Reticule Research Brainstorming Thread

Epic afdc

RR Hyper Fertilizer Bomb

Some BF hipsters complained about research not being environment-friendly, let's give them something environment-friendly! RR Hyper Fertilizer Bomb makes random trees grow instantly in the affected area of ground, even if it doesn't normally support tree growth. Take that, stinky hipsters, and have a shower! What do you mean the trees explode after a few minutes? That's just science!
I think you may be referring to “hippies”
I do think this is a fun idea though

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
I'm not against this kind of topic at all but , did devs ask for something about RR or it's juste like that ?
(edit : it's only cuz i'm curious btw , not for blame you ^^)

Last edited:

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
Last time I saw the devs asking for feedback was on gyros, so currently they are working on it.

I made this thread for a far future, nobody knows when they will implement this corp, yet they might save those ideas for later.

I'm enthusiasthic with the enormous potential Terratech has, I really love the game, so I wanted to leave my contribution, and let others do so too in these themed threads.

I hope this clarified it :)

Rafs

It is linked in the original post, thanks :)
However, with the wheels, as I justified properly, I proposed something more interesting than in the original concept.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Also don't forget the original concept art ^^
View attachment 27142
(For the blocks in this pic)

Tesla coil
Melee type weapon, makes intense arcs at nearby blocks, has a lower chance to hit weapons but if it does it will disable them. When it rolls for hitting a weapon, the weapon in question can be one of yours at a smaller chance. Could promote use of dinky weapons to mitigate risk.

Burny stuff cannon
Shoots hot juices at the enemy. Ouch.

(horses rockets in the back) Reticule v e r d y l o n g e rocket
Has a sizable fuel storage inside of itself. it also burns stuff. nice.

(big ol tower in the middle) high altitude mortar strike
Shoots a large explosive dart upwards, which aims itself in place for 3 seconds before returning at the speed of light. Spends a lot of fuel to do this.

(little bab wheels) highly articulate shmol wheels with a nice speed and average suspension. driving with these destroys all of your blocks

(wacky cone wheel) Wacky Cone Wheel
is wacky. has advanced gripping techniques and turns very well, me likey

Last edited:

桂桃~

=> Reticule Anchored Fusion Reactor – The ultimate generator, requires a lot of energy to startup. It is a stable source of energy, but rather big, and if damaged will lead to catastrophic melt-down and explosion. Maybe a 4x3x3 block.

=> Reticule Mobile Fusion Reactor – A block that requires a lot of energy to startup, but will then be a stable source of energy. Enough damage will lead to a big explosion. Though if it as a heavy 3x2x2 block.
That's not how nuclear fusion works. When a fusion reactor melts down, there is no explosion, it just kind of stops working, possibly causing some damage to the system and requiring energy to start up again. I'd say it needs to take three days of constant energy input to start up and if damaged/destroyed/unanchored, requires you to go through that process again.

Rafs

Ok then, but I think waiting days for something to work after loading a snapshot may be too annoying to be a well designed "con", I'd stick to big explosions even if unrealistic, or maybe 1 day at most to startup for anchored generators.

Rafs

So I started 3D modeling and this is my very first project. A large 3x3x3 sphere wheel concept for Reticule Research:

1560528636062.png

This was made in SketchUp (I learned a lot of things while doing this model), it has been fun :)
The wheel doesn't have to be exactly like this in game but I hope it can inspire some cool sphere wheel designs. I have more sphere wheels to model from some drawings and many other ideas too that I have shared in this forum in these last few months.

Some more views:

1560528866862.png

If anyone wants the sketchup files to mess around with, just message me ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Epic afdc

So I started 3D modeling and this is my very first project. A large 3x3x3 sphere wheel concept for Reticule Research:

View attachment 27670

This was made in SketchUp (I learned a lot of things while doing this model), it has been fun :)
The wheel doesn't have to be exactly like this in game but I hope it can inspire some cool sphere wheel designs. I have more sphere wheels to model from some drawings and many other ideas too that I have shared in this forum in these last few months.

Some more views:

View attachment 27671

If anyone wants the sketchup files to mess around with, just message me ;)
Daaaaamn that looks really cool!!

Rafs

Continuing with the detailing, the next model is one for the RR Force Field Generator, small version.

1560724838850.png 1560724998236.png 1560724946484.png

Reticule Force Field Generator (small/medium/large) - Repells techs, loose blocks and slow projectiles within its range of action; has the average radius scaling of magnets. The bigger the generator, the bigger and stronger the repulsion field, but also the more energy it drains. Useful against small techs, melee attackers or even kamikazis. Also repells slow projectiles like sticky bombs or dropped bombs.
This is the smallest version of it. It has the repulsion range of a small gso magnet, and a strong pull. It drains energy passively over time. Useful at keeping smaller techs safe from other small melee attackers. The repulsion works both ways so a small tech using this may bounce away from larger techs. Loose blocks are repelled too, making this useful to unclog healing bubbles of loose damaged blocks.

Larger versions of it should be able to repell larger techs and change the trajectory of slow moving bombs like mortars, sticky bombs and dropped bombs. Missiles suffer some deflection too (slow ones like cruise), potentially missing their target. Larger generators with their large radius drain much more energy. Effects cannot be stacked.
During placement and build mode mouse-over, a yellow "bubble" should indicate repulsion range.

Last edited:

Epic afdc

Continuing with the detailing, the next model is one for the RR Force Field Generator, small version.

View attachment 27713 View attachment 27716 View attachment 27715

This is the smallest version of it. It has the repulsion range of a small gso magnet, and a strong pull. It drains energy passively over time. Useful at keeping smaller techs safe from other small melee attackers. The repulsion works both ways so a small tech using this may bounce away from larger techs. Loose blocks are repelled too, making this useful to unclog healing bubbles of loose damaged blocks.

Larger versions of it should be able to repell larger techs and change the trajetory of slow moving bombs like mortars, sticky bombs and dropped bombs. Missiles suffer some deflection too (slow ones like cruise), potentially missing their target. Larger generators with their large radius drain much more energy. Effects cannot be stacked.
Again, you’re killing it with the 3D models. Even though I initially thought this was a battery (the bars on the side did it for me)

bloodvrtx

Other corps derivations

GSO Hub Ball Trailer Wheel - An unpowered wheel consisting of a large ball and smaller ball bearings inside of a case, allowing freedom of movement on a towed tech.

Geocorp Mecanum Track – A track that has mecanum wheels in its treads, allowing for easier turning.
Geocorp Morphing Wheel – A medium, round wheel that can morph into a trigonal tank track for higher grip when necessary, trading speed for power whenever needed; like when climbing a steep hill.

Venture Pulse Bomb Cannon – Fires a bomb that explodes with low damage but great knockback.
Venture Mecanum Wheel – A light mecanum wheel that can achieve high speeds, also allowing for sharp turns.

Hawkeye Kinectic Accelerator – A smaller version of the kinectic railgun, less damage and less knockback on both user and target.
Hawkeye Track Ball - A big armored sphere wheel, average carrying strength and speed but allows for free movement in any direction. Very tough.

Better Future Omni Halo Wheel – Looks like a normal medium halo wheel, but it has motorized internal rollers between the tire and the halo, that can rotate the tire horizontally (poloidal rotation, like a donut rotating inwards or outwards), allowing for more freedom of movement.

Junkers Oil Puddle – Drops a large puddle of slickery oil, that makes any techs lose grip when in contact with it.
Junkers Omni Wheel – A big wheel with several other wheels attached to its borders in a 90° angle, allowing free movement in all directions. (Idea by @Random Spaceship)

Some Wheel Examples:

View attachment 27053

That's all, thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed!

Leave your ideas too in the commentaries!

Sorry to restart this month old discussion but have you seen this post? https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...um-wheels-or-swerve-drives.17793/#post-126303

Rafs

Yep :) I proposed these for the Junkers though, and at the time I didn't really think it would work sideways lol nice video!

This thread is timeless, no problem! When I come back to modeling I might add more concepts to it ;D