selling blocks

Eduardo Kopik

Jun 18, 2016
is it just me, or is anyone not capable of selling blocks with the delivery cannons (or putting them on conveyors at all)? I can't find anything about it in the update logs of 0.6, unless it was something form the unstable branches that they forgot to put in the logs for the stable version.

I can only sell them at the trading stations, but it is really boring to put in the blocks one by one. I liked the way we could set up a manufacturing plant to get the maximum profit out of the resources we collect, but it can be no longer automated if this is an actual change to the game.
I guess it would be neat to have the factory producing the blocks you need and putting them in the SCU, but it does not work if we can't use conveyors to put them in it in the first place.

P

Pink Kitty

Haven't been able to sell block through delivery cannons for a while now.

Check the patch notes for a few versions back.

Eduardo Kopik

Jun 18, 2016
Haven't been able to sell block through delivery cannons for a while now.

Check the patch notes for a few versions back.
oh it's in the unstable branch 0.6.0.2
but do you know why they did that? specially the conveyor thing, it was nice to move blocks with conveyors

Sleepcakes

Nov 2, 2015
A place with beds and bakeries
oh it's in the unstable branch 0.6.0.2
but do you know why they did that? specially the conveyor thing, it was nice to move blocks with conveyors
Apparently the plan with block transportation is to have conveyors only take resources, while parts will use scrap magnets (and possibly other things they haven't revealed yet).

Since the delivery cannons technically are conveyor parts, I guess it makes sense you can't sell blocks with them.

Eduardo Kopik

Jun 18, 2016
Apparently the plan with block transportation is to have conveyors only take resources, while parts will use scrap magnets (and possibly other things they haven't revealed yet).

Since the delivery cannons technically are conveyor parts, I guess it makes sense you can't sell blocks with them.
but it's so sad that we can no longer make automated manufacturing plants, now we have to take all the blocks by hand, that kinda sucks

P

Pink Kitty

No you don't. no more than before at least, and after the next crafting update it'll be better still.

To automate:
Setup a ring of conveyors.
Attach your fabbers via filter conveyors.
find the recipe of what you want to make.
set the two inputs of the correct fabber to those resources.
Add resources.
out pops stuff.

if you want to change, just change the filters.
Done.