Should We Petition The Devs To officially Sponsor/Endorse Kingdoms?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
With the recent inactivity in Kingdoms and forums in general, Kingdoms seem to be suffering, with only a few total active members. This resulted from multiple factors, including but not limited to:

1. The decision to create the steam workshop for TerraTech. This has slowly and gradually drained attention and activity away from the forums and to the workshop. Now, activity on the forum is relegated to bug reports, the occasional half-hearted suggestion, and little to no activity otherwise.

2. A lack of knoweledge of the forums. Since TerraTech is purchased on Steam, it is unlikely that people may even know about the Forums, therefore never knowing about the existence of Kingdoms. I am sure that there are many people willing to roleplay if they just knew where to do it

3. The TTKingdoms Discord. Much like the steam workshop, this has also siphoned off what little activity remained in the forums. Even though both places are meant to cover the same thing, further investigation reveals that trying to put the two back together is infeasible and does not work

4. People being busy. This is of no one's fault. We all need to live, get education, and have social lives. However, the best way to mitigate this problem is to have active people form different time zones, different parts of the globe, and in general just to have more active people.

This leads to the conclusion, that we must petition the devs to include more advertisements for Kingdoms in the game. Whether that is done directly (through pop-ups, tips/hints, the main menu, etc), or indirectly (adding more Kingdom references in blocks, missions, etc) can be decided later.

Before I petition the developers to make this decision, I want to make sure I have the backing of the few remaining active people. If you have suggestions to make, please write them down as we only have one shot of convincing the devs to make such a big decision

Thank you and stay active. Long Live Kingdoms!

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing
so there is an official TTKingdoms discord? huh. well I am all in for this. so far the only ones I have seen active in recent times both on here and discord is: Bacon Inc, The Lemon Kingdom, and my own, ZTech.(also please dm me with the link to the TTKingdoms discord). altho the giant lemon block has a reference from the start of the lemon kingdom. seriously. it has the saying you must use to join the lemon kingdom.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
so there is an official TTKingdoms discord? huh. well I am all in for this. so far the only ones I have seen active in recent times both on here and discord is: Bacon Inc, The Lemon Kingdom, and my own, ZTech.(also please dm me with the link to the TTKingdoms discord). altho the giant lemon block has a reference from the start of the lemon kingdom. seriously. it has the saying you must use to join the lemon kingdom.
The Discord server is not official. That's why it siphons off activity away from the Forums.

I am aware of the Lemon Block in the game. However, this only serves as a fun reference to people who already know about the Lemon Kingdom. People with no other knoweledge will not care otherwise.

These factors are why I want to petition the devs to advertise Kingdoms more in the game in the hopes that it will keep them alive-they have been a great community project and it will be sad to see them die

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Well, I'd like official support as well, but I'm not sure how they'll implement this. A "Kingdoms" system where players in the game has some kind of badge perhaps? Like a guild badge?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Well, I'd like official support as well, but I'm not sure how they'll implement this. A "Kingdoms" system where players in the game has some kind of badge perhaps? Like a guild badge?
I think we can let the devs decide on how to go about advertising kingdoms, but I think a guild badge (or even block-like armor plating, but with a kingdom's logo on it) would be a nice addition to the game

Other than that, unless there is any opposition to this idea I will be posting the proposal soon in a few days/1 week for the devs to see

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Advertising the existence of a community would result in a great deal of responsability for an actual responsible and law-abiding company like Payload Studios. This would require rules and even more things for Matt to overlook as community manager.

I suggest, if that happens, adding kingdoms as a channel in the official discord, as managing two discord servers could require much more work.

Otherwise I see no way of the devs moving out of their strict schedule, resources and responsabilities to endorsing this.

Still, I haven't seen in the history of games, even indie games, developers advertising and supporting roleplaying communities, this is very unusual, but with a big enough of a movement with clear intentions and again, rules (to avoid potential drama and other issues), it could be a thing.