Reticule Research feedback 1.3.12.1

Epic afdc

This is for Reticule Research feedback.

The talon laser is quite a good looking weapon, though it is 100% outclassed by the bigger BF disc laser I suggest a damage buff and a range buff.

The mecanum wheel is great and i love it.

I'm kinda disappointed that there wasnt a cab for RR this update, but im sure it will come in the future

I haven't used the new Hawkeye missiles enough to really give feedback on it.

Warning220

Defence enthusiast, Battle ship expert
The thing with the hawkeye ballistic missiles is that they arent actually ballistic because there life span and tracking range is too short for them to fly up high enough and fall on the target so they arent actually ballistic. and the other thing is atleast in my opinion that they are too small to really be named something as grand as ballistic missiles. So at best they are pod missiles. and they could have been so amazing if they actually behaved like ballistic missiles in the sense that they would fly up higher then aim at the target then fall on it like a ballistic missile behaves in real life. Also it would be cool if they were twice as big did 3 times as much damage and were twice as expensive or mby even 3 times because the game dosent have any weapons with the price that goes well over 50k i would of loved a weapon thats was a 100k or maybe even 200k but oh well. and my last small complaint is that they arent practil at all they are outclassed by almost every other missile in the game except for the really week venture pod missile. and for the price you can get a venture avalanch missile launcher which has much longer range tracking and dps because its dps is 700 and the hawkeye ballistic pod launcher or shoots 3 rockets and each rocket only has 550 damage and it takes a while for them all to launch and then realod so the reall dps of it is at best 550 and the it even looks like it has a smaller blast radious and they are also alot less agile and convinient to use in most cases. welp those are my opinions mixed with some facts also the game needs more slow firing long range powerfull weapons.

So far I like the ballistic missiles, but as stated above they seem a bit short range. They look like the long range type you would see on a sub or missile bomber and yet they don't have the range for it.

That said they work really good for sam sites and turret builds. even if the only air we have to face is hover techs.

Would suggest doubling their range. allow them to act as sam sites to the highest degree.

for the radical items only have access to the laser right now and it feels well lacking, like seriously lacking the better future one seems to be better then it. That said I have only used it on two ground builds. and it does have good damage at the least. Guess it could be a good similar type showing that their basic laser is equal to the best better future weapon.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2133913660

First thing I did when getting the new missile pods. Seems like they work really well for bomber type planes but they really need a range increase.

Oh the ramp blocks need a version that is meant to connect to the ground, a "ramp anchor" that allows builds to drive from the ground to what ever it is on.

Last edited:

666TheSDasher666

the new guns imho sucked. they were all underpowered while you tried to balance it. the bmb is too expensive for its damage and range, its from hawkeye, it should be better in damage and in range but the cheap venture pod outdamages that one. it's like the naval gun, everyone was so hyped for those but they just sucked in the end. for the laser, i wish the description (self awareness) actually worked so when you shoot it for a random amount of time, it actually aims randomly, and buff its dmg. the mecanum wheels however are awesome but i wish we could see the rollers spinning. i also feel like there should be one bigger version of the mecanums.

Warning220

Simple fix for the for the hawkeye BMB remove the ballistic part. then it could work because these are most deffinitly not ballistic missiles. Their kinda more like torpedoes.

Simple fix for the for the hawkeye BMB remove the ballistic part. then it could work because these are most deffinitly not ballistic missiles. Their kinda more like torpedoes.
No they are like ballistic missiles, a torpedo would be minimal guidence strait fire not highly guided.

Right now every missile in the game is a ballistic missile as none of them air airburst. They just all have a range safety. (automaticly detonate after they go a specific distance.) that is over zealous.

======================
idea bellow.

If they ever want to add air hostile techs, they are going to need to increase the range of missiles as a hole, missiles should be the longest range option in the game but come at a cost. In this case they are easily destroyed and don't do as much damage as hitting it with a cannon.

Missiles should be the best weapons against fast moving techs, but the worst weapons against Anchored techs.

Easiest way to do that would be to across the board increase missile range by 100-150%. then add a new part to hawkeye and better future.

AMS

Anti missile system, two factions would have it. Hawkeye and better future.

Hawkeye would have two types the above image and the bellow image.

Minigun AMS
info: automaticly fires at and destroys hostile missiles.
function: a 4x4 6 tall turret that has 2x2x4 actual size, automaticly fires at and destroys incoming missiles each one can destroy 2 missiles per second.

Flare AMS
info: automaticly deploys when a hostile build fires missiles missiles have a 20% chance to swap to firing at the flare. this is per flare each launcher launches 4 flares. highly effective against cruise missile builds, not so much against swarm.
each deploy drains a bit of battery.

Better future would get

Laser AMS
info: automticly fires at missiles causing them to explode, takes up less space then the hawkeye one. The down side is it drains battery in exchange for being smaller and more effective can down 10 missiles per second but requires battery charge to fire.

桂桃~

The Ballistic Missile Battery does an excellent job at point defence. The high turning speed and low air speed make it ideal for a sort of area denial role. As @Warning220 pointed out, it should probably be called a surface to air missile pod, but that's just semantics. It could do with a tad more damage and/or explosion radius though, even 8 of them take a while to shoot a small drone down. I think that the real advantage of this particular missile is that the launcher is stationary, which prevents clipping and allows all missiles to be fired. The excellent tracking does the rest. All in all, good, consistent light-medium anti-air weapon, albeit a bit underpowered.

As for the Talon Laser, honestly, IDK, it has shorter range than the BF Disc, and it feels like it turns slower and deals less damage. Yeah it can angle up and down but the disc already does that too. I guess the one advantage it has is that it has a thicker beam and thus can sometimes hit multiple blocks. Perhaps instead of making a RR disc laser, the Talon could fill other roles, such as significantly increasing range and tracking speed for air-air combat, or allowing it to track vertically as well so as to provide a reliable source of anti-air damage. I don't think a damage increase is necessarily warranted though, since this game doesn't really go with the "bigger is better" dogma.

Strafing wheels are really cool, makes you wish there were angled tank tracks too. Speaking of, for things like the behemoth wheels which can turn. unlike most other wheels in the game, it would make sense that they can strafe too at reduced speeds.

Warning220

The Ballistic Missile Battery does an excellent job at point defence. The high turning speed and low air speed make it ideal for a sort of area denial role. As @Warning220 pointed out, it should probably be called a surface to air missile pod, but that's just semantics. It could do with a tad more damage and/or explosion radius though, even 8 of them take a while to shoot a small drone down. I think that the real advantage of this particular missile is that the launcher is stationary, which prevents clipping and allows all missiles to be fired. The excellent tracking does the rest. All in all, good, consistent light-medium anti-air weapon, albeit a bit underpowered.

As for the Talon Laser, honestly, IDK, it has shorter range than the BF Disc, and it feels like it turns slower and deals less damage. Yeah it can angle up and down but the disc already does that too. I guess the one advantage it has is that it has a thicker beam and thus can sometimes hit multiple blocks. Perhaps instead of making a RR disc laser, the Talon could fill other roles, such as significantly increasing range and tracking speed for air-air combat, or allowing it to track vertically as well so as to provide a reliable source of anti-air damage. I don't think a damage increase is necessarily warranted though, since this game doesn't really go with the "bigger is better" dogma.

Strafing wheels are really cool, makes you wish there were angled tank tracks too. Speaking of, for things like the behemoth wheels which can turn. unlike most other wheels in the game, it would make sense that they can strafe too at reduced speeds.
if you want to practically defend your base from any flyer actually just anything really then use the venture avalanche they travel 3 times as fast track 5 times as good and shoot 10 times as fast and are even a little bit cheaper then the hawkeye ones the only missiles that compare to the avalanche missile turret are the hawkeye cruiser and the RR hive for its amazing tracking and speed. and please for god sake dont nerf those.

buch88own

The thing with the hawkeye ballistic missiles is that they arent actually ballistic because there life span and tracking range is too short for them to fly up high enough and fall on the target so they arent actually ballistic. and the other thing is atleast in my opinion that they are too small to really be named something as grand as ballistic missiles. So at best they are pod missiles. and they could have been so amazing if they actually behaved like ballistic missiles in the sense that they would fly up higher then aim at the target then fall on it like a ballistic missile behaves in real life. Also it would be cool if they were twice as big did 3 times as much damage and were twice as expensive or mby even 3 times because the game dosent have any weapons with the price that goes well over 50k i would of loved a weapon thats was a 100k or maybe even 200k but oh well. and my last small complaint is that they arent practil at all they are outclassed by almost every other missile in the game except for the really week venture pod missile. and for the price you can get a venture avalanch missile launcher which has much longer range tracking and dps because its dps is 700 and the hawkeye ballistic pod launcher or shoots 3 rockets and each rocket only has 550 damage and it takes a while for them all to launch and then realod so the reall dps of it is at best 550 and the it even looks like it has a smaller blast radious and they are also alot less agile and convinient to use in most cases. welp those are my opinions mixed with some facts also the game needs more slow firing long range powerfull weapons.
I would like if these missiles could at least follow a ballistic trajectory like real ballistic missiles instead of the "go up a few blocks and go straight for the target". I was excited to see that trajectory when I updated but I was soon disappointed.

Edit: if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, I added a picture 1592682358154.png

Last edited:

YaYYeeT

Derp Artist
one of the 17 quintillon NMS planets and moons.
if you want to practically defend your base from any flyer actually just anything really then use the venture avalanche they travel 3 times as fast track 5 times as good and shoot 10 times as fast and are even a little bit cheaper then the hawkeye ones the only missiles that compare to the avalanche missile turret are the hawkeye cruiser and the RR hive for its amazing tracking and speed. and please for god sake dont nerf those.
Using Dual Autocannon spam is deadly to small flyers.

Falchoin

General feedback in no particular order.

I really like the new Hawkeye missiles. It's nice to finally have a weapon besides the Venture cluster missiles which can be placed almost anywhere on a tech to fill in space. I've not tested their hp, but it would be nice if they were sturdy (compared to other missiles anyway) to allow for front of tech placement without turning the nose into a bomb.

As others have said, the Talon laser is completely outclassed by the BF 3x3x1 laser. The RR one is twice the volume and deals less dps. It needs more of something to fill a niche in comparison be it damage, range, tracking speed, or tracking arc.

I appreciate the sonic blaster losing its awful SFX of being charged and ready for use, along with the drop of the windup for the gigaplasma. I'll probably never use the HIVE missile launchers while it has the 7 second windup before firing. Late game when you're likely to get the darn things most fights will be over before they fire a single shot.

The AA guns still cannot target enemies. They face away from enemies.

As for the missions, the first one was decent and it forces players to pay attention and likely use an aircraft of some sorts.

The laser factory was more annoying than fun, but that's probably because I like to use hovercraft and/or techs larger than can fit through the door. I ended up using a GSO cab to run the gauntlet and build off that rather than risk parts.

And finally the blaster arena battle. I wanted to like it. In theory it should be fun. In reality it was not fun for me. I spent all two minutes driving in circles constantly firing and only destroyed one enemy tech. One. This mission highlighted one of my biggest complaints about the game. Non-homing weapons are practically useless since they almost always miss. Weapons need to account for own tech movement as well as enemy movement in order to hit reliably. Until that happens missiles, mortars, and hitscan weapons will be pretty much all I use except as flavor. It's disheartening.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I agree about the AA turrets, the observed targeting of the aa turret is that the barrels aim at 90 degrees off (the barrels just need to aim toward the target not 90 degrees away from, and the base is aiming toward the enemy)