Saelem's Xenoforge [1.3.7 era]

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
This tech was a fun build. I just wanted a good hovertank and it lead me down a serious physics hole. Turns out you can't just slap hover pads on the bottom of a tank and expect it to perform well. I spent lots of time optimizing this one, and I'm proud of the result. It's a good looking beast. Also available on Steam.

Firebird.png
Name: Firebird
Role: Light Hovertank
Cruising Speed: 89 mph
Maneuverability: It's heavy for its size, so it's a bit sluggish. Turns from the back.
Defense: Full BF shields and repair bubbles, Energy Capacity 61,750
Boost: 1504 capacity, 32 recharge rate, 120 mph for 63 seconds
Offense: 2x Battleship Cannons, 4x Hawkeye Autocannons, 6x Seeker Missile Pods
Features: Energy Meter, Fuel meter, speedometer, radar, boost, repair bubble switch, hover height controller, stabilization computer, Mobile SCU, Sky Anchor, 4x BF Solar Panels, trim gyros
Control Schemes: Hovercraft [Custom]

Generation: 5

Last edited:

Saelem Black

And of course I have to post a new airship. This is a hybrid BF/Venture tech meant as a more maneuverable competitor to the Downburst. It achieves that goal, having much more responsive turning and a slightly higher top speed. It also picks up some defense. It doesn't do as much damage, though.

Solar Flare.png

Name: Solar Flare Corvette
Role: Interceptor
Cruising Speed: 99 mph
Maneuverability: Extreme. Improves upon the Downburst with much sharper ascent and descent. Set lift to 58% for regular operation
Defense: Full Hawkeye shields and repair bubbles, Energy Capacity 45,500
Boost: 564 Capacity, 12 recharge rate. 133 mph for 37 seconds
Offense: 4x Venture Avalanche Missile Launchers
Features: Energy Meter, Fuel Meter, Stabilization Computer, switch on repair bubbles, switch on shields, altimeter, speedometer, radar, trim gyro
Control Schemes: Downburst

Saelem Black

I think you made my point for me, haha. This pitches forward and back 30 degrees whenever you move. I'd never tolerate that in my own designs. To each their own, though. If it works, it works.

Saelem Black

It's amazing that after all this time I never thought to build a vertical take off airplane. I worked with a few different hull shapes, mostly trying to mimic the Harrier jet. Ultimately, I opted for a simple design which fulfilled that role without adding too many bells and whistles. Making a VTOL craft becomes more difficult the heavier it is, especially without using vectored lift, so I did without defensive systems (which are very heavy). This plane eschews defense entirely in exchange for the ability to takeoff without runway space. It is not fast or bristling with weapons, but its aerial performance is rock solid.

Omen.png

Name: Omen
Role: Interceptor and Scout
Cruising Speed: 84 mph
Maneuverability: Handles nicely for a plane. Extremely stable in air and during takeoffs. Vertical Takeoff capable.
Defense: None
Boost: Re-purposed for vertical takeoffs
Offense: 6x Cruise Missiles
Features: Speedometer, Altimeter, Radar, Vertical Takeoff
Control Schemes: Aeroplane

Saelem Black

I decided to add some kind of armament to the Crow. The Raven is a slightly larger version that carries a single Paladin bomb. A great starter plane with a surprisingly powerful weapon. Like it's older bother, the Raven is tiny and easy to build.

Raven.png

Name: Raven
Role: Scout
Maneuverability: Excellent
Offense: 1x Paladin Bomb
Features: Radar

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing
It's amazing that after all this time I never thought to build a vertical take off airplane. I worked with a few different hull shapes, mostly trying to mimic the Harrier jet. Ultimately, I opted for a simple design which fulfilled that role without adding too many bells and whistles. Making a VTOL craft becomes more difficult the heavier it is, especially without using vectored lift, so I did without defensive systems (which are very heavy). This plane eschews defense entirely in exchange for the ability to takeoff without runway space. It is not fast or bristling with weapons, but its aerial performance is rock solid.

View attachment 30690

Name: Omen
Role: Interceptor and Scout
Maneuverability: Handles nicely for a plane. Extremely stable in air and during takeoffs. Vertical Takeoff capable.
Boost: Re-purposed for vertical takeoffs
Offense: 6x Cruise Missiles
Features: Speedometer, Altimeter, Radar, Vertical Takeoff

I found out that the cheap venture boosters are more powerful than the hawkeye small jet.

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing
ah. I thought you mach have put the Hawkeye inside. I really like the design of the hawkeye jets, but the number of engines you need for the plane to be fast is just crazy, where you could use the small ven boosters and reach the same speed with less of them

Saelem Black

I am very excited to present my next tech, the Anvil Heavy Harvester. Like all my designs, I spent a lot of time perfecting it.

The Anvil is an all-up resource processing/selling tech designed to be permanently mobile. The main body collects, refines, and sells resources internally. It also self-charges using dual hawkeye mobile furnace generators. It's also armed with an array of missiles and a pair of Type 45 naval cannons to repel pretty much any tech you'll encounter in campaign.

However, the truly unique thing about the Anvil is that it's a multi-tech. The mining bit at the front is separated by an articulating arm, and can freely move up and down with the terrain. As a result, it always hugs the ground, effectively harvesting rocks and trees no matter the angle of terrain or the approach angle of the tech. It is also wide enough to span the whole wheelbase of the tractor. As a result, you just vacuum the ground. I've built other heavy harvesters before, and even with well optimized wheelbases, you almost always spend a great deal of time backing up and re-positioning, getting hooked on a tree, or bashing your wheels on a stray rock. This design dramatically reduces all of that. The main body can wirelessly charge the mining bit, too, keeping it fully repaired.

Lastly, the mining bit can raise itself for when you want to drive without harvesting. Switch into the mining bit, then switch the hover controller on. The bit will lift up out of the way and you can continue on your way. When you're ready to harvest, do the reverse.

1582089660871.png

1582090193346.png
1582090325366.png

Saelem Black

Attached is an R&D save with the assembled harvester.

Name: Anvil
Role: Heavy Harvester
Cruising Speed: 42 mph
Maneuverability: Poor
Defense: Full Hawkeye shields, Geocorp and Hawkeye repair bubbles. 266,000 Energy Capacity
Offense: 2x Type 45 Naval Cannons, 6x Cluster Missile Launchers
Features: Articulating, powered mining bit (see above post), radar, on-board refining and selling, 2x hawkeye mobile furnace generators, energy meter, speedometer
Control Schemes: Car (default)

Attachments

Saelem Black

I decided I wanted a hoverbike in my lineup. I started making something, and it ended up getting bigger and bigger as I added features, so I started over, aiming for a very small, every quick and agile tech. I ended up with this, the Hornet. I have been having sooo much fun with it. Extremely quick, extremely responsive.

Hornet.png

Name: Hornet
Role: Scout
Cruising Speed: 125 mph
Maneuverability: Extreme
Boost: 38 capacity, 2 recharge rate, 167 mph for ~15 seconds
Offense: 2x Avalanche missile launchers
Features: speedometer, radar, boost, stabilization computer, trim gyro
Control Schemes: Hovercraft [Custom]