Rework tracks in general

Epic afdc

Okay so you know with tracks that when you add just two tracks to a tech, the suspension is like jelly, but when you add four tracks the suspension stiffens up? This feature needs to be Completely removed. This makes two tracked vehicles a pain to control and it just infuriates me. I want this feature removed.

Epic afdc

Oh and with the new small Hawkeye tracks, they have the same problem as the venture tracks, they jitter around like crazy when moving

Captain Load

Large wheels, esp. Big Boys, often jitter when sitting still. It can happen on terrain that is almost perfectly flat. I suspect its the forces algorithm getting confused about how to move the suspension.

IMO tracks have always been kind of terrible on larger techs. I suspect its got to do with the fact they have such a weird contact point arrangement - its kind of all or nothing.

Sea_Kerman

Yeah. I think the reason the tracks don’t seem to work like they should is that the front angled part doesn’t actually produce traction to drive it. It’s basically a line of wheels. Perhaps the devs should experiment with putting what is essentially another wheel in the angle, raised a bit relative to the bottom of the track.

ARES IV

Okay so you know with tracks that when you add just two tracks to a tech, the suspension is like jelly, but when you add four tracks the suspension stiffens up?
That probably is more a weight distribution issue. On 2 tracked vehicles you brake with the forward roadwheels which lifts off the aft roadwheels from the ground which then increases the beginning "wheelie".

On 4 or more tracked designs the aft tracks are not only a significant counterweight but also add additional suspension resistance that has to be overcome. Being larger in general and having a longer track base also helps, as does weight dist

Epic afdc

That probably is more a weight distribution issue. On 2 tracked vehicles you brake with the forward roadwheels which lifts off the aft roadwheels from the ground which then increases the beginning "wheelie".

On 4 or more tracked designs the aft tracks are not only a significant counterweight but also add additional suspension resistance that has to be overcome. Being larger in general and having a longer track base also helps, as does weight dist
Try it with the old Hawkeye tracks, see how the suspension just springs up