Rooster's Sonic Social Experiment

-=ROOSTER=-

The Pebble in your Shoe
I had an idea recently that I think could be both entertaining, and educational as well as allowing my friends here in the community to get to know each other a little better. All you have to do is answer this one simple question. What's in your playlist right now? I am firm believer that you can learn a lot about someone from the music that they listen to. And the best thing about it is that there is no better way (that I have ever seen anyways) to find out what kind of person someone is without so much as asking a single personal question. Another thing I consider Important about this is that (and as much as it pains me to have to sound like my grandpa, here goes...) the fact is, good music is getting hard to come by. You know this to be true young Jedi. So taking the time to participate in this will benefit us all. Especially since many of you are literally thousands of miles away, and in places that we may never see in our lifetime. Which makes the chances of stumbling across the same bands that you do pretty remote even in this wired world of ours. So please take a minute and you just might open someone up to something great. One important side note here: DO NOT say anything negative about someone else' taste in music, or I WILL come unglued on you.

-=ROOSTER=-

The Pebble in your Shoe
Right now here's what's currently in mine. These are just what I'm listening to today. They are by no means my favorites or anything, but just what I felt like hearing today. (By Band/Album respectively) At the Drive In - Relationship of Command , Buckethead - Monsters and Robots , Cypress Hill - Greatest Vol 1 , Deftones - Adrenaline , Die Antwoord - Tension , Helmet - Meantime , Jane's Addiction - Strays , The Mars Volta - Octahedron , Praxis - Profanation , Primus - Frizzle Fry , Prong - Cleansing , Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
steamcommunity.com
Okay here goes mine:
In addition my name on SoundCloud and BandCamp is just the same as anywhere else so you can check out my liked videos etc. on my profile.

Last edited:

xXThunderFlameXx

Aircraft Enthusiast

-=ROOSTER=-

The Pebble in your Shoe
Awesome! Thanks you guys, this is exactly the kind of responses that I was hoping for. I guarantee that if this continues we will all benefit from it and find new things that we would never have known about otherwise. Just speaking for my own stuff, I have ton of music that I have collected over many years. A large portion of which I did so not necessarily because it was for me, but just that I wanted to save anything rare I ran across that I felt might disappear. My own taste casts a pretty wide net as far as genres go but my favorite stuff is pretty obscure. I can't wait to see what guys come up with. I really would love to hear from everyone here. Just put up a tune or two you enjoyed today. If something different catches your mood tomorrow come back and share it. Don't be shy about it. :)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I mostly listen to my ~10k tracks from mp3 collection on shuffle (as much again is archived). By the following artists:

View attachment 2018-10-30 Main music artists.jpg

It's kinda stale; I've not had the energy to curate or add to it much in the last few years. Started it in the late 90s, ripping my CD collection. I was lucky to be in student band through highschool, which brought me straight into the good stuff: Radiohead, Pumpkins, Blur, Zeplin, Flyod, Nivana, etc, etc.

Went to lot of rock/metal club nights in the early naughties, too. I made a Spotify playlist of the tracks I remember from that (but don't listen to most of them nowadays).

I've spent the most energy trying to track down good copyright free music under "attribution only" licence for use on my videos (got a lot of quiet space to fill there). I've mostly gone for lo-fi-ish, electronic, chill-hop, whatever the heck it is, as it has to be instrumental and not too distracting. So I'm quite liking Birocratic, thanks @AstraTheDragon, I'll have to try to listen through some more like that, and see what's useable (in legal terms too).

This reminds me of a little discussion we had about music following a dev stream that used a bunch of free-to -use tracks. (I'm sure there's many more threads about musics in this forum section, that I don't follow.:oops:)

-=ROOSTER=-

The Pebble in your Shoe
I don't know about anyone else, but I've learned quite a bit already and have just barely got into a small fraction of what you guys have posted so far. To be honest, one could probably learn more from 10 things that you are actively into now, or that maybe really mean something to you but just haven't listened to lately, rather than 10,000 that you have but do not. Don't get me wrong, I really am finding a gold mine of things I have never heard of in there, but it leaves me wondering which are the important ones in there in your view. @QuackDuck I'm digging the whole "8-Bit" thing. The concept of doing so much with so little in terms of equipment is a brilliant idea. Some of it is really impressive in that context. @AstraTheDragon you have a pretty diverse list there, and from what i've heard so far they for the most part have a similar "feel" to them that I can see why chose them (if that makes any sense). The classical had some of my favorites in there, and I was happy to see some ska in there as well. Back in high school most of my buddies were Rudy's. I really miss the ska scene around here. Check out "Let's go bowling", they are a local band here, and really cool guys. I really like The Untouchables, The Specials, and The Toasters a lot too. @xXThunderFlameXx There's whole genres in there I didn't even know existed. @Sdarks what was the name of that metal band that you were listening to the other day? I was going to look them up, but couldn't remember the name for the life of me. And I realize it would probably bring the list of stuff you guys are trying to do from a million to a million & 1, so i can understand not, but I'm sure everyone would find it interesting to know what kind of music other members of the team are into. - Rooster

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@Sdarks what was the name of that metal band that you were listening to the other day? I was going to look them up, but couldn't remember the name for the life of me. And I realize it would probably bring the list of stuff you guys are trying to do from a million to a million & 1, so i can understand not, but I'm sure everyone would find it interesting to know what kind of music other members of the team are into. - Rooster
Architects and Emarosa are usually who I am listening to. The first aren't very family friendly so I'd suggest younger forum users don't look them up :) @Matt and @Jamie are both fans as well

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
General Playlist to get things done (work, gym, etc.)

Raubtier - Achtung Panzer
Raubtier - Panzarmarsch
Raubtier - Apokalypse
Raubtier - Bärsärkagång

Sabaton - 7734
Sabaton - The Last Stand
Sabaton - Ghost Division
Sabaton - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Sabaton - Gott Mit Uns (Both English and Swedish versions)

Judas Priest - Leather Rebel
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
Judas Priest - Hellrider
Judas Priest - Hell bent for Leather
Judas Priest - The Sentinel

other bands include Motorhead, Megadeth, Rammstein, Saxons, Riot, Mastodon, Manowar, Slayer, Dio, Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth

Whenever I build Lemon Kingdom Techs (Gotta get into the mindset of a futuristic knightly order):

Johann Gottfried Piefke - Prussian Glory
Johann Gottfried Piefke - Der Königgrätzer Marsch
Panzerlied
Westerwald Marsch
Alte Kameraden
Funkerlied
Sabaton - 7734
Sabaton - The Last Stand
Sabaton - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Sabaton - Gott Mit Uns (Both English and Swedish versions)
Judas Priest - The Sentinel

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
one could probably learn more from 10 things that you are actively into now, or that maybe really mean something to you but just haven't listened to lately
Some of my more recent playlist additions, that I groove to most: Poliça, Band of Skulls, Wolf Alice, Metric, We Are Scientists. Longer term: Idlewild, Incubus, Finger Eleven, Veruca Salt, Coheed and Cambria, Stabbing Westwood. All time: Radiohead (even though I don't listen to them often, now).

Architects and Emarosa are usually who I am listening to.
... After Anavae, of course. ;)

Last edited:

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Now all you people can understand why I'm so freaking CRAZY!!! Roll the tape! -
Bad Blood
Immortals
Centuries
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
Jukebox Hero
Thriller
Some Nights
Africa(The ORIGINAL!!!)
Radioactive
Thunder
Thunderstruck
Believer
Seven Years
100 Years
Three Hits
Take It Back(Think it's by Marshmello?)
Boulevard of Broken Dreams(Depressing title or what?)
High Hopes
Bad Day
Get Down On It
I Lived
Walking On The Moon
Little Talks
See You Again
Hey World
Counting Stars
One Foot
Wake Me Up
Dirty Deeds
Modageddon
Pompeii
Can't Hold Us
Secrets
Geronimo
Hold Back The River
Burn the House Down
Clocks
Viva
la Vida
Paradise

Yes, some items on that [long, long] list are in the pictures. Deal with it...

It must be noted that I tend to skip some of these songs, due to repetitiveness.

Attachments

Last edited:

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Now all you people can understand why I'm so freaking CRAZY!!! Roll the tape! -
Bad Blood
Immortals
Centuries
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
Jukebox Hero
Thriller
Some Nights
Africa(The ORIGINAL!!!)
Radioactive
Thunder
Thunderstruck
Believer
Seven Years
100 Years
Three Hits
Take It Back(Think it's by Marshmello?)
Boulevard of Broken Dreams(Depressing title or what?)
High Hopes
Bad Day
Get Down On It
I Lived
Walking On The Moon
Little Talks
See You Again
Hey World
Counting Stars
One Foot
Wake Me Up
Dirty Deeds
Modageddon
Pompeii
Can't Hold Us
Secrets
Geronimo
Hold Back The River
Burn the House Down
Clocks
Viva
la Vida
Paradise

Yes, some items on that [long, long] list are in the pictures. Deal with it...
More pictures!!

Attachments

rdoom2003

乚乇卂刀乇尺 口下 卄乇乚工口丂
Website
soundcloud.com
Justice- Let there be Light
Justice- DVNO
Carpenter brut - Le perv
Carpenter brut - Escape from the midwich valley
SIAMES - Mr.Fear
SIAMES - The Wolf
Getter - purgatory
System of a down -Chop suey
S e p t e m b e r
Daft Punk - Derezzed
Daft Punk
-aerodynamic
M83- Midnight City
Tame impala - Let it happen <--- Personal favorite.
Jack sauber- Fighter
Jack Stauber - Cheeseburger family
Jack Stuaber - Inchman
Great Big sea - Chemical workers song
Jerobeam fenderson - Blocks
C.Allen - Downforce
AUTOMATICA
The Art of noise - Paranoimia
ENERGY SYNERGY MATRIX
Die antwoord - Fatty boom boom
Primus - The devil went to georgia
Johnny cash - God's gonna cut you down
Pendulum- Propane nightmares.
Hyper- Cascade
Hyper - Spoiler
Crackazat - Coffee time
Infectedmushroom - Saaed
Infectedmushroom - Liquid smoke
Infected mushroom - Nutmeg
Realitect- Painting the future

Here's my list!

Last edited:

-=ROOSTER=-

The Pebble in your Shoe
@rdoom2003 Props for having some Art of Noise in there, I had Beat Box Diversion One playing as I read this. I'm a big Primus fan as well. I've seen them several times. In fact, I have friends that I met the first time I went, and now every time a Primus show comes around and we meet up and hang out. Been going on for 20+ years now. System of a down, Die Antwoord, and Johnny Cash I like also. Lots of unexplored territory in there for me to check out too. Thanks for posting.