created vehicles for singleplayer campaings as random enemies and not only as invaders over the twitter system.
It's already set up that way. you do end up with a large number of files labled "Autosnapshot(timestamp).png in your save folder.

Nov 16, 2020
Denmark & Germany
n-x.xyz
It's already set up that way. you do end up with a large number of files labled "Autosnapshot(timestamp).png in your save folder.
Yeah that was my assumption but i wasnt quite sure, appreciate it. Maybe a few small tweaks to the systems randomsness would already improve it immensely.

I think this is a great idea, but a system like the one I just posted (click link in Signature) would allow players to have their own specific difficulty, where they can be comfortable. Especially (Even though they don't really have representatives here XD) the lil kids who aren't as skilled as some older players.
I saw your thread, i found it really funny that we proposed the same concept within the same 24 hours independent of each other.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Nov 16, 2020
Denmark & Germany
n-x.xyz
Added:

Auto Miners
  • Increase the range/size of either the ressource nodes so its easier to get 4~ miners on a node or increase the trigger range for auto miners for the same result. Its really annoying having to replace them 10+ times to have 4 of them on a ressource node. If you are concerned about the amount of auto miners that can be placed on a single node for balance, just limit them in count per node.

Reactions: Skihiley

missleMaster1793

AKA Terro
Aug 21, 2017
The stars and beond.
Yeah that was my assumption but i wasnt quite sure, appreciate it. Maybe a few small tweaks to the systems randomsness would already improve it immensely.

I saw your thread, i found it really funny that we proposed the same concept within the same 24 hours independent of each other.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)
I thought you were inspired by me, still funny tho XD

Added:

Auto Miners
Yeah. But maybe that's part of the balance; spend 3 years placing the d*** thing to get increased resources, or just don't do it XD

Nov 16, 2020
Denmark & Germany
n-x.xyz
Yeah. But maybe that's part of the balance; spend 3 years placing the d*** thing to get increased resources, or just don't do it XD
If its balance concerns there are ways to limit it without making it annoying, that was my point

(I also dont belive that auto miners are any good in the long run, they are more early/midgame things to get you a little money)

Nov 16, 2020
Denmark & Germany
n-x.xyz
I started a project related to community suggestions.
Its not a project about my personal suggestions but all the available feedback and suggestions from the community not officially implemented.

If you are curios about getting changes made to the game or you have ideas that you would like to see in Terra Tech, join us and find out how we can realize it together.

1606132819406.png
(Click here for the forum thread)

missleMaster1793

AKA Terro
Aug 21, 2017
The stars and beond.
If its balance concerns there are ways to limit it without making it annoying, that was my point

(I also dont belive that auto miners are any good in the long run, they are more early/midgame things to get you a little money)
But b o o g e r m o n e y

(Like, For sure,) He was asking about player's techs (,Dude).
B r u h, rlly? I thought he was talking about the spawnable enemies... I've always been annoyed with them. But then what's his complaint about the player techs?

Reactions: Skihiley

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
I feel like an overhaul of building should involve an overhaul of APs as well. I'm pretty sure that still uses O(n^2) or something in there going off after every block placement. point being - it's bad. Might want to stop the visual display, and show feedback as to what's not allowed another way (or just optimize what's visible)