School of Block - How we add new blocks to TerraTech

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Speaking of blocks, I have been working on a mod with ways to improve the Class-D Laser, most of which include a burst-gun like salvo of fast, weaker projectiles in the place of the slow and impractical single shot.
It also deals a small radius of splash damage and actually looks decent.
20190926153326_1.jpg

Looks a lot more menacing and feels like a laser, although I still haven't figured out how to make the laser projectile bigger.
20190926175432_1.jpg

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Feel free to use this thread to discuss any topics covered in the blog.
Related, but only mentioned in a streams (I think): could you give us fans some direct insight into what you guys found with the block use survey? (@Dave? I think.)

Might we see the raw data? What conclusions have you drawn from it and in what ways will it inform development?

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Related, but only mentioned in a streams (I think): could you give us fans some direct insight into what you guys found with the block use survey? (@Dave? I think.)

Might we see the raw data? And what conclusions have you drawn from it and in what ways will it inform development?
I second this. I'd be very very interested to see this data, too.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Might we see the raw data? What conclusions have you drawn from it and in what ways will it inform development?
Do you mean the Player Survey 2019? We'll be keeping the outcome/results internal.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Do you mean the Player Survey 2019?
:confused: No. I mean the analysis Dave was running of how much each block type is used by players, in workshop techs (and/or Twitter, I don't know).

What's come of that? It sounded interesting and I'm curious how it might inform design decisions, given that players don't necessarily use blocks because they are objectively good (trends and superficial qualities, campaign availability, etc).

I'd been thinking of starting a new thread to ask about it, but it kinda fit in here (ish).

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
:confused: No. I mean the analysis Dave was running of how much each block type is used by players, in workshop techs (and/or Twitter, I don't know).

What's come of that? It sounded interesting and I'm curious how it might inform design decisions, given that players don't necessarily use blocks because they are objectively good (trends and superficial qualities, campaign availability, etc).

I'd been thinking of starting a new thread to ask about it, but it kinda fit in here (ish).
I'm still not sure what analysis you're referring to. To save me re-watching the stream do you have a link to the time stamp where we talk about it?

Website
www.youtube.com
I'm still not sure what analysis you're referring to. o save me re-watching the stream do you have a link to the time stamp where we talk about it?
Wut. Have you decided it's supposed to be secret now or was I hallucinating...? It was first, properly, mentioned weeks/months ago (things have been moving slowly over summer). Pretty sure there was talk of having block use frequency in a spreadsheet. I don't really want to go scouring back through video either... If he doesn't know from this description then I've totally lost it and give up.:(

Edit: e.g. as mentioned by Kae here:
They were way underused according to our analytics

Last edited: