Some minior suggestions for begging of game

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
In many games landing is soft touchdown. BUT in TT it's like this:

You are dive bombing Into unknown world cuz of money. Crap darn bomb exploded (a.k.a. "lander") But FUCK IT! You bail and cab smash (cuz there aren't any hulks around) Into ground. What do you do next? Regroup? Reconfigure? NO! YOU FRICIN' TAKE UR GUN AND REKT NEARBY CAB CUZ U CAN! THEN you go searching for ur stuff.

Now to the suggestions: make an slower approach. Player get's all informations in face. Take er easy. Like: Oh crap your gear is scattered around the place! Let's see what can we do... Put your tech together and check systems. All right let's go! Oh look! There is your solar gen! blah blah blah.... there are your crafting components.... Press like h to open crafting journal. You can drag recourse in ref to refine it and then into fab to make stuff... Hey! you are being attacked! Go scare of that bastard! esc.

As I said make slower approach and you need to make player get 3 thing: What is HE doing; HOW to do that he is doing; and WHAT are THEY doing (enemies).

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
As I said make slower approach and you need to make player get 3 thing: What is HE doing; HOW to do that he is doing; and WHAT are THEY doing (enemies).
1. Even now people are complaining about the tutorial being too slow. Than slower it gets than more people will complain.
2. Currently "THEY" are doing nothing: http://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/critters-what-are-they-doing.1370/
3. A solution might be to separate the tutorial and the main game. i.e. make a button "tutorial" that baby steps you through all the game mechanics.
4. I personally like the current approach - start with nothing, end up with everything.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
In many games landing is soft touchdown. BUT in TT it's like this:

You are dive bombing Into unknown world cuz of money. Crap darn bomb exploded (a.k.a. "lander") But FUCK IT! You bail and cab smash (cuz there aren't any hulks around) Into ground. What do you do next? Regroup? Reconfigure? NO! YOU FRICIN' TAKE UR GUN AND REKT NEARBY CAB CUZ U CAN! THEN you go searching for ur stuff.

Now to the suggestions: make an slower approach. Player get's all informations in face. Take er easy. Like: Oh crap your gear is scattered around the place! Let's see what can we do... Put your tech together and check systems. All right let's go! Oh look! There is your solar gen! blah blah blah.... there are your crafting components.... Press like h to open crafting journal. You can drag recourse in ref to refine it and then into fab to make stuff... Hey! you are being attacked! Go scare of that bastard! esc.

I laughed so hard!
I love this :p

Clearly your cab-pilot is a bad-ass :)

I like the idea of a slower approach.
And i suspect that this is probably what will happen.
The more they put into the game, the slower the build up will have to be, to avoid overwhelming the new girls.
With a bit of hand holding for crafting, a crafting journal, mapping and other stuff.

I also suspect that most of the complaints about the tutorial are from people who've been through it a ton of times, and are impatient.

I'm confident all this will come, but the boys are still fixing bugs and playing with lights, so it will have to wait a while.

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
1. Even now people are complaining about the tutorial being too slow. Than slower it gets than more people will complain.
2. Currently "THEY" are doing nothing: http://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/critters-what-are-they-doing.1370/
3. A solution might be to separate the tutorial and the main game. i.e. make a button "tutorial" that baby steps you through all the game mechanics.
4. I personally like the current approach - start with nothing, end up with everything.
Well... just add question: do you know how to play TT? (If answer is yes) Ok good. Go And find your base! There might not be reason to add a WHOLE tutorial about everything. look ↓ and there I'm saying that there could be a "simulator" for new players in witch they don't lose any parts. And It would be there to teach dem 3 thing from above ↑

Last edited:
Reactions: Coder

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
I laughed so hard!
I love this :p

Clearly your cab-pilot is a bad-ass :)

I like the idea of a slower approach.
And i suspect that this is probably what will happen.
The more they put into the game, the slower the build up will have to be, to avoid overwhelming the new girls.
With a bit of hand holding for crafting, a crafting journal, mapping and other stuff.

I also suspect that most of the complaints about the tutorial are from people who've been through it a ton of times, and are impatient.

I'm confident all this will come, but the boys are still fixing bugs and playing with lights, so it will have to wait a while.
Well.. I meant that we don't get enemies attcking us straight on launch. Maybe some kind of simulation for tutorial where you get electric dumy that won't hurt u and where u can learn 3 thing from above↑

Reactions: Coder