• Yes.

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
I'm sick of it. I'm sick of all these "a problem has occurred" warnings blocking me every half a minute from typing (and when I don't see it, I lose my typed text). I'm sick about all of these "archived pages" every second time I click something. I'm sick of being not able to like something without crashing the entire page.

Please Payload, switch to something else. I'm not the only one annoyed about this.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
I would agree that Cloudflare is bad, but is it a necessity to change it? Is it a priority? Cost-cutting comes into mind, and as an indie team, I can understand Payload cutting a few corners if that's the case.

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
I would agree that Cloudflare is bad, but is it a necessity to change it? Is it a priority? Cost-cutting comes into mind, and as an indie team, I can understand Payload cutting a few corners if that's the case.
Cloudflare doesn't even do anything. It's just there to give you a static version of the forums if it is down, but every time it says it's down it's not. Please. Stop using Cloudflare.

Faxtroid

Aug 29, 2015
I guess. i'm lucky, it happens only like every 100th load of any page here(more like once per day at most, sometimes not even that), definitelly not as often as others described. Also, very rarely while typing, only twice since I returned. Also for me, forum is fine every day even on phone(I use chrome on android 6 and I didn't have any errors on phone yet) and I didn't notice forum being offline at all for past month or two

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
I guess. i'm lucky, it happens only like every 100th load of any page here(more like once per day at most, sometimes not even that), definitelly not as often as others described. Also, very rarely while typing, only twice since I returned. Also for me, forum is fine every day even on phone(I use chrome on android 6 and I didn't have any errors on phone yet) and I didn't notice forum being offline at all for past month or two
You're so lucky. I have to deal with this trash every single day, ATLEAST 15 times a day.

Reactions: Captain Load

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
Then you probably have a very good internet connection or just pure luck.

Faxtroid

Aug 29, 2015
You're so lucky. I have to deal with this trash every single day, ATLEAST 15 times a day.
Then you probably have a very good internet connection or just pure luck.
I have to be lucky, my internet connection sucks. At home, I have supercheap 2 Mbit/s, can't watch YT in more than 480p if I'm home alone(When I was downloading GTA 5, it took about a week....) and in work, where I spend more time online, is 4 Mbit/s so nothing superb, though in work, there is upload twice as fast as download, also there is noone else here, so only 1 PC and my laptop connected.

Could location of the server this forum is hosted on have any influence on this? I live in Czech Republic...

But really, even if I'm at home, it happens very rarely. For example today not eve once and I was on the forum at home, on my phone while recording local hockey championship match (4G - no wifi) and at work several times, nothing so far.

But if majority of people have problems with this, maybe change in the future would be vital for our community.

P

Pink Kitty

I have to be lucky, my internet connection sucks. At home, I have supercheap 2 Mbit/s, can't watch YT in more than 480p if I'm home alone(When I was downloading GTA 5, it took about a week....) and in work, where I spend more time online, is 4 Mbit/s so nothing superb, though in work, there is upload twice as fast as download, also there is noone else here, so only 1 PC and my laptop connected.

Could location of the server this forum is hosted on have any influence on this? I live in Czech Republic...

But really, even if I'm at home, it happens very rarely. For example today not eve once and I was on the forum at home, on my phone while recording local hockey championship match (4G - no wifi) and at work several times, nothing so far.

But if majority of people have problems with this, maybe change in the future would be vital for our community.
2 Mbit/s should be fine for streaming and such. It might not download a patch in seconds, but it should only take a min or so.

I'd suggest the quality of the connection is probably more important than the max speed.

Faxtroid

Aug 29, 2015
2 Mbit/s should be fine for streaming and such. It might not download a patch in seconds, but it should only take a min or so.

I'd suggest the quality of the connection is probably more important than the max speed.
Actual max download speed at home is about 250-300kBps and at work it is up to 1MBps, while upload at home is around 150-200kBps and at work 2MBps (like seriously, I can upload 1 GB file in less than 10 minutes, but I would be downloading it close to half an hour.. Some kind of special deal with provider, because of bussiness in videoediting and such.. Files I upload for TV broadcasting are about 3-4GB and since we're going to switch from 576i 25i to fHD 50i, it will be probably several times that size..

I have some prehistorical router at home, maybe 12 years old or something like that, though I have to say, I didn't have any need to restart it for about half a year or maybe more, it just works. When I think about it, it's quite impressive for such an old thing. But our provider is probably one of the best in around here, rarely it slows down for a few minutes, but it is quite constant.

Sorry for kind of off-topic here, so to add to the point of this thread - actual connection of users of this forum might have a big role in these errors too, it doesn't have to be just server issue. Also, I just noticed that this forum has over 11k members? that kind of load could be also contributing to this problem, right? (not sure how many are actually active and it also doesn't count in for people browsing without an accout or logged out, which could be quite a lot too)

-Just as I was typing this, today first error occured-

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Actual max download speed at home is about 250-300kBps and at work it is up to 1MBps, while upload at home is around 150-200kBps and at work 2MBps (like seriously, I can upload 1 GB file in less than 10 minutes, but I would be downloading it close to half an hour.. Some kind of special deal with provider, because of bussiness in videoediting and such.. Files I upload for TV broadcasting are about 3-4GB and since we're going to switch from 576i 25i to fHD 50i, it will be probably several times that size..

I have some prehistorical router at home, maybe 12 years old or something like that, though I have to say, I didn't have any need to restart it for about half a year or maybe more, it just works. When I think about it, it's quite impressive for such an old thing. But our provider is probably one of the best in around here, rarely it slows down for a few minutes, but it is quite constant.

Sorry for kind of off-topic here, so to add to the point of this thread - actual connection of users of this forum might have a big role in these errors too, it doesn't have to be just server issue. Also, I just noticed that this forum has over 11k members? that kind of load could be also contributing to this problem, right? (not sure how many are actually active and it also doesn't count in for people browsing without an accout or logged out, which could be quite a lot too)

-Just as I was typing this, today first error occured-
My download/upload speed is around 1-2 megaBYTES per second. It's pretty fast, but definitely not the fastest out there. Somehow I still have millions of these errors.