Seth's blocks but it features DarkLight

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Aaaand i accidentally hit the second page, welp time to celebrate a bit with a new gun that's literally a car or tank engine on some gun without knowing how the heck to properly gun, but at least i got some help on the .json part from @Legionite
DarkLight Hejo "Lunatic Spammer" Autocannon
DLHejo.png
It's considered an older gun too lol

Well, this was a mess to make the whole way, modeling it was kinda a bit of a mess, then UVing it showed a bunch of problems across the entire development of the block including moar model errors.. and then the .json, turns out the Hawkeye Autocannon isn't as easy to make into a block as i thought.

But this is an inaccurate kinda Danmaku weapon with decent DPS for its size and a good amount of health and weight for how it looks, even features a custom projectile that doesn't exist according to gravity.
20200702155407_1.jpg

If you grabbed it before this post released, update it, there's bug fixes (how do i always end up doing this..)

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
First off as it has become tradition at this point, block update before mentioning the new block
Triox has gotten updates this time, getting a proper wheel collider and a health buff

Now for the actual things
DarkLight Triox Middle Tanker Wheeler
DLTrioxTankerWheelerMiddle.png

This middle version of the Triox wheeler which is just half of a triox duped and flipped and somehow leaning to the right for SOME REASON(edit: found out it's thanks to the wheel model being borked, so it'll eventually be redone), also was requested by @garr890354839
20200711163410_1.jpg
Moving on from this stupidly designed wheels (lol), tank tracks. I have no exact plans on them, totally reassuring

augh why did this have to happen
2020-07-11 18_50_00-DarkLight, but its blocks _ TerraTech Forum.png

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Quick mobilius updato time
Arcis has gotten quite the damage buff and lost the top cells (making it decent finally)
Hejo has had a model update and will have a .json update tomorrow (idk if there will be a model update, but likely there will be)

I have yet to figure out the design of the endless duty tracks

that's kinda it-

Reactions: Enderjed

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Here's a, *very* delayed update+block release there'll be a weapon up next
Triox and its borked middle variant got quite the suspension boost so that it isn't being crushed by itself, Duoc was untouched (i mean jeez the triox is much larger than the duoc and the EDs and its also in the same price range as the ED)
And here's some tenk tracks
DarkLight Endless Duty Tank Tracks
DLEDTracks.png
Complete with an overly large poorly edited image of the icons slapped together
They're uh, basically modified GC middle tracks. bit faster, alot more weight capacity, modular, nice lookin, e x p e n s i v e and only at the cost of an extra layer of Y (or X for spikes).
I worry slightly that these might be op but ehh you can hold up your death abominations kinda easily now (spiked versions not pictured)

20200730111244_1.jpg

please report any issues you'll probably eventually find since i can't see apparently to here

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
2020-07-31 11_39_12-Blender_ [C__Users_Mrs_k_Desktop_Seth_Golden Armada Textures that is total...png (Hint at the next set of bloccs, some more basic block slopes to make DL less painful to build with!)

This also serves as a warning that i'm going to be filtering out the following basic blocks (due to not being required and hogging up too much space) from the DarkLight Block Collection, and that their IDs will be reused for other blocks:
Brudger Corner Blocks (Replacing with Inside Slopes)
All current wide corner slopes (Replacing with Smooth Slopes and Wrap Blocks +1 undecided block.)

..this still leaves 5 unused ID spaces inbetween my collection of IDs that i've used *uhh* probs like accessories or more unique basic blocks idk ._.

Edit: Slight issue, new unstable completely blocks DarkLight from loading in at all so i get to wait for official modding to be completed, they still work in stable but i don't know how long 1.4.0 will be around for

Edit 2 electric gun i still am incapable of removing any blocks already functional in the game and unstable now makes DL techs spawn in as a legion of AI cabs heck

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Here's a quick thing and my first non-DL blocks
Better Future Wide & Large One Face Blank Blocks

20200807170957_1.jpg
They're literally just larger versions of the vanilla one why have the devs not made these themselves yet-

Now back to either doing DL stuff or probably going off again making non-DL stuff

Attachments

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Going ahead and dropping some wrap slopes but first BLOCK UPDATES

flarz had its cap recentered and triangulated since on my end at least it wasn't, that's it

20200807201032_1.jpg

I've decided to go ahead and release these lads now (The slopes), corners will come soonish generally depends on if i do more non-DL stuff or make more DL models or not, just note you'll have to update the new folder these lads are in when the corners come out there's too many brudger folders

why am i doing two corps and other blocks and even more stuff all at once-

Last edited:

garr890354839

Nov 1, 2019
We now need: A three-U-face blank block, a four-face blank single edge, a four-O-face block, and a 5-face blank block.
Also, add ALL the faired variants. If you really want to test how far you can go making blocks, make ALL THE CURVED VARIANTS. This includes any width curved to any other width curve on all the axes, new air rig extenders and converters, and curve-to-blocky transitions.

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
We now need: A three-U-face blank block, a four-face blank single edge, a four-O-face block, and a 5-face blank block.
Also, add ALL the faired variants. If you really want to test how far you can go making blocks, make ALL THE CURVED VARIANTS. This includes any width curved to any other width curve on all the axes, new air rig extenders and converters, and curve-to-blocky transitions.
can I do basic blocks for something that isn't better future please-

Regardless, I got a block functional, however am waiting for getting other ones working before RELEASE

Cloud

Sep 20, 2017
On a tree
Just let him do his own thing. Don't push your luck.