[Solved] [1.0] Dead blocks that can't be picked up, even after loading a save

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by catb0t, Sep 1, 2018.

1. catb0t

catb0t New Member

[​IMG]

In Campaign mode, there is a "Hawkeye Medium Fort Armour" on the ground between this SCU and two GSO Block Magnets (on the Tech). There was another heavy block which wasn't picked up at first, but after saving and reloading, it was picked up. This Fort Armour has stayed on the ground across two re-loads and a full re-start of the game.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

That's novel... :) (Thanks for the report.)

Previously I've only heard of dead blocks (report) that wake up on loading. Can you manually pick it up? And put it in the SCU?

But first, could you upload your save with this issue please (to this thread)? Should be in e.g. "C:\Users\[Windows_User]\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\Saves\[Player Name]\Campaign\".

WhitePaw2002 likes this.
  3. catb0t

catb0t New Member

I also tried manually putting it on the magnets and SCU before I made the report, and it didn't work. Here's the save file:

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, loading your save file doesn't have the same issue on my side, can you give us a little more info on how the block got into that state to help us with identifying the problem please?

For example, was this block a mission reward?
    Drop off an enemy?
    Drop off your own tech?
    Are you able to interact with the block in anyway?

5. catb0t

catb0t New Member

Now it works for me as well, so it was a heisenbug or the game needed a third re-start. Thanks anyway, and sorry for wasting time :)

It had fallen off an enemy tech, and I could pick up the block, but it couldn't be affected by magnets or SCUs.

6. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

It's the same (well 99% sure it is) bug I described as Inert Blocks... kill/build/break any large tech (especially if it existed during a load (the large tech I mean)) and you frequently get these blocks. They actually seem more common than before too.