Rooster Research & Design

Discussion in 'Techs' started by -=ROOSTER=-, Sep 1, 2018.

1. -=ROOSTER=-

-=ROOSTER=- Well-Known Member

Hello there, I decided to start this thread because I have built a great many things in Terratech. Some bad, some good. Some that I'm quite proud of, and some built just for the comedic value. But I just feel that it would be a shame for no one to ever see them. So in hopes that some of you might be inspired, or at least entertained for a bit, I'm placing them here. And I plan on updating the inventory often. Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy doing so. -=Rooster=- >>>> Note: All of the pics in this thread (unless otherwise indicated) are 100% functional in-game. If you want to try them just right click on the pic, and save to your c:\users\(your user name)\My Documents\Terratech\Snapshots folder and you should be set.<<<< You can find my Steam Workshop here https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974187358/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920 or my Steam collection here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1470881264

#1 -=ROOSTER=-, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. -=ROOSTER=-

V67MarlinVTOL Bomber.png The V67 Marlin: I thought I would start with this one because it is one of the most useful techs I have ever flown. It handles several roles, and remarkably well. Below is an excerpt from the official Venture press release (I sometimes invent stupid back-stories for my techs that you may, or may not find funny - don't mind me): The V67MC VTOL StrikeFighter/Bomber. In 2020 the project: NATO Codename "Marlin" was Venture Corp's intended replacement for America's soon to be de-comissioned A10 Thunderbolt. Though the project was put an hold indefinitely for undisclosed reasons, Venture Corp engineers never gave up on the project, and it is now being used in "off world" applications. It can handle close air support, and tank-killer duties, as well as surgical bombing strikes. Needs no runway.

#2 -=ROOSTER=-, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  3. -=ROOSTER=-

Venture Aurora Light Battle Tank: Next up, we have another item from Venture Corp. The state of the art Venture "Aurora" is a first of its kind, multi-roll battle tank. The Aurora can fly, allowing it to provide air support as well as mobile artillary missions. Aurora Mk1.png

#3 -=ROOSTER=-, Sep 2, 2018
  4. -=ROOSTER=-

The BH2: This is one of those builds that the pieces just came together like they were specifically designed with this one thing in mind. Beautifully balanced, and the right amount of thrust in all the right places. Very stable and easy to hold a hover, but when the fight begins it dives into the turns and letting you circle an enemy with the nose pointed just right to get your shots off and get away clean. I think it's very sleek looking also (which can be a job getting Venture techs to look good) even with the Geocorp beam in there. But that's just my opinion. Looks may be in the eye of the beholder, but the way it flies speaks for itself. BH2 v2.png

#4 -=ROOSTER=-, Sep 2, 2018
  5. -=ROOSTER=-

The Jawa Sand Crawler: Since the peace treaty, and following "free trade" bill were signed by Tatooine leading to the partnership between the Jawas and Venture Corp, Jawa technology has grown exponentially. The "Sand Crawler" which was initially a slow lumbering tracked machine, has evolved into one of the fastest VTOL tank/aircraft in the quadrant, and features a compliment of 10 "Avalanche" guided rocket launchers, along with shield, and repair field generators. But despite the level of technology available to them, they still wear dirty tunics, and live in caves. Old habits die hard I guess. Go figure. Jawa Sand Crawler.png

6. -=ROOSTER=-

HBT 1.png The HBT1: Hawkeye's flagship light battle tank. Fully armored on every exterior surface and
    equipped with state of the art weaponry, it is truly a force to be reckoned with. Featuring
    dual rows of tracks for redundancy in the event that you take a direct hit, destroying one,
    or more of the outer drive the vehicle will not be immobilized and remain combat effective.
    A full compliment of seekers, cruise missiles, and both cannon turrets, and battleship
    cannons make light work of most opponents. This version also comes with an aft-mounted row
    of rail guns capable of slicing through even toughest of foes at great distance. A Hawkeye
    engineer (Dr. Melvin Wernstrom seen in the picture below with his wife Bunny on our annual
    company off-road holiday) was quoted as saying "While low profile stance and sloped armor
    do give it a reduced target profile, we actually just did that to keep all the chunks that
    the two rear-mounted SCUs pull in wouldn't get hung up on it, and just kind of slide over
    it. It just leaves sooo much debris everywhere". 4x4YeeHaw.png

7. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

I love background stories about tech or in gameplay!

Can you post link to your steam workshop page in first post of this thread?

#7 Nightblade Greyswandir, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  8. -=ROOSTER=-

Phantom Hover Roadster: We here at RR&D occasionally take jobs for civilian clients as well. A good example of this the "Phantom" hover roadster. The "G-Ride" of the future. Built for a gentleman by the name of "Jimmy the Fish" Martelli, a self-proclaimed "Bidness Man" from NYC, who needed something a little better suited to his occupation, to commute to, and from work. "I needs ta be able ta finish a job, an knows I can get away clean", as he put it. Having no tires to worry about going flat, shields, and armed with 8 - four barreled machine guns along with 2 seeker pods, and 3 cruise missiles, he should be able to sleep a little easier at night. Especially since the Phantom has VTOL capability allowing him to simply "take off" should things get "hairy". PhantomHoverRoadster.png

9. -=ROOSTER=-

I sure can. And thank you, I wasn't really sure if anyone was enjoying them, or just thought they were stupid.:D

10. -=ROOSTER=-

We here at RR&D believe that "If its worth doing, its worth over-doing", and in that spirit, I present the UltimateBrickBase v1. UltimateBrickBasev1.png With 22 fabricators, 44 silos (large), 6 refineries, 8 delivery cannons, and 4 double sided feed lines drawing from 128 collectors, it is truly the ultimate brick base.

11. Nightblade Greyswandir

this is so badass!

-=ROOSTER=- likes this.
  12. Nightblade Greyswandir

this reminds me on hover car from star wars...

-=ROOSTER=- likes this.
  13. -=ROOSTER=-

GSO GH1A Surveyor v1: This is a project that we have been developing for GSO for some time now, but were not at liberty to say anything about due to "gag" order that GSO insisted we sign upon taking the contract. But since the big "unveiling" ceremony and press conference at GSO main headquarters, we can finally show you what it looks like. Note: If you were not able to attend the event, you really didn't miss much. In fact, we left early. They actually tried to serve white wine with the prime rib. Barbarians. GSO GH1A Surveyor v1.png

14. -=ROOSTER=-

The North American Aviation XB-70 Valkyrie was a prototype aircraft built in 1964 at a cost of $750 million dollars (US), a bargain by today's standards. The odd, unconventional design is remarkably stable. When I finished this build, and released the build beam it immediately took off, was able to climb vertically, then after leveling out held perfectly flat and true. I didn't have to change a thing. Valkyrie.png

15. -=ROOSTER=-

The staff here at RR&D would like to extend our sincere gratitude to hard working professionals at Payload Studios for the generous shipment of new blocks that we received to further our research. We be subjecting them to rigorous battery of testing, and will ThanksFoDaBlox.png report our findings as soon as the pertinent data has been collated. :)

16. SRTT

SRTT Member

does it have a droop snoot? please tell me it has a droop snoot. if it does i will buy one

17. -=ROOSTER=-

Well, it has dropped off completely a couple of times. Does that count? I hope so, sales have been slow lately.

18. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

according to wikipedia the valkyrie does have a form of drop snoot, but only the top surface and front windows changes position

19. -=ROOSTER=-

I was aware that the real one had that feature, but adding it mine would pretty much take the creation of new blocks to pull off. That reminds me ... I have a complete redesign of it that I was going to post. This version is (I think anyways) much better looking, and actually useful in-game. Well, as it turns out, extremely useful. Valkyrie Mk2.png I wasn't crazy about wings up front, but they were a necessary compromise. It now has 16 flush mounted bomb bays which make it very fun to use. And for as large as it is it handles well enough to do just about anything a small fighter will do.

20. SRTT

SRTT Member

meh it's very nice anyway ill still take 'un

-=ROOSTER=- likes this.