Silos, Fabricators, and mostly filters

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by TumotaBerry, Jun 24, 2018.

1. TumotaBerry

TumotaBerry New Member

Recently, I have made a big scrapping base which has many GSO Losta silos. I lined them up to a fabricator to craft some blocks that I need and the silos dont dispatch. I put filters next to the silos to test if they were going to dispatch resources and they did. This gave me the idea that using filter I can easily link them up to component factories... but WRONG! I tried to link them up but they would keep stacking the components even though it was on repeat. I have a conveyor system and filter set to take components only, I dont think its a bug but I would like it if there was a filter option to do "Fabrication materials only" or "Component materials only" so this doesnt happen, thanks!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Yeah, the Filters are 'dumb', in that they always blindly do what ever they are set for, ignoring the calls for crafting ingredients.

You just need to have a direct Conveyor line link directly between the Fabricator and Silos, with enough Component Factories on, and maybe a Refinery (depending).

Note that Conveyor junctions are also dumb, so resources will only ever take the default route on a split.

Post up a save game, tech snapshot, or couple of screenshots (or video) of your base setup, if you'd like some more advice.:)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    layer1 and Lord Zarnox like this.
  3. TumotaBerry

TumotaBerry New Member

Thank you! The direct conveyor line works, and my base is only 11 silos taking one of every resource refined and a row of component factories, and fabricators. It's a scrapping base.

layer1 and ZeroGravitas like this.