See you over the horizon

Django

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi all,

It's time to break some sad news to you. I will be leaving Payload Studios soon. I've been working on TerraTech for 3 years now and it is time for me to go on a new adventure.
It has been a great experience working with the team and seeing the community so involved with the game. We've accomplished some great things and there will be much more to come.

---

Now that the hard stuff is over, here are are some parting gifts from me to you.

I present to you the EXPTrotter3.
A lightweight, fast and perfectly balanced vehicle for traversing any kind of terrain. Unparalleled in navigation, this is the culmination of 3 years of design iteration following balance changes and new blocks.
WASD controls are setup for driving, with full use of all available axis of motion: Boosters, PGUP/DN for lift, ARROWS for pitch and roll and QE to strafe. This is the tech; I use it ALL the time.
Note the front slots fit 2 cruise missiles perfectly and don't do much to disrupt the balance. I just prefer running it light.
EXPTrotter3.png

Then there are times where all you want is speed. Fast, responsive speed. And what's better than speed?
Super speed.
I present to you SuperJet.
A Micro compact design for maximum speed in a straight line. Steering takes some practice.
SuperJet.png

And then I added a few new sliders.
1574695786459.png

That's right the increase in draw distance is coming to PC! You'll be able to see much farther than before, as well as control how much detail and shadow you like in the distance to tailor your experiences to your machine. Expect this in the next unstable! Capture2.PNG

Django

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Looking back on my time here, I thought it would be fun to share with you a few of the things I've worked on - in various states of development and prototypes:

Prototype missiles

Explosive bolts

Dropper conveyor

Autominer

Articulated suspension (See version 1 of EXPTrotter is that old!)

Django

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Race Tracks

Tech control menu

World treadmill (for those long time players - remember the glitchy shadows over 5k units from origin?)

And then finally - what is TerraTech without some creative fun!

See - by now you've completely forgotten about the original topic

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, dude! When I saw the thread title I hoped it was *just* a horizon change teaser...
loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png

Heh. So long and thanks for all the fish! And by 'fish' I mean game code an game code fixes.:cool:

Send us a postcard from your new adventures, or come back and give us a forum status update, or something.;)

Best wishes! And I hope the team give you a good send-off! :)

Seth_Seth

Possibly trying to get himself to play TT
I haven't really been keeping up with what's happening to TT recently besides modded content, but i wasn't expecting another dev to leave