SAVE GAMES AND SNAPSHOTS FOLDERS MOVED TO NEW LOCATION

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
This is the kind of backup I got:
Is that a Steam library backup of the whole game? I think we've been talking about making manual .zip file backups of the "Snapshots" and "Saves" folders in the game's route directory. I don't know for sure if that backs up the saves too, but you could try restoring it, is so...

I imagine your files are somewhere else on your machine too, so hopefully will be OK for you. Use a good search application to track them down, as Jamie suggests.:)

Jaime

Yeah, try searching for *.png or *.sav files. I dont know if mac uses also such endings. Or you remember a name of a sanpshot you save recentrly and search for that name.
Look for the file path. Maybe you could find the new save location.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've moved this thread to the "Multiplayer" forum section, as it is caused specifically by installing the latest multiplayer build. I didn't originally, as I thought it might get more visibility in the "Unstable" section (people needed to know!). I've left a permanent redirect link from it's original location.

Please advise if this is how the devs would like to organise threads @Adriano, @Sammi. :)

Last edited:

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
saiwun, you do realise that the 'new' location is behind TWO hidden folders and is in an area the computer users (unless they know about the seeing hidden/system folders tricks) will NOT be able to get to.
in my opinion it is better the old(current) way of inside the folder where the game is installed

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
the 'new' location is behind TWO hidden folders and is in an area the computer users (unless they know about the seeing hidden/system folders tricks) will NOT be able to get to.
I'm wondering if this is what is causing @Lyons problem, reported in this thread - please take a look, devs. Steam is giving a "Missing File Privileges" error, apparently after switching to the new MP and back.

And if we're offering feedback on the new save file locations, then yeah, I too would prefer them to be in the old location, where steam takes you to if clicking "Browse Local Files". Fishing about in the various Windows user folders is a right headache. (Of course I'll have a shortcut setup immediately, but for instructing others, etc.)

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
The Snapshots or whatever they are folder is locked so you can't even post your techs

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
My kids and most of friends does not have idea how to find appdata folder, so how they can organize their tech in folders or make backup or post on forum?
This is not good idea. If you want to be like big gaming companies, place this folders in \Documents\My Games\Terratech, like half of my games that store savegames in Documents\My Games, and Documents can be easily moved to another drive not to choke C: drive.
it seam that developers are not gamers in same time :)

It says "folder cannot be found." I tried inputting my Mac username and my steam username.
I haven't been on a Mac in a while so I'm probably wrong, but I think if you right click the Finder icon, there should be an option that sends you straight to the Library folder.

Last edited:

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
ATTENTION MAC USERS
Go to the desktop, press ⌘+⇧+G. The "Go to folder" window will appear, in that window you paste the following: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/

If that doesn't work you have installed steam or TT somewhere else than default.
@saiwun @Zeena
Please redo the instructions a little bit.
EDIT: To get to the unity.Payload.TerraTech folder you do ~/Library/Application Support/unity.Payload.TerraTech/

Last edited:

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
as has already been suggested in the thread, a FAR BETTER location to change the saves/snapshots/crashs/crashlogs is in the 'documents/my games/terratech' area rather than the very hidden (in windows)' appdata/local/roaming/locallow/payload/terrortech' (among computer techs this area is called the appdata smash (please do not add to the pileup))

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
I'm discussing with the code team about whether it's straightforward to change the path to /documents/my games/terratech/
I'd say you do just /documents/terratech/ and skip the "my games" folder.
Also, the library folder you're pointing is hidden by default so you can't access it through finder manually. You have to use the "Go to folder" thing.
That's why you have to do this to find the log file \/
1. In Finder go to Go on the drop down menu, then Go To Folder
2. Enter ~/Library to bring up the Library folder
3. Open the Logs folder, then Unity
4. In here you'll find the Player.log file. That's the output log right there.

Last edited:

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
Maybe we should change it so I can finish updating the game. Please return my privs to open the folders.