Settlements!

stickman_king_28

Suddenly loyal golden armada member
This is an idea that I had when seeing that picture on the "future of terratech" page. More than just trading stations, you could get special quests, hang out in a safe haven, look at the welded hovels of GSO, robust geocorp garages, and towering better future spire factories. Drones could buzz around with packages, massive gates could dramatically open, black market deals could be made. They could add more life, although could remove the "hastily colonized" feeling of the offworld. This WOULD be quite a treat for the eyes, imagine, Barely escaping groups of hawkeye mercinaries, with only a few blocks left on your tech, then finally finding shelter in a Geocorp run colony. Ok maybe a little too much atmosphere. Still though, they could show the player socieity, maybe allow them to hire new techs into their fleet, with actually good designs to prevent the player to just suck them into their scu. There could be some kind of structure designs buildable by players, maybe just walls with a trade station. There could be individual techs the player could interact wit- oh wait, I should've said this earlier. Don't realy think this'll get implemented, but would be interesting in an alternate setting where the off-world was colonized, maybe after the events of the main campaign. There could be massive ships that unfold(?) into temporary colonies. Pretty much, just wanted a place to dump a textwall and an idea. Thanks for enduring my rabble.

Legionite

Wants to play modded Campaign MP
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Basically corporation bases on planets:

+ Super rarely spawns in the place of Trading Stations
+ Composed of different base Techs and a fabricator "Central Building"
+ Guarded by turrets (GEO Corp could have some "unobtainable" weapons for turret defense)
+ Stationed mobile Techs of the respective corp
+ They are neutral to player, hostile to enemies

- No-player build zone
- Far more rare than GSO Trading Stations