This is a nice thread to view creations.

• I disagree with the above statement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I disagree with the above statement, instead agreeing with the original statement.

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Btw I really like the design of the plane and the placement of the BF lasers on the engine intakes. :) Looks awesome!
I felt a little smart when I did the thing with the lasers. I like it a lot too because I was thinking about a way to make the engines look big and shroud some shield and repair bubbles, and then I realized I could also use the corner pieces for lasers. It isn't perfect but I like its smooth transition a lot too.

It's definitely not a new idea though, I've seen lots of other people do it :)

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Pretty sleek design across techs as well.
Thanks. I was trying a battle-boat design with some linear engines that hovered but scrapped it because there weren't appropriate blocks to extend the shape of the hull smoothly and it was an absolute frustration. I may return to that project now since I've learned a lot from building the plane and I've stopped being a perfectionist and resigned myself to the fact that BF techs won't be perfectly shiny, smooth, and curved.

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Hello everyone! As my battery is about to die from working on my laptop and not at my desk to build more TT creations, I will be posting what I have in terms of Techs right now. The one I have currently is a modified version of the Valkyrie AAA that ZeroGravitas designed. I was displeased by the way that the tech was powered with and sold unrefined chunks which was really unacceptable to me. I redesigned the tech to take refined chunks, but this forced me to change a few bits here and there to get it to fly instead of bounce up and down like some sort of sad rolling ball.

I added thrusters as well. Unfortunately, the Tech generally likes to nose down, so it might be a little difficult to fly. However, flying can cover long distances, so you should be safe as long as you spot a grassland in time (mow through some trees, and you'll be charged with battery).

This tech is more Campaign-focused as I wanted to have a fleet of something cheap that could also fly and the airships I normally use were severely broken around 1.0 and Dire Wolf, the airship I was working towards. was still pretty stable but didn't hover well either. I'm more using this for personal use so I don't expect everyone to absolutely love it.

ZG Valkyrie AAA Hvy.png

Have fun sliding around! There are also thrusters to help you out.

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Sneak Peek at a floating crafting base:

20190211174833_1.jpg

"They all float..."

If you want this tech in your world as soon as I can produce a final version, please don't stock up on GSO Megaton Cannons. I will be using a lot fewer of those. Instead, start buying up and crafting BF Linear Engines, BF Solar Panels, BF Faired One Blocks, and buy EXP Horizon Gyros and Platforms from every Trading Station possible. And don't forget GeoCorp Batteries.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Sneak Peek at a floating crafting base:

View attachment 26033

"They all float..."

If you want this tech in your world as soon as I can produce a final version, please don't stock up on GSO Megaton Cannons. I will be using a lot fewer of those. Instead, start buying up and crafting BF Linear Engines, BF Solar Panels, BF Faired One Blocks, and buy EXP Horizon Gyros and Platforms from every Trading Station possible. And don't forget GeoCorp Batteries.
nice

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Hello everyone. I'm releasing what I've got sans fanfare because I just want to get started on my next project. The Ghost crafter I made was just too laggy for even my computer. I'll just... leave this here. It's a crafting base. It floats. It's laggy and a lot of bugs were discovered while making it. It has a little runabout in case any resources fall off and for moving around to check on bits of the base. There's a larger landing pad intended for smaller planes like my Light Plane I or the ZG Valkyrie AAA C3, and a makeshift runway in case you want to push the runabout back into storage and take off or land from the side.

I'll create a similar runabout because it's simply easier to just move around in a small vehicle on a platform between the scrapping and fabricating sections. I'll be creating a grounded CFS Base (like @ZeroGravitas's). It loses some of the innate speed of the CFS builds, but you gain the ability to scrap absolutely anything and everything, and store it all in dedicated silos.
-----------------------------------------
Ghost Crafter.png

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Hello everyone. I'm releasing what I've got sans fanfare because I just want to get started on my next project. The Ghost crafter I made was just too laggy for even my computer. I'll just... leave this here. It's a crafting base. It floats. It's laggy and a lot of bugs were discovered while making it. It has a little runabout in case any resources fall off and for moving around to check on bits of the base. There's a larger landing pad intended for smaller planes like my Light Plane I or the ZG Valkyrie AAA C3, and a makeshift runway in case you want to push the runabout back into storage and take off or land from the side.

I'll create a similar runabout because it's simply easier to just move around in a small vehicle on a platform between the scrapping and fabricating sections. I'll be creating a grounded CFS Base (like @ZeroGravitas's). It loses some of the innate speed of the CFS builds, but you gain the ability to scrap absolutely anything and everything, and store it all in dedicated silos.
-----------------------------------------
View attachment 26127
It's a shame that crafting is useless exept for discovering blocks

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
It's a shame that crafting is useless exept for discovering blocks
Well, there are sometimes useful ones you generally craft because you need more of but don't want to throw money at like missiles. But yes, other than missiles and compressed crafting blocks, crafters are generally useless.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Well, there are sometimes useful ones you generally craft because you need more of but don't want to throw money at like missiles. But yes, other than missiles and compressed crafting blocks, crafters are generally useless.
erudite autofarming is just easier than crafting, and is about as efficient

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
erudite autofarming is just easier than crafting, and is about as efficient
Well, there's just something about stepping away from your computer and/or doing a mission away from your base and coming back to see more stuff in your inventory. It's an "I worked to get these blocks" not "I bought em". That's just my way of playing TerraTech, although I do understand that it's a viable way to go out and chop up trees and grind up Erudite and/or Celestite.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Well, there's just something about stepping away from your computer and/or doing a mission away from your base and coming back to see more stuff in your inventory. It's an "I worked to get these blocks" not "I bought em". That's just my way of playing TerraTech, although I do understand that it's a viable way to go out and chop up trees and grind up Erudite and/or Celestite.
I know, i dont like it either. I just wish it didnt take about 20 minutes just to get a single weapon, even it it is what would make the weapon somewhat balanced

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
I know, i dont like it either. I just wish it didnt take about 20 minutes just to get a single weapon, even it it is what would make the weapon somewhat balanced
No, it took me two minutes at most to make a few of the Buying Terminals from different corporations, actually. It's really simple. I think it's just that you have a garbage base. I suggest working with CFS Perhonen, I'm currently using YAFF 920 Mk. 2.

Edit: I also have a lot of commonly used blocks' crafting recipes memorized in my head. I'll scrap things that I have a lot of, whichlikely contributes to the efficiency of my base.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
No, it took me two minutes at most to make a few of the Buying Terminals from different corporations, actually. It's really simple. I think it's just that you have a garbage base. I suggest working with CFS Perhonen, I'm currently using YAFF 920 Mk. 2.

Edit: I also have a lot of commonly used blocks' crafting recipes memorized in my head. I'll scrap things that I have a lot of, whichlikely contributes to the efficiency of my base.
nah, i actually made my base with maximum crafting speed in mind, but making an adequate base is simple enough. The problem is finding an area where all the required resources for high-tier crafting are there (and i dont know what blocks need what basic ingredients, probably due for a spreadsheet on that)

Falchoin

Ideal base locations for me have been in the salt flats with neighboring mountains, desert, and grasslands. All the mineable bits are covered then, and the rest you can get easily from scrapping.

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
I said I was going to drop some new Techs in a few hours. I lied. I fell asleep, woke up, made another Tech, worked on my Campaign BF builds, and then did the laundry. That does mean I have more Techs to show off though. And then I fell asleep again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a raceplane I built. It doesn't actually have any Radar, as it's meant to be deployed and then SCU'd at location. It goes 215mph. No Yaw controls, but has a good amount of fuel.
The "Pulsar x64" raceplane is named for its engines, a twin set of the Venture-Royal Pulsar Doubleshot Rev. 3. It also uses Hawkeye's best-in-class Oleite replenishing fuel tanks. Both its engines and high-pressure fuel tanks make it a self-described "Quarter MIle Demon", crushing all other similar racing planes at skydrag events.

Pulsar x64.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my next plane, just a cheap and light propeller model. The specialty is its Rapid Cannons - although they don't hit much, when they do, the shots count. The explosive force is surprising.

HeavyPropPlane.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last plane I have that really leans into the Rapid Cannon. It isn't very accurate but it won't fail at hitting enemy Big Yellows, especially if those targets are pretty large.

Cannoneer.png '

I'll be posting another two techs in a moment since you can only attach 3 photos at once.

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Ideal base locations for me have been in the salt flats with neighboring mountains, desert, and grasslands. All the mineable bits are covered then, and the rest you can get easily from scrapping.
I've always used Mountain Bases, there's terraces that make Techs shooting you difficult, especially if you're in the tallest terrace in the area. There's also great flat depression points in mountains that make it easier to build a base. I like those since it's a place you can move around in and guard nicely. Mine is surrounded by mountains and protected by turrets, especially at the two entry points I normally use.

Revolver265

ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy
Hello again. I've been off and on and have been building Techs occasionally. Here are two more, a little turret and a compact harvester that harvests anything you need and sells the rest.

---------------------------------------
Vanadium Turret: This Tech is a turret that simply follows the BF and Hawkeye naming scheme of techs that the Payload team uses when placing techs in the game (just giving a tech a random element assignment to its name), rather than player-created techs. It has a healthy amount of lasers to take care of little problems. The Hover Controller needs to be set as tall as possible, and the system uses an anchor control scheme that locks down everything except for turning so that the Turret itself doesn't lean off kilter. However, when unanchored, this tech can be player-manned and float around because it uses regular hovers.

Vanadium Turret.png

-----------------------------------------------
Icepick: This is a selling Tech that prioritizes selling things above all else. Just grind up resources you need to take home to your base, and then if you don't feel like taking them back yet, mow through Grasslands or deserts and sell everything that doesn't fit in the TB Thresher. Well-armed for a dedicated miner (with missiles) and uses a Better Future Anchor so that the high-clearance Tech can mount and deploy its solar panels even on uneven mountainous terrain. The tech can boost itself over rough terrain with 4 Hawkeye Thrusters.

I may have forgotten a pacemaker on the build to help increase its selling speed, please find a spot for one and put it on if I missed it. Thanks!

Icepick I.png