SAVE GAMES AND SNAPSHOTS FOLDERS MOVED TO NEW LOCATION

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
After I switched to MP unstable and back to normal unstable.

------------ dev edit
The Steam News release notes have now been updated to explain the change accidentally making its way into the multiplayer build earlier than we planned. Thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/285920/announcements/detail/1666764701472327603
Please refer to the link above on where to find your save files if you intend to switch back to (Un)stable from the Multiplayer branch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud

Good god. I'm hella glad I have automatic updates disabled. Keeping terratech under a quarantine, no updating until I get proof that whatever is wrong with the update has been fixed. I'm also moving and copying my saves and snaps to a different folder, and keeping a second set in a zip.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
Good god. I'm hella glad I have automatic updates disabled. Keeping terratech under a quarantine, no updating until I get proof that whatever is wrong with the update has been fixed. I'm also moving and copying my saves and snaps to a different folder, and keeping a second set in a zip.
this is not automatic update, but switching to Multiplayer that delete savegame and snapshot folders.

Cloud

I know that. I'm saying I'm keeping TT under a no automatic updates quarantine in steam remotely. Also, if you were already in multiplayer does it still delete everything even if you haven't just switched? Because in that case I may be too late..

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
OK!!! WEIRD UPDATE
I switched to MP again to confirm that it delete these folders and that is true.
BUT! I can see techs that where in folder "snapshots" when I am in multiplayer.... so that folder is moved somewhere... as if it is deleted completely I could not see my techs.

SO where they are?????

Jaime

I lost also everything. Countless saves and snapshots.... i cant believe that :( :( :(
When i start TT everything is reseted, must choose a new Game, new Name, everything is gone...

Jaime

Woar, i found them!
Well after i find out that i have 14.759 png on C:/

They are now here:

C:\Users\*User*\AppData\LocalLow\Payload\TerraTech

Phü

Cloud

Apparently when trying to load the game crashes, said by someone else.
Oh wait.
"
  • Load Tech does not work yet. Trying to use it will crash the game." In the steam update thing. HUH. DDDDDDDDDRUMROLL

Jaime

I copyed the Saves and Snapshot Folders back and can load all of them.
Works fine for me.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
so that folder is moved somewhere... as if it is deleted completely I could not see my techs.
There's a "Cache" folder which contains temporary thumbnails of all the techs you've ever had in the "Snapshots" holder, along with the techs themselves (I think) as ".tdc" files. But they should only show up in game if the corresponding snapshot is also present in the other folder...
I copyed the Saves and Snapshot Folders back and can load all of them.
Works fine for me.
...Wait, so where had it moved them to? And do you have them back yourself now, too, @Nightblade Greyswandir?

I've tried direct messaging the TerraTech game Twitter account, as Zeena's been on there over weekends, previously. I don't think private forum messages would be picked up until next week (and I can't see @Adriano on Steam currently). Kris on Discord...?