Simple suggestions [list]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by john10112, Jun 13, 2018.

1. john10112

john10112 Member

I will update and add onto this as time goes by.

First, in game i'm guessing its around 2050 - 2070 on earth and they still cant figure out a way to attach solar panels to moving techs, really? Constantly having to either go back to a base and wireless charge (limiting your range) or removing all your batteries and charging them, every couple minutes. Just let me have my solar panel chargers constantly running on my tech.

If anything, wireless chargers should be accessible earlier in the game.

Secondly, i know the tow rings and hooks are experimental, but they way to easily come un-done even when you move around quickly. Just make it a button to attach. Am i missing something here? I attach a cart with the hook and ring and the wheels won't move with me when i pull in main tech?

Once attached, they show connect the techs guns and wheels. I should be able to use guns on all connected techs, by hitting space, no matter what tech i'm driving.

I feel like early and mid game shields and batteries suck. I get hit a couple times and it uses up my batteries.

Shields don't protect enough, they will help you get the advantage over the first couple shots, but if its 1 v 3 mission your running away, charging, and coming back.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

the devs much prefer one suggestion per thread (and it has been said that they do not act (perhaps even read) on threads with multiple suggestions)

JimmyBlether likes this.
  3. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

1) Mobile solar panels could be a thing, I guess. Still waiting on the mobile fabricators.

2) Haven't mucked about with this tow rings and hooks thing yet, no opinion

3) Git Moar Gunz!

4. john10112

john10112 Member

They can just write it down in a notebook as they go along.

5. ifnotthe2nd

ifnotthe2nd Member

1)There is a mobile generator...

2)
    3)The game needs to be challenging... It's not fun if I never have to retreat... Try more: batteries, guns, armor, speed, strategy, or all of the above

6. john10112

john10112 Member

That requires fuel, with 4 battery's and shields and considering i live on the salt flats fuel isn't very plentiful.

Ill show you a picture of my tech later.

7. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

1)you can anchor a tech so long aw the anchor is close enough to the ground

2) @WhitePaw2002 made a mod to help you out, and also made the tera5ech mod manager

3) reaal armor is underrated, and speed/more fast killy things can help.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  8. ifnotthe2nd

ifnotthe2nd Member

Anchoring doesn't work very good if you want any real mobility. The anchor simply has to be to close to the ground. Mine has a tendency to break off...

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  9. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

You can place the anchor on the bottom of your tech when you want to anchor, then remove it and place it somewhere else once you're done.

Also, regarding the suggestions:
    1. The devs have said no mobile solar panels. People will spam them and make invincible solar Megaton pyramids.

2. Yeah, the tow hooks and rings are really bad, I just make my own. Connecting the controls for 2 separate techs (a master/slave control block) is coming in the future.

3. Don't try brawling when in early game, you will be decimated. Use a quick, nippy tech so that you can get out of trouble. Decreasing shield battery use will also make enemy shielded techs stronger, so not much will change in terms of difficulty.

As someone said above, please refrain from posting lists of suggestions, the devs have said they prefer suggestions to be in individual threads, even if it means you have to make 100 threads.

10. ifnotthe2nd

ifnotthe2nd Member

Yup necessary work around but... hopefully one day this gets fixed...

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  11. EATZYOWAFFLEZ

EATZYOWAFFLEZ Active Member

I think portable solar panels are unnecessary. You can just build an anchored tech with a bunch of solar panels and wireless chargers and load it it whenever you need to charge.

12. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Salt flats where you can find Carbius Nodes?

TBH my current favourite tech has 4x GSO mobile gen (not sure if there is any other kind), the only time I anchor it is if I'm leaving it to go mining or I'm building somewhere else. It has (IIRC) 8 GC batteries, and I pretty much keep it charged from wood.

0811_BattleWagon_1.png
    And yes I'm very end game now... only have to cap out Hawkeye. But the basic idea is the same.

Khaine likes this.
  13. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Firstly, I think trailers suck.
    I would venture to say that the best trailer possible would still be a horrendous burden to carry and maintain. I believe that the only useful trailers are those that take to the skies, but that isn't very viable for campaign so it isn't really useful to you at present.
    If you're going to have campaign multitechs, I would suggest you make sure that you are able to control all your wheels and guns because the AI isn't amazing at using either of those.
    Second, you are complaining that your shield is turning off too soon into battle. The remedy to this is either economise on shield placement (having as few as possible covering as much as possible) or adding more batteries or both, which will make your shields last longest. Also, try to take as little fire as possible. Experiment with boosters and making your tech lighter to become faster or try to snipe enemies with lasers from out of their immediate range. Lastly for power conservation, furnaces are your friend. Even if it's an anchored furnace because if you have a largish collector full of resources and have a pacemaker attached to that, when you anchor the furnace will burn the chunks very quickly and charge you much faster than a solar panel can. Refine them first to make the fuel more efficient and you can even sell non-burnable chunks while you're static.
    I hope this helps.

14. john10112

john10112 Member

Yeah, after you start having a lot of batteries, a couple solar panels will take forever. This is also not taking into account that they may not be able to charge as fast as it runs out.