Ridiculously Radical Block Re-Skin Suggestions Continued [Unofficial]

Discussion in 'Open' started by ZeroGravitas, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:59 PM.

1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Moderator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator

Continued from here.

Totally get that (I was fishing for leaks on Crafting plans;)).

I totally forgot to push for BIGGER Pacemakers (for the other Corps), as per my 3 month old suggestion thread (although you guys did indeed get the basic GSO Pacemaker into the game:)). Should have all the code there (unless planning new features with the other Corps').

You other guys are welcome to post more block suggestions onto this thread, but it's totally unofficial, so don't expect @Jamie or other devs to have time to read it. Also, they should say if they'd prefer this moved to the suggestions section (or closed down).:)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 9:19 PM
    Masakari and Bøømik like this.
  2. Fehn

Fehn Well-Known Member IFTTES

1. Geocorp
    2. GSO Stabilizer Wheel
    3. 2x2x2
    4. \_( ' - ' )_/

3. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Canary Most Ingenious

Huh.....didn't get a notification from the original thread when Jamie posted.....weird as I got one from everyone else when they posted.....

Not sure how they didn't expect that end result considering how many suggestions they get already prior to it.
    Nice they are giving a verdict to each suggestion, although I feel there will be a lot not accepted unfortunately.....

As for this thread......I dunno if it would be good to continue posting suggestions as they won't be taking in any more for now (what happened to the deadline lol) until they reopen the thread (hopefully).

Hope MP gets done soon (but not half arsed and rushed as that would not be good for them) so they could start adding more needed and wanted blocks that do require code work.

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Moderator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator

Yeah. My notifications seem to have been increasingly patchy, of late. Not sure if it's worth trying to report this, or put it down to the ongoing general forum flakiness.

When was it supposed to be? I only noticed the thread yesterday (I check sub-forums manually) and didn't get chance to sleep on the thought, hence having this to say today, after the thread was locked...:(

5. Masakari

IIRC the deadline was the 15th.

Yea it was only open for a couple days (like 2 or 3 days), and a lot of people were posting multiple things which probably lead to it's premature locking. Still can't believe that they did not expect the feedback/response from the community....

I was planning on posting some more if I could think of something (a lot were already taken and kinda lacking on what we could re-skin that didn't need code work done which limited unique ideas....) come to find out the locking today (early morning for me like 2:30 am).

I kinda don't agree with the verdict and reason on the wings (especially the expander middle wing section seeing as we got the Venture one to copy from and could just add 2 APs on top of the rudder re-skin to make that expander section...) considering not too long ago they added a new pair of L/R wings for Venture....

The wheels I can see as they do have problems with the current ones.

6. Bøømik

Bøømik Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Kebab Kingdom IFTTES

Venture Plasma Ram:

Corporation: Venture
    Functionality: Rips apart blocks, explodes them, and deals extremely heavy damage at really close range for all of those rammer builds. Uses the plasma cutter code but more damage, effects, rips blocks, and explosions.
    Size: 1 block tall, 1 block long, and 3 blocks wide
    Extra: Does massive amounts of damage at close range, exploding blocks and completely ripping them off of the enemy.
    Image:
    IMG_0882.PNG
    Something like this^^^ (Robocraft)

JimmyBlether and Masakari like this.
  7. Darkstar076

Darkstar076 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

One of the ideas I held back because i would imagine it would require coding to make it work (which was against the rules of the contest)

Corporation: Any
    Functionality: Anti Missile Defense (full 360 turreted laser)
    Size: 1 x 1 x 1
    Extra: Fires a laser beam to try and shoot down any incoming missile or bomb before it obliterates your tech !

laserblock.jpg

8. Masakari

Isn't that some concept artwork for the chemical(?) laser the military was talking about working on several years ago? Swear I've seen that image before....

9. Legionite

Legionite Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary TAC IFTTES

Since AA Guns are actually valued by the devs now, a handful of ideas that I had may come in handy.
    See [>Here<] for all the AA Guns to expand off of @Bøømik's idea.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:28 AM
    Masakari likes this.
  10. Darkstar076

Darkstar076 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Yeah, i believe your right. It was one of the first hits google gave me when i was looking for an image.

And here is another idea for a block which might take less coding. Assuming that i understand the targeting mechanics of missiles.
    (I have noticed that in the R&D Chamber, when i shoot a missile at the target, it veers off at the last second missing the cab - I am hoping we can increase that offset)

Corporation: Any
    Functionality: Radar Jammer (increases the offset of a missile that is targeting your tech)
    Size: 1 x 1 x 1
    Extra: Obscures the signature of your tech, increasing the chance of a missile to miss your tech. Effectiveness is reduced proportional to the size of your tech.

Radardome.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:54 AM
    Masakari likes this.
  11. Jamie

Jamie PAYLOAD STUDIOS Developer Community Manager

You're right - maybe I should rephrase that.

*We didn't expect that many useful/workable suggestions on the thread ;)

12. Zargn

Zargn Administrator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator TT Translator

Since you only told us what you think about three types of the blocks, do the other ones still have a chance, or is the competition fully closed and finished?

13. Jamie

The thread is closed to suggestions - as we have enough to get working on. I'll be updating the OP on the decisions for the rest of the blocks as they come. Some have been accepted, some have been rejected. Keep checking back to the OP.

14. Masakari

@Jamie We know that it was just closed due to overload :p, but will it be re-opened later for more suggestions depending on how many do get accepted? (a good chunk of them were wings)

Zargn likes this.
  15. Zargn

Zargn Administrator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator TT Translator

News:
    • [APPROVED] Venture Tank & Racer Treads -- Dynamix & Sea_Kerman
    We really liked the reference image for the racer treads you gave Dynamix, and decided to combine Sea_Kerman's Tank Tread dreams with yours :) These will come in small and large variations.

Do you want me to post news from the competition here?

Bøømik likes this.
  16. Dynamix

Dynamix Member Beta Deluxe

Good to hear man!
    Yea just put it here.Its more clean here.

Zargn likes this.
  17. Jamie

Once we work through this list, i'll make a new thread asking for suggestions.

18. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

@Jamie What is the problem you have with left/right wing?

19. Jamie

20. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

What kind of confusion? It works perfectly. Venture wings are awesome.

JimmyBlether likes this.