[SOLVED] [PC] [1.0.0.2] Cannot start TerraTech after updating it

Galrex

Possibilist
Title is pretty self-explanatory. I'm not really sure what's wrong, either it's my pc or the update.o_O Issue happened after I finished updated the game to current unstable.
As far as my memory concern about what happened (my numbering in order),
  1. Update the game to 1.0.0.2
  2. Start the game as normal. Black-out screen. Waited a while (more than 2 mins) still nothing happen then I just close the (TT) program.
  3. Restarted TT again. The same happened as (2). PC crash immediately afterward.
  4. Restarted PC. Switched the game back to 1.0 Stable build. Started TT and game plays as normal.
  5. Switched the game back to 1.0.0.2 unstable and start TT. Loading screen stucked at Payload's main logo, there's no further action.
I've attached my dxdiag.txt file just in case you guys need it... Anyway, any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Galrex

Possibilist
@ZeroGravitas did I posted in the wrong forum? Because I needed help so I posted it here... Maybe you can also move the thread to its relevant place if necessary.

Galrex

Possibilist
Update:

Now it works fine after disabling my antivirus program from blocking the directory. Sorry for pinging you Zero. I'm just a little panic.
if you have any anti virus' running that could be blocking write access to folders in your documents?
The TerraTech folder in 'My Games' must have access otherwise it will cause issues.

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I'd be interested to know which directory your anti virus was blocking. The work I did for 1.0.0.2 should have stopped any crashes from blocked folders and instead give you a nice error message

Galrex

Possibilist
I'd be interested to know which directory your anti virus was blocking. The work I did for 1.0.0.2 should have stopped any crashes from blocked folders and instead give you a nice error message
Here is it.
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TerraTech Beta
Before this I did receive notification about controlled folder access blocked from my pc but ignored it.
[EDITED]: Before that, everything works fine even with the antivirus pop up message but not in 1.0.0.2.

Last edited: