Selective filtering issues

MacFunk

Ive been trying to filter only useable resources to the mobile generator while shooting the rest off in space.

I try to set a filter feeding into my generator that allows only refined resources.

I cant seem to get the correct concept or layout for what i want to do.
V is filter, x is conveyor
Generator
V
X V cannon.
X
X
Refinery
X receiver

The flow of resources doesnt go the way i want. I can set the filter feeding into the cannon to alloys But it wont allow the rubber to go through. But if i set it to anything else the fuel goes through to the cannon.
Thanks
Mac

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
personally,
I use the generators between the refinery and the cannon as they grab what they can use and let everything else pass,

but when the filter update arrives then we can set for fuel, but do not know if it can be set to accept all but fuel

MacFunk

The unusable resources pass through the generator as if it were a conveyor belt?
Cannon
X
Generator
X
Refinery

Or does generator off to the side of a conveyer grab the needed items?

Last edited:

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
the generators only grab the resources they can burn if they are not burning a resource at the moment
and it is more like
cannon
X
Xgenerator
X
refinery

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I use the generators between the refinery and the cannon as they grab what they can use and let everything else pass
Clever. This works - but you obviously sell any fuel that passes through while the Generator is burning something.
but when the filter update arrives then we can set for fuel, but do not know if it can be set to accept all but fuel
All fuel = yes.
All but fuel = you'd need multiple filters to achieve this.

With the crafting update - Generators will constantly be calling for resources they can burn (without wasting excess energy) so this process becomes a little simpler. It'll be more about filtering off your fuels (refined if you want to be fancy) into a silo that the Generator can call from.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
this how I find the v2 crafting to work, ie have a large loop of resources circling with the fabs/generators on the loop grabbing what they want as it passes, but I usually just use a long conveyer line starting at receivers, then go to refineries, then past filters to the most important fabs (eg l5 for megas, l3 for wireless chargers,l2 for generators) with the filters set to the resource wanted for the fab production, then feed to the generators (typically build up to approx 8 on both sides of the conveyer, then comes the delivery cannons (again typically 4-8), with most of the base structure being batteries collected from invaders/missions/critters,
and with the v3 crafting cumming sometime, this will change

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
this is typical of my crafting bases at present with the v2 crafting system, basecrafterv21.png
at the bottom, it unloads the harvesters, conveyers move the resources up to the refining level (and at the end of the offloading conveyer is a filter for refined resources so it can not clog up, then in the refined conveyer it passes the filters that grab the resources needed for the vital production fabs (l5 megas, l3 wireless chargers, l2 mobile generators), then moves the remaining resources up to the misc production/generating/sell level where the refined resources are sent past each of the different level fabs for misc production, with the excess again passing the string of generators(and if the structures batteries are full the gens do not actually burn the fuel or even grab them) and finally getting to the delivery cannons to sell