Silos Tend To Cause Lag

Retnuh66

I think it would be neat if there was an option where the silos would actually store resources inside of the silo instead of floating above. While the current silos look cool, they tend to cause lag because of the resource physics. A silo which could store resources internally would prevent this and would also make it easier to plan bases without having to worry about whether or not your guns can shoot when the base is full of resources. Alternatively, there could maybe just be a different silo which stores resources inside. Perhaps they could have an indicator on the outside which shows how many resources are stored inside, or an option to show / hide the resources.

Having the resources outside makes sense on techs because they usually won't be carrying too much, and being loaded with resources should potentially make you more vulnerable. In the bases however it would be nicer to not have to render hundreds of resource blocks.

Just a thought, not a major issue.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
I think it would be neat if there was an option where the silos would actually store resources inside of the silo instead of floating above. While the current silos look cool, they tend to cause lag because of the resource physics. A silo which could store resources internally would prevent this and would also make it easier to plan bases without having to worry about whether or not your guns can shoot when the base is full of resources. Alternatively, there could maybe just be a different silo which stores resources inside. Perhaps they could have an indicator on the outside which shows how many resources are stored inside, or an option to show / hide the resources.

Having the resources outside makes sense on techs because they usually won't be carrying too much, and being loaded with resources should potentially make you more vulnerable. In the bases however it would be nicer to not have to render hundreds of resource blocks.

Just a thought, not a major issue.
I thought resource physics were disabled in silos...

@zanzistar

Karel Slabý

Darn this makes me imagine what the game would be like if it gradually turned into a full blown RTS, controlling all your custom made techs from a proper map. With resources as numerical values. Damn, maybe in Terratech 3?...

Karel Slabý

Sucking up resource chunks directly into SCU and spending them like -> avoiding lag, making crafting more user friendly and seeing exactly how many chunks you have -> wohoo proper resource management -> strategy game. Pretty much :D.

In general I think something like Black & White or Spore would work great, where you start with one tech and build up a proper transformer civilization. But let's see what they have planned for Terratech 2 first :).

MrTwister

It would be cool if it was an rts - kinda like Battlezone from ages back.

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
It's why i've replace that :

By that :

(each fabricator is set to repeat for craft a x120-ressource block , 1 by existing ressource).

but TBH i didnt try my 'old' system since 1.0 so i'll check soon or late.