Save & Quit button

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zudakas, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Zudakas

Zudakas Well-Known Member

Hey, I love the ability to name my saves and all of that ... but ... could we maybe get a save & quit button?

Anyone else play for a couple hours, quit their game and lose everything?

FoxVulpe and Boomik like this.
  2. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member

Agreed. Haven't made that mistake yet, but i did notice the absence of that option.
    I'd also like a 'save and quit to desktop' option.

Zudakas and harpo99999 like this.
  3. Zudakas

yup, a quit to desktop would be nice. A simple way would be to add a button on the quit dialogue, so it was like Quit to Menu, Quit to Desktop or Cancel.

So basically, 2 buttons, Quit without saving and Save & Quit. both with the menu, desktop, or cancel options would be ideal.

Masakari, Pink Kitty and Boomik like this.
  4. ilikegoodfood

ilikegoodfood Well-Known Member

It's late over here so this is a very crude mock-up, but this should be roughly what you're all after:

Mockup.jpeg

Masakari, Zudakas, Legionite and 3 others like this.
  5. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member

This.

6. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

I would like a manual save button for campaign and an exit without saving button, or be able to toggle autosave.

Masakari likes this.
  7. ilikegoodfood

Currently there is a manual save and a quit option, but there is now no save and quit option and people are forgetting to save first, as it used to be save and quit only.
    The mock-up above is for after you press quit. You still have the manual save on the pause menu, but if you hit quit, it then gives you the options to quit, quit to desktop, save and quit, save and quit to desktop or cancel if you hit the button by mistake.
    In doing so, it also prevents the loss of game-play progress by accidentally hitting the quit button.

8. Zudakas

Exactly! I lost an hours worth of progress because I forgot it doesn't save on quit anymore.
    Also, yes please! This would be perfect.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    ilikegoodfood likes this.
  9. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Most Ingenious

This has been brought up a couple times already (by me as one of those people) and for some reason they don't want to add it which makes no sense as the R&D and creative have this already which should be simple to add to the campaign.

The autosave has screwed me many times in campaign as there is no visual indicator telling you WHEN it saves, lack of interval options for the autosaving, and it seems that the autosave starts up soon as you press Load to start a gamesave which also compounds the problem as I believe @Pink Kitty said that the AI starts up before you can do anything, which if you were in the middle of a battle you get screwed as you can't fight back for precious seconds.

Maybe have a 'Save and Continue' option too? Sometimes I want to keep playing and not have to reload to continue playing.

10. ilikegoodfood

As I explained to @JimmyBlether :
    So you would still have the Save option on the main pause menu.

11. Masakari

But isn't that only for creative and R&D? I thought the Campaign was only save and quit? Been a while since i played campaign.

12. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

The campaign now only has manual "save" and "quit", no more "save&quit" button

13. Masakari

Oh....hmmm

Has been a while then heh.

14. ifnotthe2nd

ifnotthe2nd Member

A quit to desktop button would be wonderful...

15. Dat Derp

Dat Derp Well-Known Member

Or a togglable option so that every time you press quit it asks you if you want to save.