Some pages are broken

Discussion in 'Open' started by Seth_Seth, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

a few of the pages on this forum have issues and produce something like this when trying to access the page on Edge
    upload_2018-7-27_11-38-6.png
    now normally the pages can still be gotten to (with some "reloading the page a lot") but the 2nd page of my tech page can't be accessed on Edge at all (I had to install chrome just to see the page)

is there some way to fix this?

JimmyBlether and Lord Zarnox like this.
  2. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Use FireFox
    Sorry that was unhelpful. I hope you get a solution like FireFox
    ;)

3. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero 4D Cube

No, Firefox be worse than Chrome. Or it's the computer that has Firefox in the house...
    I've never heard of Edge before, and I've only really seen these on Safari, so I'll go check now if your page a random page someone can point me to which supposedly isn't working is/is not working on Safari. Works fine on Chrome. I assume you're using windows with Edge, so you could try and get the old Internet Explorer, see if that works.
    So far our only solution is to avoid the problem by switching to another browser...
    Forum people. What's the problem here?

Lord Zarnox and Seth_Seth like this.
  4. Seth_Seth

Edge is the browser Windows 10 comes with.

JimmyBlether and Lord Zarnox like this.
  5. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Free DLC also included.*

* Free DLC not optional.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  6. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

and another possible browser in the 'free' browser list is ye olde opera,

then there are the forks of other browsers like pale moon, epic and a few others

7. Seth_Seth

it's better than IE

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  8. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Hum tbh i only use chrome since some years , i've Edge before the public release of W10 (i was in the beta test) but i don't realy like it so i stick to Chrome, so yeah mu solution is Chrome.

If you have this issue only with edge , you may need to report this "bug" to microsoft ?

9. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero 4D Cube

It's not only on Microsoft. I have the glitch/thing on Safari, and maybe on Chrome.

Seth_Seth and Lord Zarnox like this.
  10. Lord Zarnox

Fun fact: That is commonly incorrectly pronounced as /jiː əʊldi/, however, it should be pronounced as /ðeː əʊld/.
    The more you know.

P.S. I also found the Wiktionary page for "yeet" while searching for the IPA pronunciation for the words.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  11. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero 4D Cube

#OffTopic
    Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 12.30.00 PM.png
    Got one!

Lord Zarnox and Seth_Seth like this.
  12. ARES IV

ARES IV Member

Appearantly most users consider Edge so poor that Microsoft now displays adds on Win 10 for it if you use a different browser.

I would not be sure of that. And even if.... being better than IE is hardly a great feat.

Use Firefox if you care about your privacy and a free and open web.
    Use Chrome if you dont care about your privacy and a free open web.
    Use Internet Explorer only if you have no other choice.
    Use Edge if you enjoy Win 10 spying on you even more. Even Google Chrome offers better privacy and remains a superior overall browser.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  13. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

in my opinion 'edge' is the second worst 'real' web browser (excluding the scamware/fraudware browsers that are very hard to find for the stated reasons) with the OTHER Macros*** browser being the worst, and is only rated higher because it is a bit faster loading up and microscopically faster displaying pages, but often breaks on many web pages/sites

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  14. Lord Zarnox

Edge doesn't even work on my computer. That is, when I could still use mu computer. Within a week of updating to Windows 10, the start menu and Edge both failed to work ever again.vi cant even open up the system settings without it always opening in the background, and disabling ALT+TAB, making it a nightmare to even reach it. Same goes for any other window that uses that same boxy style.

Also, as I'm typing this on my Windows Phone, the predictive text system lists XP, Phone, Vista, and NT if I type "Windows".
    Bing (which is owned by Microsoft) will taunt you if you search "Google" on it.
    Do you know what a "data broker" is? They make money from selling personal information (even potentially private information), and it is completely legal. Yes, that's right, people could be making money off of you reading this right now.

15. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

If you worry about people spying on you using the internet is not a good thing to do, pretty much every site you visit will retain some information about you. And even if they never sell it (or give it away) it's still there and someone might steal it (or seize it).

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  16. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero 4D Cube

Hey @Seth_Seth, was there any specific way you entered said "glitched" pages?
    Cause the one I got there was from going to "NotExactlyHero's Content," then clicking on the link to a thread. Wonder if it's specific circumstances, and/or the browser you're on.

17. Lord Zarnox

On my Windows Phone, sometimes it thinks the links are to download files... It is very annoying, since it means I can't actually follow the links.

18. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Not experienced any of these on either Chrome or FF (don't use it a lot though), only issue I get are regular cloudflare shit.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  19. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero 4D Cube

Error 404, Error 505, I probably get an error when I try to post this....

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  20. Seth_Seth

nope

Lord Zarnox likes this.