RND Mission Replay Section & MISC Additions

SUPER-TANK

Dec 10, 2019
As a TT Wiki Editor, I noticed that HEX (the guy who makes the block lists), a Veteran player, is unable to procure mission-relevant data. Although he claimed that he's able to return to ANY version of the game, I'd spare him the trouble.
And of course, I did purchase the DLC to support Payload.

So here's the Idea of the RND Mission Replay Section:

This allows you to play any of the unique missions (non-randomly generated) infinitely, which can be useful for writing wiki articles. This includes license-acquisition missions.

Alternatively, there will be also an endless supply of "random missions" for the player to test their skills without going into campaign. None of the RND missions offer rewards for obvious reasons, with the exceptions of missions with enforced reward crate contents, in which case only the fixed blocks will spawn and when there are no blocks, no reward crate appears.

Missions should be accepted from a terminal that is located under the second RND Lab Tab.

The player can access this location named "Campaign Emulator".

The terminal is a single anchored RR Block named "Reticule Research Mission Terminal", a block with it's own anchor and allows you to accept missions any time. This block must be anchored to function and is exclusive to the RND Labs. It does not appear in the tech manager, even when loaded through hacked snapshots.

The player cannot have more than 1 mission active at a time as otherwise the game may crash. The terminal will become unusable if you have an active mission and it will say "Cancel, fail, or finish the current mission before undertaking new ones" instead if you try to interact it while a mission is active. If there are other techs getting in the way, they will simply be teleported away (500M from a reference point) from the mission area once the player accepts the mission, while scattered loose blocks will just despawn.

Unique terrain for applicable missions shall be added too. They will always be present, even before the mission, near the location of the teleporter. The terrain does not update if the game adds more missions, but the player can simply restart RND Labs and the new terrain would be correctly generated.

For randomly generated missions, the game will randomly generate terrain and place a waypoint for the player to proceed with, along with the usual mission dialogue.

All missions in RND Labs can be cancelled, and the player can choose to do so at any time regardless of distance. This will cause the related NPC techs and terrain to instantly despawn. Detached blocks, however, will remain there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, some other changes to RND Labs:
  • You should be able to take snapshots of all techs, regardless of their alignment.
  • When an enemy tech spawns in RND, it will take 10 seconds to trigger it's mounted explosive bolts, if any. This allows players to save designs more efficiently.
  • The tech menu should automatically disappear if the player switches techs. This issue caused the game to crash once because I tried to change alignment on a tech that I somehow was directly controlling.
  • Add a Neutral configuration to tech alignment. Neutral techs have AI if with a control block, but will never use their weapons, as well as explosive bolts. They are additionally immune to all damage from other techs as well as explosive bolts (I came up with this when I'm testing combat techs in the Labs, as well as playing defense missions). If they have blocks like the SCUs and conveyors/receivers, or even the stabilizer computer, they function normally. Obviously, they won't use fabricators. The catch is that Neutral chargers will supply electricity to all other techs, including other neutral techs.
  • Add a combination for quickly switching tech allegiance. Tech manager sometimes takes a few seconds to open, which is annoying. It will cycle through "Allied-Enemy-Neutral"

SUPER-TANK

Dec 10, 2019
-----------------------------------------------------------
General game changes:
  • Game should include a more detailed pause-menu map that shows points of interest such as "Spider King's Lair at [X Location, Y Location]" so I don't need to put anchors there if I ever want to visit them again.
  • A new accessory block named "Reticule Research Mobile Mission Terminal". Locked behind a serious of tedious RR missions in campaign and is presented as the reward for completing the last RR mission. It's like the static one I proposed, but is smaller, and functions as long as it's attached to any tech, or if it's anchored. It allows you to accept and cancel missions just with this (regardless of distance or game limits, all missions can be cancelled), as well as upgrading your mission log with an enhanced interface, both visually and functionally.
    • Speaking of that, Each corp should all have a similar counterpart that is unlocked at GSO 3 (or Grade 2 for other non RR corps). These are even smaller, but only displays missions from that corp. Multiple ones from different corps will result in all possible missions but the standard HUD, while each has it's own unique overlay.
  • RR License mission spawn rate should be greatly increased.
  • More RR missions needed.

YaYYeeT

Turning out ESS lore at 0.0282739 words per minute
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
Are you the Super4gettitank (spelling issues probably) person on the wiki?

YaYYeeT

Turning out ESS lore at 0.0282739 words per minute
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
I might™ go to the wiki and get an account as if fandom's login is possible and edit it if I have time(never). On a side note, I used to go to the wiki all day before finding the forums.

SUPER-TANK

Dec 10, 2019
Rafs, a well-known modder, has suggested to me that the addition of the Mission Replace section can also increase the value of RND Labs DLC pack, which it lost when the re-skin event enraged the players.

For now, most ways of retaining the original value is to add exclusive content - But in a different, specialized way, for those who are REALLY into supporting the game.

Reactions: YaYYeeT