Reticule Research shields

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
Feb 15, 2017
Somewhere
Am I the only one questioning their use? They don't provide the range to radius to protect against explosions nor the size to cover a large tech. They seem to be a waste of resources.

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
You are not alone. I dare say that until (or unless) shields are changed to block explosions, RR shields will continue to be totally useless.

I could see one selling point: if they had very minimal energy consumption. But at this time it still wouldn’t be enough to say “Ah, this is exactly what my tech needs.”

totally anonymous

Anonymous account for anonymous suggestion spammin
Feb 10, 2021
In an anonymous world of anonymous
They seem to be armor plating that uses batteries as hp, but there seems to be no point as they will get rekt by some megaton cannons, cruise missiles, or even rockets with BASIC explosions(eg venture missile pods). We honestly don't need heavy armor as it stands in the current meta, so the entire point of the RR shields is basically some 'backup' armor in case of a small tech breeching your shields, which when used under shield bubbles, causes more battery drain for no more protection.

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
Feb 15, 2017
Somewhere
Can we make the RR shields like absorb fire instead of blocking it? This would make explosions go bye bye and justify the pitiful size of the shield

Reactions: harpo99999

totally anonymous

Anonymous account for anonymous suggestion spammin
Feb 10, 2021
In an anonymous world of anonymous
Would fit the lore of RR. Desc should be something like: "After years of complaints that RR technology was far too vulnerable to explosions, we have come up with the greatest shield ever. See those megaton shells? Explosion go bye-bye! Using innovative hardlight shredders, the shield will project a slab of hardlight with micro spikes, which shred heavy explosive shells into oblivion."

Reactions: harpo99999