So I've made this base

Jiggly

Oct 29, 2017
Hello, I bought Terra Tech yesterday and since then played this basically non-stop and decided to build a main base.
It is supposed to hold all kinds of chunks and components in their own seperate silos, be able to craft with them and sell those who would overfill.

After some time I noticed that if I would craft an Item wich for example takes a unrefined chunk and a component of the refined version, my refinery will set to craft the refined chunk (take that I did not have the refined one in stock) and don't leave any unrefined ones for the final item.
Can this be avoided? (save file down below, I hope this is the one needed)

I also just got the mission wich unlocks hawkeye, yet I know that there is the flyer class you are supposed to get prior. I did never skip missions, so am I missing a specific prequesite or is it bugged?

EDIT: Also, I will always take any suggestion to improve my base.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Hey @Jiggly. Thanks for posting your question. Looks like a valid sav file, good job.

I'm utterly astounded at your progress here, after just one day! (Looks like 9.3 hours on the save game clock...)

However, have you had any instability during your play-through? The game just crashed for me after a couple of minutes in your campaign. :( [Edit: crash dump folder attached out of force of habbit, @Adriano.]

Have you changed the version of TerraTech that you are using, at all, in Steam? The save file seems to say that the world was created in an older game version than the one it was saved in (I'm not exactly a top expert on this though):
"m_WorldGenVersion":16260,"m_SaveVersion":18229
I'll try again to take a look at your crafting base, although I'll have to wait for it to get light, probably. ;)

I also just got the mission which unlocks Hawkeye, yet I know that there is the flyer class you are supposed to get prior.
I'm not sure that there's a strict order to Starting Venture or Hawkeye. Certainly things have changed recently anyway, with the (fairly) new first Venture mission. They're probably independent of each other. I think Hawkeye just requires GSO to be grade 4. I don't think you ever have to start any of the missions for Corporations other than GSO...:confused:

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
if I would craft an Item wich for example takes a unrefined chunk and a component of the refined version, my refinery will set to craft the refined chunk (take that I did not have the refined one in stock) and don't leave any unrefined ones for the final item.
Oh, what block were you trying to craft exactly?

Jiggly

Oct 29, 2017
I'm utterly astounded at your progress here, after just one day! (Looks like 9.3 hours on the save game clock...)
ty, took me around 2 h to find my first flats (watched lathlands videos so I had some knowledge beforehand), and around 3 to get all the silos, filters and conveyors.

However, have you had any instability during your play-through? The game just crashed for me after a couple of minutes in your campaign. :(
Didn't got any crashes, mayby you need the rest of the save too? Sorry if it was because of that:(

Have you changed the version of TerraTech that you are using, at all, in Steam? The save file seems to say that the world was created in an older game version than the one it was saved in (I'm not exactly a top expert on this though):
I changed to beta branch tt in properties, otherwise I used a save from a youtuber to get the same loaded techs to buy later, but it didn't work.
Could be that this world was generated in a past version, but it was untouched so I just used it.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Didn't got any crashes
Hmm, maybe it's just my system being a bit unstable then... Seems fine now. And don't worry, you gave me everything needed. :)
Could be that this world was generated in a past version, but it was untouched so I just used it.
Oh right, so this was originally a save you got from someone else then? That's OK. But it might mean that you don't get the newer terrain biomes, in that case. May potentially get some little glitches with floating trade stations too, but hopefully not, if that's all fixed now....

Oh, but I see you have Ice biome there, which is the most recent. So no worries...:confused:

And very clever mining operation there, of the type I'm trying to make a guide on, because I don't really see many/any people doing it... Did you think of this yourself? (Don't think Lathland's done this, for example.)

And your crafting base works remarkable well! As good as can be expected, given the number of bugs with crafting. (See the links in my signature next to "#FixCrafting" also in the crafting guide I'm working on.) I think You'll have a lot to teach me soon, at this rate!:eek::)

So, I wasn't sure what you meant, going back to this:
an Item wich for example takes a unrefined chunk and a component of the refined version
I don't see any blocks that need both unrefined resource chunks and refined ones... Did you mean when using 2 Fabricators at the same time? (Both the GSO and GeoCorp ones simultaneously?)

Everything I tried to make worked fine. This is one of the best (big) crafting setups I've seen!:eek::cool::) It even deals with spuriously dispatched resources fine, sending them back to the right storage location.:)

I'm interested to see what you get up to next.:)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Oh, and where did you get the GSO and GeoCrop Payload (Shop) Terminals from? You're not supposed to be able to get them until grade 5 now. Were they in the save game file already? Or did you craft them yourself, or something...? (I'm not sure I understand what's going on with them myself.)

Jiggly

Oct 29, 2017
And very clever mining operation there, of the type I'm trying to make a guide on, because I don't really see many/any people doing it... Did you think of this yourself? (Don't think Lathland's done this, for example.)

And your crafting base works remarkable well! As good as can be expected, given the number of bugs with crafting. (See the links in my signature next to "#FixCrafting" also in the crafting guide I'm working on.) I think You'll have a lot to teach me soon, at this rate!:eek::)

So, I wasn't sure what you meant, going back to this:
I have played Factorio, a game where it gets very complicated later on, hence why I love the entire "ressource convey&craft stuff" with multiple steps.
About that mining, the Idea came when I was watching Lathland and I commented telling him to test it, but I never watch videos when they come out so he prob never read them :(

I also do not experience any floating trading stations or so, guess the version was recent enought.

I'm interested to see what you get up to next.:)
Problem is Terra Tech currently isn't programmed to handle big Conveyer bases etc. very well as instead of Factorio it has to be 3 dimensional (wich is great) but does sit heavily on the cpu power, wich I am lacking to make bigger projects.

Jiggly

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, and where did you get the GSO and GeoCrop Payload (Shop) Terminals from? You're not supposed to be able to get them until grade 5 now. Were they in the save game file already? Or did you craft them yourself, or something...? (I'm not sure I understand what's going on with them myself.)
I could craft them at that point (even gso grade 3 I think) wich might be unintented as you seem to be able to buy endless amounts of items, and the recepie only included normal (1st tier) components.

When I downloaded the profile save it said that this world was completely untouched (wich it seemed as I started in the tutorial) so mayby it could be due to being created in a past version.

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

QuackDuck

Duck on holiday
Jun 24, 2017
Near a duck pond in Britain
duckduckgo.com
I'm fairly certain you can get the payload terminals before grade 5, but until then they only have limited stock.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia

I for one have made a similar setup, although I had about 6-8 auto-miners on a single deposit.

Mr-Vagabond

Dec 21, 2015
I for one have made a similar setup, although I had about 6-8 auto-miners on a single deposit.
When you do this, dont forget to put some GeoCorp tractor Pad around, so, when you go away and return, you have less lag, with the ressource in static base

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
When you do this, dont forget to put some GeoCorp tractor Pad around, so, when you go away and return, you have less lag, with the ressource in static base
Yes, right next to the auto-miners I had placed 4 of the small GeoCorp collectors, not that it mattered, as I decided to park myself next to it for the whole time anyway, as I was at school, I needed those resources for crafting, my computer died a few times due to the high temperature, and I was browsing the forums...

JKINGL

Nov 6, 2017
Really good base. I can't believe you could have just started and have such good design! (My main problem is the direction the conveyors are going in)

Reactions: {insert_name_here}