Seth's blocks but it features DarkLight

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Thread for me blocks, mainly for DarkLight which goes by the following underneath, this used to be purely for DL but now i'm making not DL stuff so uh yeah here's the DL stuff you actually came here for.

DarkLight is a futuristic space pirate corp thing, in a nutshell they tend to steal technologies from peoples and corps and probably cats and sneks too and refine them with their own technology, kinda allowing them to have near anything in terms of blocks, currently i'm struggling a bit with balance (mainly in the cost of the blocks) especially with the stuff i have to balance my thing to being LK and TAC, . They're also erm, pirates so their block costs are x5 instead of x3, this can be blamed on GSO. who let them have portal and dimensional technology again-

It's lacking lore wise, but in a nutshell for new lore, they're a horrible faction morality wise and are worryingly efficient with their structure of the faction

Functionally they got a ton of blocks and such, allowing for lots of variety for techs, but they're also rather costly, and unlike TAC and LK, they have the cost multiplier from x3 to x5 for further encouraging crafting and not for extra health or whatever the heck the lemons are doing, making them more expensive, probably causing people or enemies to overestimate them and causes enemies to be stronger while you're using DL techs (since they spawn based on your current tech's cost.)

i think i accidentally repeated stuff but that's kinda it for now

have a picture of some DL blocks and the Dropbox link (Will become redundant as DL is being forced to make a move on to official modding because block injector died with the new unstable)

Trello Linko for me modded stuff

2020-05-16 13_32_44-TerraTech.png

please report any bugs you may have with darklight blocks and their download or suggestions for DarkLight blocks to here, but generally discussion of things should be in the terratech discord
don't expect me to rapid fire these things out, i'm a beginner modder and a rather slow one at that

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
These two will have their oldest one removed once this post starts hitting the letter limit
(Is also a reserved post for 2nd part of op)
List of bug fixes thingys i guess:
May 6: Immediately had to make the ".json" folder to just "json" so that macs wouldn't stop them from being inaccessible, thanks Legionite
May 16: 4 Wide Spike Slope UV fix
June 5: Fixed a dead AP and wrong naming on Brudger Medium Tall Corner Block

List of block/corp updates:
May 6: Initial public release, includes 14 Brudger blocks
May 8: Brudger Blocks besides the 1x1x1 one have proper center of mass now, corner ones have them at this kind of spot so do consider that when building (Reupdated again so that the Compacto4 actually HAS the Center of Mass too)

2020-05-08 18_44_38-TerraTech.png
May 12: Brudger Spike Slopes Release
May 16: Allowed block suggestions on this thread
May 22: Duoc Wheeler Release
June 5: Arcis Dual Cannon Release

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Dropbox link
it might be needed for users to make a folder for the DL stuff to go in if they don't download the entire thing
But anyways, alongside that link is a new set of sloped blocks, that can stab, and deal actual damage
it was kind of a nightmare to get the collisions to work, the hitboxes of the spikes where they damage is rather wonky but i suppose it's a part of balancing, and i also just wanted to get these out, either some corners or a wheel will come out next.
2020-05-12 21_01_57-TerraTech.png

Please report any issues with these, the previous blocks, or the download link here, also downloads are going to the dropbox that i'll probably only use for TT stuff now
@ flan did i do a good this time with these

chomnpk
2020-05-12 17_29_33-TerraTech.png

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
DarkLight Duoc Wheeler
DLDuocWheeler.png

A 2 wide technically two high wheel that turns cabs into gyros that can drive quite wheel. However since its my first time making a wheel the balancing might not be as good as the basic blocks (may be a bit overpowered on accident) and its quite expensive for a small wheel and has like, 1 AP but its a really nice wheeler

Now your DarkLight techs can have actual wheels, however due to technical issues (the suspensions KEPT ON GOING IN THE WRONG PLACES AND LEANING TO THE RIGHT DANGIT BUMPER WHEEL-) and since the wheel barely shifts up and down anyways, the suspension is part of the base. Still i hope you people enjoy this block
EXAMPLE TECH, IS A SNAPSHOT, DOWNLOAD FOR DUOC WHEELER IS IN THE DROPBOX IN OP
DLDuocExample.png

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
And now for a cab that refuses to turn its headlights off because its in Better Future
But uhh, Micro Bunker Cab because the LK one's called the bunker cab
DLBunkerCab.png
Bunker cab lad, doesn't have gun or wheel and is as heavy as a 2 slope, but has like double the durability of a Brudger One Block and looks like it unintentionally belongs in some vaporwave thing
2020-05-26 16_51_49-TerraTech.png
why are all these techs flat-
Download's in the Dropbox (Cabs folder), Make sure to update the textures if you didn't when you installed this

As for more important matters I gotta get a ton of corner slopes out sometime soon

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Corner slopes are out, idk how good their balancing is i just went with 400 hp per cell since not alot of APs (having more would've probably reduced it by a good chunk or affect the weight back to Brudger standards)
that's kinda it
no fancies, they go in the brudger part if you're just downloading it and not all of brudger or all of DL
but here's a pic
20200529210910_1.jpg
If you go looking in the files too don't mind their oddities i had to swap the Rs and Ls in the block names last second thanks to realizing that late ._.

Last edited:

buch88own

grumpy old man probably
Apr 1, 2017
And now for a cab that refuses to turn its headlights off because its in Better Future
But uhh, Micro Bunker Cab because the LK one's called the bunker cab
View attachment 32567
Bunker cab lad, doesn't have gun or wheel and is as heavy as a 2 slope, but has like double the durability of a Brudger One Block and looks like it unintentionally belongs in some vaporwave thing
View attachment 32568
why are all these techs flat-
Download's in the Dropbox (Cabs folder), Make sure to update the textures if you didn't when you installed this

As for more important matters apart from getting help from other people than Rafs now I gotta get a ton of corner slopes out sometime soon
getting big doctor strange dormammu vibes from this. that and ender dragon (upside down for both)

Reactions: Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
First off, bug fix for the Brudger Medium Tall Corner Block's JSON, its name is now fixed and it no longer has a dead AP, you only need to update the json for it

Second off, Now available on the Dropbox is..

DarkLight Arcis Dual Cannon
DLArcis.png
20200605193707_1.jpg

A Plasma cannon weapon with a base damage of 400 (275 from the bullet itself) and a DPS of 200, anymore and it would've been comparable to the Megaton (somehow), however this base damage won't be too active thanks to it being Plasma so 600 or 800 (DPS 300 or 400) is more expected when it hits non-shield or standard type blocks, also there's explosion so it has a rather small AoE and of the 6 cells it takes up, the back top one isn't actually taken.
The main downsides are the large amount of cells being used and major lack of horizontal turning, the slow rotation at that, a very small AoE effect, and that you cannot have it right up against blocks higher or at the same(maybe) vertical than it or it may have issues not exploding on itself, however it is still a very solid weapon.

As for the next block(s) to be made, it hasn't been decided on but models for corner slopes that transition to basic blocks, inverted corner slopes and blocks that are effectively better Attachment Point projectors (not literally projecting an AP but a platform with an AP but only a single AP one that's 4 tall exists) do exist so those have a higher chance.
But I may go for another type of block for diversity (still missing blocks in Accessory, Power, Manufacturing, and Flight. This also includes a secondary main Weapon type, Danmaku)

Alright go have fun with the gun some people have been bothering me with asking when it'll come out i think my memory isn't the best-

also worried if its still underpowerered or overpowered

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
What happens when DarkLight makes a radar? Why you make it overkill of course

DarkLight Scouter Radar
DLScouterRadar.png
It's a radar, same range as Hawkeye, a whole lot more expensive, and 2 cells big, but durable, i probably badly messed up the balancing but at least there's decent lore and it isn't using the Brudger as a base FOR ONCE

20200609204916_1.jpg

It's on the trello go have fun with this overkill looking radar

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
This link will be both here and on the op since looking any further than the first post is too much for some people

There's a DarkLight Trello, for all the stupid ideas i got for the corp alongside being able to properly suggest stuff (unless you don't have a trello account) and the current idea stuff doesn't go into that much detail on their blocks. Also it's an offsite link so there's that.

Trello Linko

Reactions: Enderjed

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Update timo, Duoc and Triox have been updated to be considered rubber type- wait what do you mean the Triox isn't available?

DarkLight Triox Tanker Wheeler
DLTrioxTankerWheeler.pngit's literally too long to properly fit

the hecking forum won't allow me to reset the color so you get lightgrey..

It's a big wheel, high health kinda lower than compacto 4, very stronk in terms of carry weight to speed, balancing is just questionable in general, so i'm putting this out here regardless (should be able to hold medium/heavy tanks up well with the caterpillar style that the Wheelers use.) It's also rather sensitive to hitting the ground meaning it'll often take damage if you go a bit too rough with your movement
It's a pretty nice wheel tho, big boi for your big bois, though with a wonky hitbox for the wheel, if you downloaded this before this post came out, update the block.

2020-06-13 15_54_02-TerraTech.png
heylookatthis2bunkercablight

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Hey look a battery which i honestly question its balancing since i tried a fragile (not really heavy since its only a bit higher than DL's normal amount) but high capacity thing.. and idk how to balance batteries that well but it looks really neat
DarkLight Pulse Battery
DLPulseBattery.png
It's a battery, with low amounts of APs and health, decent weight since Brudger blocks have 2 mass per cell and this has 6.5, but 2k per cell capacity (BF has like 1875 per cell or something) and *somewhat* cheap its cheaper than the other modded ones hopefully, basically its an inbetween of BF and HE but heavier and higher capacity or something

20200616173354_1.jpg

This is the first block of the first power wave for DL, next up is a bubble and a generator, then Hejo (see trello for what i'm actually speaking about)

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Here's a competitor to the Iron Rind, i guess, idk it's its its it's own thing and accidentally looks like a shrine
DarkLight Heavy Bunker Projector

DLHeavyBunkerProjector.png

"Considered as one of the most powerful projectors out there, this SCU infused combined shield/repair projector is capable of taking very hard hits and still standing. Thanks to the SCU parts, it's able to slow the shut down sequence considerably at the cost of boot up speed.. and it being VERY costly." (Lore not included here it's quite long)

This is a powerful boi. Very durable, large range (smaller than iron rind and light barrier but still), slow but powerful repair pulses, in the middle of power consumption from blocking shots with mentioned blocks in (), and the main feature of massively delaying turning the thing off at the cost of taking like half a century to turn it on.

Hopefully it's balanced its like 28k base bb

20200621104453_1.jpg

The ball would spin but the game has a stroke if i try to do that for some reason

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Here's a really heavy generator thing that can somehow keep up with a bunker projector like just barely
Update the texture stuffs there's red and blue now
DarkLight Flarz Generator
DLFlarzGenerator.png
It just, is a generator that'll work after like 5 seconds of being anchored, it's pretty durable but really heavy and lacking bottom APs for obvious reasons.. this thing works at night.. But it's still far less effective than 4 GSO solar panels (thanks to cheap) and tries to crash your PC with some particles. Cap's supposed to spin but the spin machine broke and exploded on me so i apparently can't do spinners
20200623132154_1.jpg

As a reference to the next planned block, try to dodge this

20200623125619_1.jpg

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
2020-06-23 15_20_21-TerraTech.png

Quick Update: i now actually learned how to spinner so there's updates for the last two posted blocks so far, BF's radar doesn't allow false autospin like how BF doesn't allow lights off
Hejo will come out in uh eventually :tm:

Reactions: Galrex