• Needs changing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it’s a terrible idea

• Eh, i don’t mind it

• Total voters

Epic afdc

Now, I have a wonderful idea. screw propulsion!
The basic concept is a wheel block that lets you move in most directions, forwards, backwards, and side to side (strafing) these things will also make techs amphibious (If water gets added in)
Each Corp will have their own version(s) of these screws!
GSO
gso will have 2 versions of screws. GSO mini screws: these screws are quite small, useful for very small techs that need some maneuverability and amphibious capabilities. This block is (2x1x1) and it’s top speed is about 40 mph. The ground clearance is about half a block (0.5 meter)
GSO mega screws: these screws are great for medium sized techs, they can carry a fair bit of weight. They are (4x2x3) and they are capable of speeds up to 40 mph. Their ground clearance is one block (1 meter)
GEOCORP
GEOCORP giga screws: these are the largest screws on the market, they have insane torque and grip, they can carry a huge amount of weight as well. They are (8x4x4) and they shuffle about at a sluggish 25 mph. Their ground clearance is 2 blocks (2 meters)
GEOCORP compact screws: these screws are more compact than the giga screws, but their torque and grip is nothing to be scoffed at. They are (4x2x3) and they have 1.5 blocks (1.5 meters) of ground clearance

Venture
Venture drill screws: these are the fastest screws available on the market. They are (4x1x1) and they are capable of speeds up to 70 mph. They also have a fender with additional attachment points, for mounting them on the underside of the tech, or mounting weapons on. The ground clearance is 0.8 blocks (0.8 meters)

HAWKEYE
Hawkeye heavy screws: these are the most durable screws in the market, the may not be the fastest or the grippiest, but they are maneuverable and tough. They are (4x2x2) and they have a heavily armored fender encasing most of the screw, leaving only the left side to be visible, and giving this thing loads of attachment points for all your glorious cruise missiles. This thing is capable of speeds up to 50 mph. The ground clearance is 2 blocks (2 meters)
BETTER FUTURE
BETTER FUTURE ring screws: these screws are painfully mediocre, but they look so coooool, the center of the screw is hollow, allowing for lighter weight than most screws. This screw is (4x1x1) and tops out at 55mph. This block has 1 block (1 meter) of ground clearance

Well those were my ideas, I might make a separate thread for screws for the unreleased corps, if people like the idea of these strange propulsion mechanisms

Epic afdc

I’ve decided to put in the unreleased corps in here, instead of putting a new thread up. So here we go!
Space Junkers
heavy plated screws: these screws are strong and slow. They are slightly faster than Geocorp and slightly weaker than Hawkeye. The screws are also serrated, so when strafing or running over an enemy, it does a fair bit of damage. (4x2x2) this block has a 1 block ride height. They shuffle along at a decent 30 mph.

RETICULE RESEARCH
laser screws!!: these screws are rather swift and lightweight. They also have screw blade thingies with lasers sticking out, making them able to cut through techs like a thousand hot knives through butter! Careful though, it seems that whoever designed these forgot to put in the friendly tech safety, so you can damage friendly techs with these... (4x1x1) their ride height is about .5 blocks and their top speed is about 60 mph
Leigon
I honestly don’t really have any ideas for this one. Feel free to leave your ideas in the comments!

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
I really like Screw Propulsion, so I proposed it originally to the Junkers, it has a retro feeling to it, while it also sounds creative.

I don't think Screws themselves fit Legion so much, but they can have omni-directional wheels (mainly mecanum wheels), it even fits one of the proposals in their concepts by Kris. I like the weaponized Reticule screws! I would never have thought of dangerous wheels for them (but I love sphere wheels) haha nice ;)

Epic afdc

Thank you all for liking this idea, I appreciate it immensely!

XJetfireX

Heavy-duty military engineer
Sounds really cool! Also, about omni-directional wheels... Spherical wheels would also be good (Remember these cars from "I, Robot" film?) =)

Epic afdc

Sounds really cool! Also, about omni-directional wheels... Spherical wheels would also be good (Remember these cars from "I, Robot" film?) =)
I’ve never seen the movie, but I know what you’re talking about