Serious bugs

Redlegdaddy

Jan 10, 2017
I am experiencing hovers turning off above a certain height as well as building turning off above a certain height. Any idea what could be causing this?

Edit-Tried a new game and still can not build or even select other techs above a certain height. This basically breaks the game for me, I guess I will sit here and hope it gets fixed. I can not play with the game as it is currently.

Edit 2-System restart somehow fixed the issues XD. Thanks for the response Geo jump!

Last edited:

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
At what height are these issues occurring? And which version are you playing? And what mods (if any) do you have on your game? The devs can fix this issue much more easily with this kind of info.

Bear in mind that hovers can only lift the tech so high. They literally are designed to keep the tech floating a short distance from the ground. The only way a hovercraft can go any higher is with adjustment thrusters, and by that point it’s flying, not hovering. Also, hovers have a hard time going up steep hills without adjustment thrusters. Could this be the issue you’re encountering?

Also, I’m not sure what you mean by “building turning off above a certain height.” Is there an altitude your at where you are no longer able to place blocks? Are you building a tech that’s so tall it’s hitting the build limit? Might your issue just be that you can place blocks only so far away from yourself? If it’s an altitude issue, at what altitude does the problem start? Because if you’re flying miles above the ground, I’m not sure why you’d care to build stuff so high, or even why you care to fly so high, with nothing to do up there. However, if it’s only a few meters above the ground, this would be a very serious issue.

Redlegdaddy

Jan 10, 2017
The height is about 5, the current stable version, no mods. I understand how hovers work, they are supposed to still work above height 5. Additionally, Hovers stop working above height 5 when they are part of a hover bug which is not supposed to happen. Building turning off is just that, you can no longer place blocks on a tech, at all. I am not building above the build limit, and I should be able to build onto a tech that is 5 blocks high and anchored to a hill XD. Just conducted a full system restart, maybe that will fix the issues but I am at a loss as to why it would.