Search for pillars!

Discussion in 'Open' started by Nightblade Greyswandir, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Is there volunteers to help me search map (with seed that we decide) for Pillar biome? At least four of us, each take one quadrant of map (NE, SE, SW, NW).

More people more fun :)

2. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Most Ingenious

Sure why not.

Although from what I have heard/read on here as of late regarding the terrain, it may well change on us from update to update and would require a new search each update.

Would this be a creative or campaign save? Would we be limited in what we can build to search with?

3. Nightblade Greyswandir

What would you like?

4. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether Member Beta Deluxe

I have a seed with a pillars biome! You want it?

Edit: Creative mode would be the most efficient method of finding a pillars biome.

5. Nightblade Greyswandir

Well, I started new campaign with only goal to find pillar biome.
    Seed: InSearchForPillarsAdventure
    South "draw the shortest straw", so I will go 10.000 in S direction as first, then I will decide what next. All along I will play normal game, just that after each set of missions in one trading station I will go to the next southern trading station instead of staying around one place.

You can watch it on Twitch on my channel, I made streams to stay for 14 days, so you can watch it any time.

My initial suggestion to share one map and to try to find pillars stays, and we can play it and stream it as collaboration game.

Masakari likes this.
  6. Masakari

Well I can't stream due to my ISP crap upload speed (765 kb). I loathe making any videos for the Com Core also due to this as it takes me over an hour for just a couple minute video (but I like making complex things that require them....sigh).

I'll take the north west quadrant.

Also you have the coords for the trading station mission so we can use that as the starting point?

7. The Grand Teki

The Grand Teki Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe UESO

Is your ISP charging you a lot for slow internet or is there no faster "bundle"?

8. Nightblade Greyswandir

Go north-west. Better use 0,0 as starting point. It does not matter if it is trading station or not.
    BTW I found first pillar biome on 1000,-6000... ccc... if I saw something is impossible I will be first to do it, I just have to spell PILLARS properly :D
    Keep searching on north side. It will be interesting to see how many we will find.

9. Masakari

Well being in Alaska they claim it costs more for the infrastructure to have the lines for internet access. The prices are just about the same for all ISPs last I saw.

Costs me around 132 dollars per month....$80 for the 10 mb down/765 kb up and $50 for unlimited gigs other wise I would have a 50 gig limit......which gaming and watching YouTube eats that up in no time at all.

Used to have 1 mb down when I first got it.....god those days just utterly sucked for updating games on here as some had gigs to the update (hours to a day sometimes). Then they got rid of the 1 mb speed and replaced it with 2, and forgot to tell us. I then got the 10 mb for IIRC 10 extra which brought the base cost to what it is now ($80 plus taxes/fees :rolleyes:) and the unlimited was a promotional thing when I got that ($50) and figured it was better than paying $200-$300 again for going over the 50 gig limit. Now it's $80 or something for my current speed level. All just a bunch of bull but as there are very few here that provide in my area.....*shrugs*.

Sometimes I hate Alaska......but it's better than the rest of the country atm it sounds like.....all the violence and weather and whatnot.

Will do.

10. The Grand Teki

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh... (I can't write good essays like you or other people, sorry :()
    ...And Mr. Trumpet.

11. Masakari

No need to be sorry. Some of us ramble on, some don't and get their point across more eloquently and succinct with less words. I tend to be the first of the two. I try not to but when I start, things just come out and I keep typing.

Did not want to reply to this.....

Really wish you would not bring politics into this as that was not part of the whatnot I was referring to. I wrote a whole essay to reply to this......but I don't want to deal with the headache and hassle that politics brings which it always does as there is always arguing/yelling/fighting from both sides as they each try to show the other why they are wrong and they are right.

Just don't bring that into the forums anymore please. It's not welcomed as it has no place here.

12. Nightblade Greyswandir

Smart!

13. The Grand Teki

I didn't want to bring politics here, I just mentioned him :(

14. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Was the seed started in 0.7.6.3 unstable or 0.7.6 Stable (yes it will make a difference) As I too would like to participate in the search effort.

Masakari likes this.
  15. Nightblade Greyswandir

I started in unstable... but my game just broke. And I have to start map from zero.
    So for now there is one Pillar biome that is around 6000 south. I will keep South-East as I already have this one.
    Zed you are welcome to pick up north east or south west.

16. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Found in NE: 3800,5200

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sadly, this savegame is also broken (Will not player complete the Striking out mission because none of the trade stations will ever give missions. Checked for 5 day cycles in a row.)

Attached Files:

17. Masakari

I had the same issue (went to the marked TS drove circles around it. even rammed it a couple times out of frustration) and was gonna go try a new one when one of these chunk hard transitions happened (clearing out any enemies, violently shaking my tech), thought "hmm....I wonder..." and decided to try the marked TS behind me again. It worked and I was able to finish the quest.

So from that experience (mind you it's only this one time with a new game save for this collab thing we are doing) It seems to me that the unity update that has caused this new bug to happen is also affecting the missions. I say this due to several missions when I went there (including the radar one at start. The marker/target was sooo far from the impact crater) the target was nowhere near its location. As I went towards it, it disappeared from in front of me and went back to it's placed position and was able to finish.

18. Masakari

I know it was not meant to offend and was just in jest. But I've been hearing sooo much about it (politics) for years now from both sides and it just grates on my nerves. One reason why I have not really been involved in any of the kingdoms on here (even if its just role-play). I love watching YouTube and when I'm laughing from what I'm watching they make a comment (politics) and I stop laughing immediately and hover over that X to close to see if they continue with it. I'm just tired of hearing about it in any form.

Politics are just a vulgar and disgusting cesspool right now and have been for sooo long as I can remember (20 plus years) and I know they have been for longer than that. Even more so this past decade as the other major divider of the country (race) was added to the cesspool and is still adding fuel to the fire.

I just don't want to see it corrupt this friendly and fun forum as it will if it gets a foothold. I know the mods and devs would stop it asap once it gets too toxic (as it would very quickly as it's probably the fastest topic that does) but if it doesn't start up, then that's even better.

This is just my opinion and feelings on this and in no way reflects anyone else on here. It's was also not an attack on you and if you saw and felt it was I apologize for that as I did not mean for it to be that.

19. The Grand Teki

Totally understandable, I don't like politics too. I didn't see it as an attack, it's perfectly fine :)

harpo99999 and Masakari like this.
  20. Masakari

Finally was able to get a scout plane up and flying and did a few passes up to 10k north and found a couple of rather large fields of Pillars during my second pass north. I'd say each one spans about 1km in area. The second one probably more.

Also found some massive salt-flats and ice fields along the way.

My main land tech is south from these pictures sitting next to a trade station and the plane that you are in control of. The plane is fairly well balanced and will take off with a slight ascent angle with no interaction other than to press shift for the twin booster engine and a relatively flat area which is nearby. Glides very well but does require slight taps on W to maintain the glide slope otherwise the nose will whip up. Extremely responsive so be careful.

There is a bully mission along the path back to it so I would suggest keeping an eye on the radar and avoid it if you want to do that mission later.

Game save down below if you want to check it out. Current unstable version 0.7.6.3 Seems i got lucky in being able to save.

First one is at around -1300, 6000 heading north.
    20170813152132_1.jpg

Second one is around -2400,6000 and is located over the ice field on the left side of the first picture.
    20170813152715_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 1:19 AM