[SOLVED] [PC] [1.0.0.2] Cannot start TerraTech after updating it

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by Galrex, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

Title is pretty self-explanatory. I'm not really sure what's wrong, either it's my pc or the update.o_O Issue happened after I finished updated the game to current unstable.
    As far as my memory concern about what happened (my numbering in order),
    1. Update the game to 1.0.0.2
    2. Start the game as normal. Black-out screen. Waited a while (more than 2 mins) still nothing happen then I just close the (TT) program.
    3. Restarted TT again. The same happened as (2). PC crash immediately afterward.
    4. Restarted PC. Switched the game back to 1.0 Stable build. Started TT and game plays as normal.
    5. Switched the game back to 1.0.0.2 unstable and start TT. Loading screen stucked at Payload's main logo, there's no further action.
    I've attached my dxdiag.txt file just in case you guys need it... Anyway, any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

#1 Galrex, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

@ZeroGravitas did I posted in the wrong forum? Because I needed help so I posted it here... Maybe you can also move the thread to its relevant place if necessary.

3. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

Update:

Now it works fine after disabling my antivirus program from blocking the directory. Sorry for pinging you Zero. I'm just a little panic.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I'd be interested to know which directory your anti virus was blocking. The work I did for 1.0.0.2 should have stopped any crashes from blocked folders and instead give you a nice error message

5. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

Here is it.
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TerraTech Beta
    Before this I did receive notification about controlled folder access blocked from my pc but ignored it.
    [EDITED]: Before that, everything works fine even with the antivirus pop up message but not in 1.0.0.2.

#5 Galrex, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  6. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

@Galrex , which antivirus gave this problem?

7. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

Windows Defender.