Smarter stabilising computer - passive and active stabilisation.

XJetfireX

Heavy-duty military engineer
Currently BF stabilising computer only takes over and stabilises your tech when you're not pressing any movement keys, but sometimes you need to, for example, descend your hover tech using control keys, but it starts to move somewhere you don't want to.

So, my idea is to make 2 BF computer variants - passive and active.

Passive version acts like the current one - takes over and tries to stabilise your tech only when you're not pressing any movement keys.

Active one will always try to stabilise you, but it will ignore the axis you're currently controlling. For example, you start strafing to the right while moving forward. When you'll stop strafing but keep moving forward, the active stabilising computer will only stop your strafing, so you'll end up moving forward again.

Addition: the active version will allow you to move tech from the picture forward without losing it's altitude.
1562715280305.png

Last edited:

XJetfireX

Whoops, looks like Rafs in the "hover bug alternatives" thread already mentioned that sort of thing, so i just wrote almost the same idea, i'm sorry. Do i need to delete this thread? If yes, how? :D

UPD: not only him, but a lot of people in this thread talked about it, and their ideas about it is better than just an "active" stabilising computer. My bad.

(But, well, it can become an another conversation specifically about stabilising computer ideas then? I dunno x) )

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
I like this idea alot, being able to either have the same Stabilizing Computer or a version which is active even while you're moving sounds great
Now to hope that the stabilizing computer will completely stop a tech and not let it slowly drift in a direction

Whoops, looks like Rafs in the "hover bug alternatives" thread already mentioned that sort of thing, so i just wrote almost the same idea, i'm sorry. Do i need to delete this thread? If yes, how? :D

UPD: not only him, but a lot of people in this thread talked about it, and their ideas about it is better than just an "active" stabilising computer. My bad.

(But, well, it can become an another conversation specifically about stabilising computer ideas then? I dunno x) )
They have? I haven't heard of this before actually

XJetfireX

Sea_Kerman

I would very much like this kind of stabilizing computer. Like the inertial dampers in Space Engineers, which try to stop uncommanded movement, but leave the commanded axis alone.

XJetfireX

I would very much like this kind of stabilizing computer. Like the inertial dampers in Space Engineers, which try to stop uncommanded movement, but leave the commanded axis alone.
Yes, that's exactly what i meant. Just like the inertial dampers ;)