Small non-explosive batteries need to be a thing

agree or no?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Mindlessmrawesome

So I always make my techs with segmented batteries that don't chain react all the way down the craft. I separate them with an anti-explosion wall as I call it, makes it so that taking an explosive shot doesn't ruin your day in the campaign when your shields are down. They are nice and fine and work well, but it wastes a lot of space that could be used for something else.

Here's what I suggest: make some batteries that don't explode with enough damage to take out 1/3 the health of a GSO battery. This will make it so that 3 of them would have to explode in order to combust a GSO battery and cause a chain reaction. Their own health should be relatively strong so they don't chain react themselves as battery explosions can damage at least all the blocks around it. Maybe just make some special code that makes them very resistant to battery-explosion damage and in the lore coat them with some sort of anti-acid heat resistant stuff.

As of right now, you have two options: waste space that could be used for batteries with anti-explosion walls or have chain-reacting batteries that destroy your tech in one fell swoop. I think a third could really benefit the game: sacrifice a bit of cash for some batteries that can act as anti-explosion walls.

Mindlessmrawesome

also: a nice touch would for them to have APs on all sides. That'd make them viable for non-susceptible multi-tech turret shafts. Also make them hold less battery power than a GSO battery to balance them out and make them more expensive. Idk what corp they'd be for, I am thinking hawkeye because their sole purpose is to be more durable batteries but idk...

Dynamix

Do you want to have a GOOD time?
You could use Venture baterries.Less harmful and same storage as GSO with the cost of less APs.

Also,Hawkeye already has batteries,but I agree they need to be tougher to chain reactions.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
IMO, I think having somewhat explosive batteries make up for the fact that they're used for shielding. It prevents Techs that look like rolling battery bricks with guns on them. You just have to build smart, I suppose. :)

Mindlessmrawesome

You could use Venture baterries.Less harmful and same storage as GSO with the cost of less APs.

Also,Hawkeye already has batteries,but I agree they need to be tougher to chain reactions.
Do you think I haven't tried that? They chain react too! There are no batteries in the game right now that don't chain react.

Mindlessmrawesome

IMO, I think having somewhat explosive batteries make up for the fact that they're used for shielding. It prevents Techs that look like rolling battery bricks with guns on them. You just have to build smart, I suppose. :)
Here's my problem with that: there aren't any good armor blocks that can stand up to large amounts of firepower. If it was a question of armor or batteries, then yes I would say that all batteries should chain react as a balance for using them instead of just pure armor. But there isn't any armor that won't get blasted into oblivion by a couple shots from a battleship cannon. It's shields or nothing. You could go along the route of only repair bubbles, but they are only really useful on planes and techs that are quick enough to avoid big cannons. For big techs it is batteries or nothing, and no matter how smart you get with your designing you are always going to lose quite a significant amount of your battery storage for anti-chain reacting.

Website
duckduckgo.com
I do think this idea has potential, but I'm worried that this might make battery bricks even worse. Currently, battery bricks are only easily defeated by explosives, since their batteries are explosive as well. If this block were implemented, we could start seeing battery bricks made entirely out of these which would be immune to nearly everything except melee.

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
To be honest i always use a GC battery instead of a GC block on my build (made by 75% of GC block ?) , so it mean my main tech have exactly 74 GC battery and 0 GC block (+ some GSO battery) , and even with that , i almost never blow up.

So yeah, i think it's a builder's skill issue , not a battery issue.

Last edited: