Some essential suggestions (radar, manage tech option etc.)

qwertynosik

Jun 11, 2017
Hello! I just finished my campaign. I maxed all fractions, completed all uncommon "story" missions and earn more than 3 000 000 of BB. And I faced some problems and i found some things that seems to be just essential to the game.

1. I can't understand ho can I change navigation point in the radar? I mean that radar shows only the nearest friendly tech. I don't know is it a bug or a feature, but radar displays only nearest station. In my playthrough I created 5 or 6 bases which mine minerals, refine it and sell with delivery cannons. The distance between bases was around 300-1000 meters. I know, that bases work when the distance between player and a base is less than 500 meters, but I wanted that all bases were spread around the map, not concentrated near one point. And after creating 5 bases I realized that I just lost bases, because the radar shows only the nearest one and I don't know where are another bases. It seems absolutely stupid, because the radar shows the base which just in front of me and there are no points for other bases.

I am not sure if it is OK, but maybe you can tell me why it works so strange? I want to know where all my bases are, not only the nearest one.

I have a simple solution. Just let the tech manager set navigation points at radar for each tech. If I want to see the position of my base at radar i need to enter "manage techs" and tick "Show at radar" near the base. If I want to remove the position, I just need to uncheck "Show at radar" for that base. Simple and convenient. Also, it would be good to show not only the distance between the player and another friendly tech in tech manager but also a direction.

2. The second thing almost the same as first - why "Manage Tech" works so bad? Firstly, why I can't change my tech via "Manage Tech" button? Maybe I just don't know how should I do that, tell me if I am mistaken. I attached cabs for all my bases in order to simply change tech from my main tech to base which is far away from me, but I was surprised to find that there is no such button in tech manager.

3. Another suggestion to tech manager. It would be good to make group of techs instead of the whole list of techs in manager. As I said, I had 6 bases and each base had 5-6 autominers and 3-4 "sellers" (with receiver, refinery and delivery cannons). So, it means that I had 6 bases * (6+4) techs in each base = 60 techs in total. It is just a mess in tech manager, why it shows me the whole list of 60 techs instead of 6 groups (which can be extended if needed)? It would be much more convenient to have groups of techs in manager.

4. A map in addition to radar also would be awesome. Just a simple "big radar" with zoom, custom waypoints, missions, trading stations, biomes maybe etc.

5. How can I buy a tech? I created some techs in R&D and these techs contain blocks from several fractions. In campaign, as I said, I maxed all fractions and it means that I have all terminals and I can buy any amount of any block exist in game. Also, I have more than 3000000 BB. New techs which I created in R&D contain some blocks which I don't have in inventory in campaign. But I have a lot of BB and a possibility to buy it. How can I just buy a whole tech in one click? I tried to "load tech", but i can't do that because "missing blocks". Last time I bought each block manually via terminals, but how can I do that in 1 click?

6. Another essential feature is weapon grouping. It seems that it was already suggested, but I will suggest it again just because it is still doesn't exist in game. It is really annoying to shoot all weapons including missiles and cannons when enemy tech is behind you. I have some shotguns specially for such situation and I don/t want to fire all weapons, I just want to fire only shotguns. Add "Weapon manager" block, please, in order to make it possible to assign special key for each groups of weapon (and of course with custom groups).

qwertynosik

Jun 11, 2017
---(We have 5000 signs post cap)---

7. It seems that we need to have 4x2 Hawkeye armor plate. Why? Because Hawkeye seems to be the most "armored" fraction. As we can see, Hawkeye armor has the greatest amount of HP in comparison to other fractions. But even despite the fact, that currently all Hawkeye armor is broken (see my previous post about this bug https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...pc-steam-hawkeye-armor-wrong-fragility.20908/ ) , it seems that for big techs it is better to use 4x2 GeoCorp Armor instead of 2 plates of 2x2 Hawkeye Armor. Because when attacked, the GeoCorp 4x2 Armor Plate will be alive longer than two 2x2 Hawkeye Armor Plates simply because GeoCorp one has more HP. GeoCorp 4x2 has 7200 HP while Hawkeye 2x2 has 4000 HP. Yes, Hawkeye has better HP per unit area than GeoCorp, but in any case all weapons deal damage to block not per unit area. For example, if we have 500 explosion damage 2 Hawkeye Blocks will receive a total of 1000 damage, because we have 2 blocks and each receive 500 damage, while one GeoCorp 4x2 Armor plate will receive only 500 damage. The HP of Geocorp is less than HP of 2 Hawkeye Armors, but the Hawkeye Armor will be destroyed faster. It need to be fixed.

P.S. ADD INGAME WIKI WITH ALL STATS FOR EACH BLOCK. This time I found all information because of @ HeX 's thread with List of Blocks Info, but it should be in game.

UPD1. Just a spontaneous idea. "Load tech" button should include a special group of default techs as simple plane from the first venture mission etc. Also, it would be interesting if destroyed enemy techs will appear in special list of destroyed techs, so you can load it. I don't know if it is some practical importance, but it would be interesting to see how many different enemy techs from each corporation you already destroyed. Maybe even add a counter how many techs you already destroyed and how many default enemy techs exists in game. Just an additional progress counter.

UPD2. All "story" missions (Defeat the Spider king, Crafty Mike etc.) which appear only once per game should have a special background in order to be separated from common randomly generated missions as Enemy Squad, Random Drop Box etc.

Last edited:

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing, Chief of N.A.S.F-01
Nov 2, 2018
moving across the Off World like a nomad
Hello! I just finished my campaign. I maxed all fractions, completed all uncommon "story" missions and earn more than 3 000 000 of BB. And I faced some problems and i found some things that seems to be just essential to the game.

1. I can't understand ho can I change navigation point in the radar? I mean that radar shows only the nearest friendly tech. I don't know is it a bug or a feature, but radar displays only nearest station. In my playthrough I created 5 or 6 bases which mine minerals, refine it and sell with delivery cannons. The distance between bases was around 300-1000 meters. I know, that bases work when the distance between player and a base is less than 500 meters, but I wanted that all bases were spread around the map, not concentrated near one point. And after creating 5 bases I realized that I just lost bases, because the radar shows only the nearest one and I don't know where are another bases. It seems absolutely stupid, because the radar shows the base which just in front of me and there are no points for other bases.
the radar doing this and the base pausing is well known in TT. I hated it myself a ton, but I wish that it would be updated so that bases can run indefinitely, and that you can see more on the radar

Reactions: harpo99999

Amtheminer

Mar 4, 2020
actually your base desnt fully disappear, its just culled out of play to save up on memory and processing power. It still continues to work but its paused untill you return and reload that area. This causes autominers to "remember" continue to function but not spit out resources. but when you leave the area for a very long time and come back, when your within render distance it will either very slowly spit out its resorces if you werent gone long; but after a very long time (after about 30 minutes to an hour) it has a chance to vomit all the collected resources as all physics and calculations stop after a certain distance. Enemy or passive techs have a significantly shorter distance which causes them to be seen floating in the air at times, untill the player gets close enough to where the physics can resume as normal. Conveyors will not work when out of range sice it doesnt produce resorces but only moves them. Sorry if this is confusing.

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing, Chief of N.A.S.F-01
Nov 2, 2018
moving across the Off World like a nomad
actually your base desnt fully disappear, its just culled out of play to save up on memory and processing power. It still continues to work but its paused untill you return and reload that area. This causes autominers to "remember" continue to function but not spit out resources. but when you leave the area for a very long time and come back, when your within render distance it will either very slowly spit out its resorces if you werent gone long; but after a very long time (after about 30 minutes to an hour) it has a chance to vomit all the collected resources as all physics and calculations stop after a certain distance. Enemy or passive techs have a significantly shorter distance which causes them to be seen floating in the air at times, untill the player gets close enough to where the physics can resume as normal. Conveyors will not work when out of range sice it doesnt produce resorces but only moves them. Sorry if this is confusing.
it is built like this to improve FPS, for if the resources was to keep being in motion via spawning and movement, the fps would drop alot

joseph racer

Feb 1, 2019
The switch techs in the tech manger is probably not there sense then you could teleport all over the place anywhere from 1m to 10000000000000m (I made that number up).
Also UPD 1. sound amazing

qwertynosik

Jun 11, 2017
The switch techs in the tech manger is probably not there sense then you could teleport all over the place anywhere from 1m to 10000000000000m (I made that number up).
Also UPD 1. sound amazing
Yes, I understand that game world is completely loaded only within a spherical area of around 500 meters with its center at the player tech. But I am ready to wait until the world will be loaded just let me to change my tech. In any case if I have my base 5 km far from my current position, it is better to wait loading instead of returning to this base.