SADF

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
SADF corp.png

Special Aviation and defense force
(SADF)

The SADF is a sub-contractor of the Hawkeye corporation (HE). At the difference HE, the SADF doesn't care about stealth, relying on the shock and awe doctrine, using swarms of helicopters techs and armored vehicles to carry out their contracts.

SADF blocks are slightly more durable and heavier than HE blocks. Relying on high and air mobility, the SADF is dedicated on creating more powerful rotor for their fleet. More durable and resistant than the HE rotor series. Being essentially mercenaries, the SADF use a wide array of fairly destructive weapons, but at the difference of many other corporations the SADF is reluctant to use energy weapons, since they don't have the knowledge to create their own series and prefer to buy those weapons from other contractors as Black Lab. Considering this, the SADF produce essentially kinetic and ballistic weapons, ranging from Heavy Machine Guns (HMG) to real battle turrets.

At the moment, the SADF is working on their own manufacturing blocks to achieve their main objective: break free from Hawkeye management for who they shed too much sweat, blood and tears. The SADF has always been on the front line. As mercenaries, the SADF has only one color: Erudian Green.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We can discuss blocks, but I'm free to make or not, I won't do commissions and "give" isn't a proper phrase, if you don't like my blocks, you're free to don't download them.

SADF construction blocks:
1632915790988.png Basic construction blocks

1632915861157.png Slope armour

1632915933791.png Platform blocks

1632916142909.png Armour extension blocks

There are more blocks in the zip here below

Link: SADF Construction Blocks

Last edited:

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
This is just the begining of the block upload, I still have a tone of pictures to take and blocks. I sincerely didn't expected the file size llimitations, and the zipped files will be slightly different. The next release will probably be G1 weapons and the various rotors I made. I would like to seize the occasion to thank the modder community for their help in all aspects. Specially Raf (GreenTech) and Saelem (Black Labs), for their patience with me.

Just wanted to add this,
1633000087351.png

This shows almost 6 months of works and I still need some trouble shooting and previw pictures

Last edited:

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
Very good design and concept, however the bevelling on the blocks seems a little extreme, and might look wierd when making an actual large tech
As Darvin said, it's not in the SADF doctrine, the largest block I made are pretty large and I think they blend well with the rest of my construction blocks.

1632997550852.png

To enforce the swarming doctrine, I tend to make turrets rather than single weapons, so that when building a tech, I imagine what role to assign the said tech, at least for land techs. Helicopter tech tend to emabark smaller, perhaps less powerfull weapons with less recoil. That's the concept behind the SADF.

But, as said earlier, you're free to disagree and don't download them

Last edited:

totally anonymous

Anonymous account for anonymous suggestion spammin
Feb 10, 2021
In an anonymous world of anonymous
nice job, I like the focus on helicopters. I feel like they are under-supported and don't have the same flexibility as other vehicles. I would appreciate some wire-guided missiles, slower than the cruise missile but better maneuverability and damage.
edit, chaff? shoots out a projectile that prox fuses to a missile using random additions to add missile interception and shoots chaff particles?

Last edited:

arl6

Apr 26, 2021
this is SOOOOOO good looking! I also LOVE the chaff/flare ideas. Missles are wayyy to OP right now!

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
I can't sleep, so I wanted to try the google drive generated link to reupload my blocks:

These are the 4 main SADF Cabs from left to right: Armored cab, Long cab, Normal cab, Small cab

armored cab.pngLong cab.pngNormal cab.pngSmall cab.png
Link: SADF Cabs

In order to use them, please find here after the link to the textures:
Link: SADF Textures

Last edited:

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
Are you familiar with autosmooth function in blender? Might help to make cleaner normals for those canopies and get rid of those sharp edges
I did use the autosmooth function in Blender, but had this odd normals on the normal Cab windshield. I might rework it a bit later

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
View attachment 36694

Special Aviation and defense force
(SADF)

The SADF is a sub-contractor of the Hawkeye corporation (HE). At the difference HE, the SADF doesn't care about stealth, relying on the shock and awe doctrine, using swarms of helicopters techs and armored vehicles to carry out their contracts.

SADF blocks are slightly more durable and heavier than HE blocks. Relying on high and air mobility, the SADF is dedicated on creating more powerful rotor for their fleet. More durable and resistant than the HE rotor series. Being essentially mercenaries, the SADF use a wide array of fairly destructive weapons, but at the difference of many other corporations the SADF is reluctant to use energy weapons, since they don't have the knowledge to create their own series and prefer to buy those weapons from other contractors as Black Lab. Considering this, the SADF produce essentially kinetic and ballistic weapons, ranging from Heavy Machine Guns (HMG) to real battle turrets.

At the moment, the SADF is working on their own manufacturing blocks to achieve their main objective: break free from Hawkeye management for who they shed too much sweat, blood and tears. The SADF has always been on the front line. As mercenaries, the SADF has only one color: Erudian Green.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We can discuss blocks, but I'm free to make or not, I won't do commissions and "give" isn't a proper phrase, if you don't like my blocks, you're free to don't download them.

SADF construction blocks:
View attachment 36695 Basic construction blocks

View attachment 36696 Slope armour

View attachment 36697 Platform blocks

View attachment 36698 Armour extension blocks

There are more blocks in the zip here below

Link: SADF Construction Blocks
The construction blocks link is just a link to the textures.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
Nope, not at the moment, I'm still fixing stuff

Last edited: